Sacred crashes right on start (Solved!)

Greetz. After making my win11 updates, Sacred crashes all of a sudden directly after getting fired up, usually in less than a second.
Checked the internet a bit, the problem does not seem to be new, but the affected gamers did not find a solution yet.

Any ideas, guys?

I tried the possible solutions found in the gog and steam forums, but no. Fresh installation does not help either. I am grateful for any help.

I got the gog version. It never caused trouble for years. So I believe it has something to do with the updates, while Sacred itself is most likely innocent. I am not playig much anymore, but having a functional Sacred is important to check the stuff I work on ingame. Since there are many obstacles and pit fall traps, a running game is crucial for QA reasons.

EDIT:

Found it!
For some reason my graphic card was deactivated after the win11 update, and Sacred refused to start as a result. Just put the driver back online to solve the issue.

Edited by Dax
  • Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred crashes right on start (Solved!)
On 7/29/2023 at 2:26 AM, Dax said:

I got the gog version. It never caused trouble for years. So I believe it has something to do with the updates, while Sacred itself is most likely innocent. I am not playig much anymore, but having a functional Sacred is important to check the stuff I work on ingame. Since there are many obstacles and pit fall traps, a running game is crucial for QA reasons.

EDIT:

Found it!
For some reason my graphic card was deactivated after the win11 update, and Sacred refused to start as a result. Just put the driver back online to solve the issue.

Very happy you got to solution Dax...you LOVE Sacred 

:woot:

gogo