New Sacred Documentary 2024 - Insights into the creation and current status of Sacred

@WanderlustMedia Thank you for the interesting and enlightening video! There is a link directly below for the members here who wish to watch it right here, rater than navigating the link to YouTube. If I met any of the former employees of Ascaron I would love to share a good drink or to and a plate or two of nachos and talk for as long as they would! Cheers! :yay:

:lujate:

I am honored that my gameplay video on YouTube made a cameo in the video! The full video of my White Griffin boss battle is included below.

image.png

High Elf vs. The White Griffin Boss Battle (below)

• Appreciation 1

Very Cool! It got a little sad at the end when they were talking about the Insolvence and Sacred 3, but the journey is not over, it continues in this community! You made my day a bit brighter today :)

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just found the video yesterday. I was amazed by the amount of creativity and thoughts that went into the creation of sacred... and by the amount of freedom the individual programmers and creators were given by the management. What a great and mature way to produce a game... inspiring personalities... and funny to see the streets of my hometown in the video.

I would gladly join/back any kind of kickstarter or other crowdfunding project for a revival of Sacred - if (and that is a big if) the same people were involved again. With real decision-making competence, that is...

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 5:16 PM, Khorath said:

I see three projects right now, but it does not look good.

Thoriums Life Leech project is possibly maybe the most promising candidate, but it fell silent after 2022. Not so sure if it can be recandled. I hope so personally, since Thorium is a big fan of Sacred and knows its mechanics very well. He is also well known to the devs and his LAN-trick made it into the Reborn Mod. Yup. He's a somebody.

Ankledots Sacred remake can be found on Youtube. It looks very nice and Ankledot seems to be an ambitious and competent man, but he has no team. So it is unfortunately doomed I'd say. Even with a team of 20 people, it is still a sh!tload of work.

Last but not least, there is a guy (Dracir) in the DE forum I talked to one, two times. He is using the Skyrim editor to rebuild the world of Sacred 1 in his own way. As above, I like his fire heart, but there is no light at the end of the tunnel imo. However. He is determined to get it done, primary for himself so far, so I gave him a thumbs up, but also a friendly, but brief warning, that the chance for quitting the whole thing is very high.

PS:
I think I have found the right song for your avatar-pic. Blast it loud!

Edited by Dax
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for making me aware of this :)
it was nice to hear and see the story behind this game presented in such an entrertaining way.

A truly great team. It may have taken them more than seven days,
but they too have managed to create a world that is Sacred to us all. 

As for Khorath's idea to raise money on Kickstarter for a "revival" of Sacred...
Why do I now have this picture in my head of a tombstone saying; "I'm demanding a "raise"!" :)

• Appreciation 1

Wonderful documentary. Thank you for bringing it to life. It just goes to show the passion and effort that went into making Sacred the only series that truly scratches that tongue-in-cheek, fun fantasy itch. 

It's a crying shame that we're unlikely to get a true sequel to Sacred 1/2, but, hey, maybe a spiritual successor will show up on Kickstarter one day! ☺ 

• Appreciation 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 9:05 PM, Dax said:

I see three projects right now, but it does not look good.

Thoriums Life Leech project is possibly maybe the most promising candidate, but it fell silent after 2022. Not so sure if it can be recandled. I hope so personally, since Thorium is a big fan of Sacred and knows its mechanics very well. He is also well known to the devs and his LAN-trick made it into the Reborn Mod. Yup. He's a somebody.

Ankledots Sacred remake can be found on Youtube. It looks very nice and Ankledot seems to be an ambitious and competent man, but he has no team. So it is unfortunately doomed I'd say. Even with a team of 20 people, it is still a sh!tload of work.

Last but not least, there is a guy (Dracir) in the DE forum I talked to one, two times. He is using the Skyrim editor to rebuild the world of Sacred 1 in his own way. As above, I like his fire heart, but there is no light at the end of the tunnel imo. However. He is determined to get it done, primary for himself so far, so I gave him a thumbs up, but also a friendly, but brief warning, that the chance for quitting the whole thing is very high.

PS:
I think I have found the right song for your avatar-pic. Blast it loud!

I didn't know this one. Great song. Thanks! :-)