Finally did it right!

I've been working seriously on a PM DE. I wasn't concentrating on a single set, rather picking and choosing the specific parts of each for RSM and +to PM. I was seriously pumping Test while slowly bringing up the PM levels--adding most levels through equipment. And of course he was working toward a max level Mongoose :)

By level 50 he was tearing up VOT, nothing could hold him down. I reached level 60 today and--as I often do--headed straight to gold. I jumped into VOT and was dead before I knew what hit me.

I still have my pure melee DE about to hit silver, but I really think I'm going to have to do another PM DE.

Ahh sorry to hear that Sil at list next time you can improve him even more and I think you said it best what killed him:

I reached level 60 today and--as I often do--headed straight to gold. I jumped into VOT and was dead before I knew what hit me.

Oh and what was your SB since you leveled him so fast? :)

Oh bad to hear! I'm so sorry.

Yeah as Ari said we will help you to make it again (to 216 this time), just tell us if you need anything...runes, sets, xp, or some friends on servers.

Good luck! :lol:

....Oh and what was your SB since you leveled him so fast? :lol:

You know, I never really checked. I know that he was a set finding fool and had several DE set pieces as well as pieces for other toons.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

I find I do the same thing, with the same results.

That is: I work VoT in Silver, or Gold or Plat and then jump to VoT in the next highest level of difficulty without investing time in upgrade to the new difficulty level's armour, without updating (and boosting) my combos from the exhaustive shopping in the new difficulty level, and without SP practice (for Niob).

Further, playing at lower level of challenge within the new level of difficulty hasn't happened either. This will get you set items at the new difficulty level.

So, we should learn this:

1) Shop like crazy to update your combos

2) Update your runes read (if you're reading runes)

3) Update your combos

4) Practice in the less challenging areas of the new difficulty level. (vs undead is ideal..as they are slow {for that difficulty level!})

5) gather set items for this difficulty level...

...THEN goto a more challenging area in the new difficulty level...

...THEN goto VoT.

*exhales sharply*

Words to live by!

Um you know I lost many De-es before at higher level than plat. (some was higher than niob)

Then I thought something is not right. so I changed my settings. You know there is a flesh, a light when your health is under 20%

Now I changed it to 80%, what means when I have only 80% health (-20%) then it lights. I never killed any De-es or any toons (not with overspawn haha) after that. Maybe you can try it. Good luck with your new Dark Elf. :lol:

Yup the default is like 25% I think, I upped mine to 55% and I tend to only lose toons to the lag monster... The SIF has a good guide to editing the config sys for sacred.

....Oh and what was your SB since you leveled him so fast? :lol:

You know, I never really checked. I know that he was a set finding fool and had several DE set pieces as well as pieces for other toons.

Ok Sil but keep in mind the faster you level a toon in one area the faster the SB falls down. So it always good to take your time with it and explore a bit.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

I find I do the same thing, with the same results.

That is: I work VoT in Silver, or Gold or Plat and then jump to VoT in the next highest level of difficulty without investing time in upgrade to the new difficulty level's armour, without updating (and boosting) my combos from the exhaustive shopping in the new difficulty level, and without SP practice (for Niob).

Further, playing at lower level of challenge within the new level of difficulty hasn't happened either. This will get you set items at the new difficulty level.

So, we should learn this:

1) Shop like crazy to update your combos

2) Update your runes read (if you're reading runes)

3) Update your combos

4) Practice in the less challenging areas of the new difficulty level. (vs undead is ideal..as they are slow {for that difficulty level!})

5) gather set items for this difficulty level...

...THEN goto a more challenging area in the new difficulty level...

...THEN goto VoT.

*exhales sharply*

Words to live by!

Come to think of it, some of my equipment was bronze....and by some of it I mean most of it.....LOI.

Awh sil. So sorry bout that. I don't think I've ever tried that before. I'm a total wimp! :4rofl:

It's part of my new play style. Cuts down on the boredom factor. I throw them into harms way way early now. I figure that if they can't take the punishment I'd rather find out at the lower levels--before I've invested many hours.

I will admit that it was a big mistake to attempt gold VOT at level 61.

The next one will go a bit slower than that.