Fizben - Banned from Clan-Da

Not often I have to post such things but to let all of our DARK friends know that we have banned Fizben from the DA site.

The reason for this action was abusive comments in game towards members of Clan-DA and the use of (DA) tags to impersonate a full clan member.

All DA members have been advised to ignore this player and be on guard for more abusive, derogatory in game comments to which the right thing to do is take screenshots and pass the information on to the DA staff.

If you see this player in game (the account name is also Fizben) please note that they are not a member of DA. All members of DA have links in their SIF signatures to our members list which can also be found here:

http://clan-da.com/showgroups.php

Jonnyx

Clan_DA Admin

Noted and received your fair warning. :)

Rather than thinking how this is such a horrible thing, I believe it is a testament of how far DA has come. You are in a position that is well known and worth impersonating, and that is quite an accomplishment.

I was going to say that I will make a duplicate for our internal area, but this is in such a position that I'm baffled as to what where how I should go about it. :sweating:

On the one hand its fine in the general discussion area, on the other it would not do for it to simply be swamped by newer threads in the future...

Jonny, thanks for this info. And I know we can keep our eyes open for this person. Appropriating the name of any clan is completely wrong. I really hope the online clan system in Sacred 2 has "verified" clan names with only clan captains being able to add peeps to the clan...this will really help in the future, and perhaps this is something that we can ask Ascaron to do for the the upcoming release. I hope this guy you mentioned comes to his senses soon... unfortunately it seems like there's always peeps like this in the servers.

:sweating:

gogo

As far as I know, there are NO game captains that have been nominated for Sacred. Lady Penelope was put as Mistress of the Games, but I don't think it's the same thing. Of course, I could always be wrong. :D

I think dave he was getting at a system more like guildwars where only the guild captains can add people to the guild (or clan) and that action adds the guild tag to the toon name. So its impossible to correctly imitate being a member of a guild you arent. So the guild(clan) records are kept in game.

Hopefully that's the last of the shenanigan. Can be quite upsetting to see someone seemingly attempting to tarnish a name. I can imagine this being quite troubling for DA.

Thank you for the heads up and thanx for the update Evil. Hopefully he'll stay that way. :(

Np Schot hopefull he wont try to use a FDM tag. I am sorry he felt he had to tarnish your clans tag Jonny. DA is a all around good group to hang with.