Sacred 2 Mount Movement Speed

To get right to the topic:

I noticed a while back that modifiers to runspeed do not affect mounts. This seems to include runspeed-modifiers from spells (I.e. Dashing Alacrity).

I verified this observation in Thylysium, where it was quite easy to repeatedly run a set distance in a straight line and take the time needed for the run. I made several runs with or without DA/+% runspeed and took the times. The result: My tiger-riding Sera was as fast as she was with approximately +33% runspeed equipped. A Sera with a high-level DA runs faster as a riding one, which feels a bit off for me.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make +% runspeed-modifers affect mounts or special mounts? Or as a workaround: How can I make mounts faster?

I am very grateful for all hints.

Khorath

• Like! 1

I delved a little bit deeper into the matter, but as of now to no avail. I found speed entries for the mounts & special mounts in the creatureinfo.txt, but changing the values does not result in faster mounts ingame. According to the wiki, changing these values should work for player characters (I haven't tested this yet). Any ideas why?

Khorath

The only way to increase mount speed is through Riding Mastery. It is intended that the standard movement speed bonuses don't work on them. Not sure if it's possible to mod the mount speeds in any way though. Yes, you can see the values for the speeds in creatureinfo, but changing them alone does nothing, as you found out.

As for mount speeds, this wiki page lists them all at the bottom of the page, compared to regular character movement speeds:

https://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Mounts

Seraphim on a Tiger is equivalent to a Seraphim with 40% bonus movement speed on foot. One of the slower class mounts, but still miles better than the Inquisitor.

Spoiler

Character speed

The Seraphim and Shadow Warrior are the slowest of all (and move at the same speed). Others move roughly 4% faster.

Horse speed

All characters move at the same speed while on a horse. Below is a comparison with their run and special mount speed.

Inquisitor - 48% faster than on foot; about 15% faster than on Spider

Seraphim - 53% faster than on foot; about 10% faster than on Tiger

High Elf, Dryad - 48% faster than on foot; same as with their Serpent and Lizard

Shadow Warrior - 53% faster than on foot; about 5% slower than on Hellhound

Temple Guardian - 48% faster than on foot; about 5% slower than on Mobiculum

Special Mount speed

"60% faster" is approximately equivalent to equipping 60% Run Speed.

Shadow Warrior - 60% faster than on foot (fastest unique mount rider along with Temple Guardian)

Temple Guardian - 55% faster than on foot (on Mobiculum the speed is the same as SW's on Hellhound)

High Elf, Dryad - 48% faster than on foot (slower than SW and TG by about 5%)

Seraphim - 40% faster than on foot (slower than SW by roughly 15%)

Inquisitor - 30% faster than on foot (slower than SW by 20%)

• Thanks! 1

type:
BONUS_SPEED
BONUS_SPEED_LIMIT

spez:
SPEED_ANY
SPEED_ATTACK
SPEED_ATTACK_MOUNTED
SPEED_CAST
SPEED_CAST_MOUNTED
SPEED_MAX
SPEED_WALK
SPEED_WALK_MOUNTED

SPEED_CAST_MOUNTED and SPEED_WALK_MOUNTED are not present in any game versions blueprint.txt. I got them by looking at the dll files. You can create a bonus with the SPEED_WALK_MOUNTED spez and attach it to your mount in creatures.txt to increase your mount movement speed. Or you can give yourself the bonus through other means, like e.g. armor or a skill.

I once knew the difference between BONUS_SPEED and BONUS_SPEED_LIMIT, ut I have forgotten. The latter one is e.g. what in_in_eifer uses (inquisitor's frenetic fervor).

7 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

The only way to increase mount speed is through Riding Mastery. It is intended that the standard movement speed bonuses don't work on them. Not sure if it's possible to mod the mount speeds in any way though. Yes, you can see the values for the speeds in creatureinfo, but changing them alone does nothing, as you found out.

As for mount speeds, this wiki page lists them all at the bottom of the page, compared to regular character movement speeds:

https://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Mounts

Seraphim on a Tiger is equivalent to a Seraphim with 40% bonus movement speed on foot. One of the slower class mounts, but still miles better than the Inquisitor.

Reveal hidden contents

56 minutes ago, Lindor said:

type:
BONUS_SPEED
BONUS_SPEED_LIMIT

spez:
SPEED_ANY
SPEED_ATTACK
SPEED_ATTACK_MOUNTED
SPEED_CAST
SPEED_CAST_MOUNTED
SPEED_MAX
SPEED_WALK
SPEED_WALK_MOUNTED

SPEED_CAST_MOUNTED and SPEED_WALK_MOUNTED are not present in any game versions blueprint.txt. I got them by looking at the dll files. You can create a bonus with the SPEED_WALK_MOUNTED spez and attach it to your mount in creatures.txt to increase your mount movement speed. Or you can give yourself the bonus through other means, like e.g. armor or a skill.

I once knew the difference between BONUS_SPEED and BONUS_SPEED_LIMIT, ut I have forgotten. The latter one is e.g. what in_in_eifer uses (inquisitor's frenetic fervor).

wooooow....this info is SO irresistibly interesting! Movement has a power of satisfying immediacy on our toons. I'm wondering if this info can be spread sheeted? would it look more uber awesome?

• The title was changed to Sacred 2 Mount Movement Speed

Now THIS is some indepth knowledge! I will experiment with this. Maybe I can get it to work. Let's find out, what mounts can really do... ;-)

Thanks a lot, Lindor!

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Lindor said:

LIMIT must be the increase of the attack speed cap then, if it's used by Frenetic Fervor.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1