Jump to content

Disarming Question


Recommended Posts

Another piece of information not mentioned anywhere in the usual sources (like the wiki). This sounds like a particularly bad side effect of the skill. Will probably mean I'll never pick it.

Link to comment
28 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Will probably mean I'll never pick it.

I recommend trying it at least once. There are lots of weapons which you can't get dropped normally. The game will yield some surprises for you.

  • Thanks! 1
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Lindor said:

I recommend trying it at least once. There are lots of weapons which you can't get dropped normally. The game will yield some surprises for you.

I remember reading up on the skill when I was first starting, but it seemed most of the Disarming exclusives were just some white items. Or are there any notable uniques or usable items that drop only through Disarming?

And either way, the Battle Mage seems better for disarming than the skill itself.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Or are there any notable uniques or usable items that drop only through Disarming?

Yes. But I don't want to spoil anything. I remember gogo and myself discussing a couple of those items in another thread, if you want to spoil yourself, you can search for it.

5 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

And either way, the Battle Mage seems better for disarming than the skill itself.

Absolutely! I think at very high level, the probability that the disarming skill works becomes very small, at least it feels like that.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Lindor said:

Yes. But I don't want to spoil anything. I remember gogo and myself discussing a couple of those items in another thread, if you want to spoil yourself, you can search for it.

I assume most of the relevant Disarming stuff drops from various bosses and "one of a kind" enemies you can encounter in the game. I remember reading only about one specific Unique item. The Tree Rage. From what people were saying in the thread, it sounded like it would require disarming a certain boss, but I actually got 2 Tree Rages already on my Gladiator. One dropped from a Dragon and one dropped from a random enemy I think. So that one is probably not Disarming exclusive.

4 hours ago, Lindor said:

Absolutely! I think at very high level, the probability that the disarming skill works becomes very small, at least it feels like that.

Yeah, I momentarily tried Disarming in the early stages of my Gladiator but once I noticed that the chance goes down every level, I loaded a save a couple levels back and got Agility instead of it.

Edited by idbeholdME
Link to comment
10 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

I assume most of the relevant Disarming stuff drops from various bosses and "one of a kind" enemies you can encounter in the game. I remember reading only about one specific Unique item. The Tree Rage. From what people were saying in the thread, it sounded like it would require disarming a certain boss, but I actually got 2 Tree Rages already on my Gladiator. One dropped from a Dragon and one dropped from a random enemy I think. So that one is probably not Disarming exclusive.

I've been trying to think about how I can say it without giving too much away. I guess like this:

It depends on your definition of "relevant". If your definition is set/unique item, then tree rage is one of three of such items I'm currently aware of that you can get through disarming/whirlwind. Since you already know about tree rage: you can get it by disarming either Karisall (the Medusa in the depths of Zhurag Nar) or H'Runga'ZZ (the god you have to fight in one of the two Underworld expansion areas in Ancaria Campaign). IIRC, the weapon you get through disarming has slightly different stats than the one dropped normally, but don't pin me down to that, it could just have been the item level.

If however it's more about being surprising or cool, then it yields much more richness.

 

Btw Tree rage is my second favourite axe, right behind thain's:D Looks so cool the backwards stance:D

  • Appreciation 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up