Swimming with dolphins

Well it's been a year since I gushed about my new job in here ( 14 Months actually - but who is counting thud.gif ) - and I have leave next week!

I was going to go to my sort of home town - Broome- but have decided to do something I have always wanted to do - Swim with wild dolphins - and I get to do this literally from the coast directly in front of my house! I have been fortunate enough to encounter dolphins in the wild many times - the fins have caused mild cardiac arrests at times while surfing - and a pod once swam near me for what seemed like hours but was more like 15 min in a river down south once. This local guy has built up a relationship with the local pods and I am hoping for that 'close encounter" I have always hoped for. So anyone ever done it 123gifs0136fr.gif if so any tips?

I'll post pics of the trip in here afterwards - I hope I score - it is not guaranteed but I am told you would be unfortunate to miss out. Regardless, I think I will go every day till I get lucky! This is the mob I am going with >>> Dolphin link thingy - and a good mate of mine knows the operator well - so fingers crossed iconcool5lw.gif

Edited by Anestty

well we(my family) went on some kind of world tour in 1999-2000 (not a whole year :P ) and we were doing some tropical diving twice, on Cook islands we encountred 2 dolphins (and a super cool sea turtle) but it wasnt planned and they didnt stay with us for long, and in the Seychelles where we was supposed to dive in a dolphin area thingy where it used to be many dolphins in that time of the season and it was... but I thought I saw a big shark and paniced :S of course it wasnt. it was a sailfish, a pretty big one also :) well anyway I didnt dare to go back into the water :) hey I was only 9 or was it 8? :hugs:

well I guess that isnt like a close encounter as u mean, I never tuched a dolphin out in the wild :o

I've never done this Anestty, but I am looking forward to seeing pics from this adventure. Do you have to be a pretty strong swimmer to do this... is it out in the ocean with a boat nearby?

And has it already been a year or more since you got this job? :dance: It flew by!

Good luck with the adventure, and may all those dorsals be dolphins

:)

gogo

Cool Anestty! I'd love to do that. Sorry no tips here I'm afraid. Bring flowers? lol. I've got my fingers crossed for yah Anestty. Really hoping that you finally meet that special Dolphin and live happily ever after, haha. That is going to be very exciting! :)