Baldur's Gate 3

zomg !

is it overrated/overhyped by it's fans, or really THAT good ?

best PC game of 2023 if not of all times if you go by accumulated  ratings on metacritics, eg... ) 97/100 (critics)  9.2/10 (users) ..

814,666 all time player peak on steam ...

do you have to be a D&D pro, a lover of  turn based combat systems ,classic rpg genre, or fan of the BG franchise in particular in order to understand & enjoy it?

what do you think? is this new ARPG 'monster' also for people who never  played any of these kind of games, or at least have very little experience / playtime in these ?

I'm okay with turn based combat personally, for example I enjoyed the original Fallout 1+2, and I played half thru Desperados 3 (wait! was that even turn based? I dont remember) really enjoyed it.

(then I got distracted by some other games, never went back to finish it, although I sometimes thought about doing so)

Also played Commandos 1+2 a bit eons ago, always only the first few missions before it got too hard/complex for me... (that one at least wasnt turn based Im pretty sure, tho you could pause it, I think)

But, I never played BG1,2 or the Divinity Series ^^ - although I own most games of these, by now...

Heck, I think I'll buy it anyway now, right away on steam.

Now I'm curious enough to check it out and see for myself,  what the fuss is all about :)

PS: (Sorry, Blizzard, you still won't see me buying&playing D4 anytime soon.. regardless of what my experience with BG3 is gonna be)

PPS: done! kept my promise before I change my mind, bought it & installing BG3 right now :)  (man, that's a hughe DL.. more than 100 GB)

PPPS: meanwhile, I already decided what character I want to roll  on my first attempt :  one of these small Gnomes, and going all in on this nature / ranger / animal stuff...

PPPPS: also, I will try to resists and not use any re-loads on entire play thru, no matter what.. trying to resist that save scum urge, as long as possible :)

Edited by Rotluchs
  • Like! 1

Baldur's Gate?  Wow, that's a blast from the past.  I played BG2 on Xbox probably 15 years ago.  It had a teaser after the credits (ala Marvel Studios) showing an Egyptian-themed cut-scene.  I looked for the sequel for a long time before giving up.

Turn-based?  Is BG3 turn-based?  BG2 was an A-RPG, like Sacred 2, D3 and D4.

• Like! 1

Baldur's Gate...just the words set an echo of epicness and nostalgia :D ... I saw some news clippings of its new "awesomenes"...is there something really different about this iteration?

:)

gogo