Wasted years....

I finished my Sacred-based series of short stories on the SIF. 15 chapters mostly dealing with the forbidden romance between a human and a Seraphim--there was some action in there too. Then an additional 10 chapters dealing with the surviving bad guy from the original and his attempts to get revenge on the hero through his son.

I've received some constructive criticism and am slowly rewriting the series. So, face aglow from some of the compliments I have gotten from readers, I opened my novel once again......

What a load of poorly written junk. To think of all the hours I wasted.

But I won't throw it away--I have to get the story out of my head--must rewrite....yet again.

I even have the blurb written: As prophesy draws near, a man is torn between his sense of duty and his need to avenge the murder of his mother. But not all is as it seems and he learns that his life is a carefully constructed lie, everyone he loves has deceived him and his enemies are his greatest allies.

It sounds exciting to me......to bad I couldn't just submit that.......

Ah Silearth. You bring up strong urges to put thought to paper. For many years I've had a story haunting me. Refusing to let me go and often demands to be materialized. I understand the feeling and wish I knew where to begin, ugh. Worst of it all is that I haven't started posting it down because I'm afraid some random guest might come along and steal the idea. Ridiculous I know... Maybe I could start writing it in the secured section though. Seeing your writings is painfully inspiring!

Indeed you have done some fantastic writing. I agree though you really should hold onto your novel. No doubt it will flourish in time... And effort, heh.

Love the blurb. Most exciting. :blush:

I love your writting Sil, I'd be more than happy to have a PDF of it :blush: so I could print it out and read it without being glued to the pc, I still love things written on paper. As Schot says you really are inspiring a lot of other people to read and write. Don't be too hard on yourself though, I think it must be hard not to keep wanting to rework your writting! but believe me you are an inspiration to us all!

I don't think any writing's wasted... please don't think that. You do it because you have to. I read somewhere that Stephen King said that this is the mark of a true writer. I read about an appearance he made in a university regarding writing and a new writer asked:

"How can we make ourselves want to write more?

Stephen King's answer:

"Real writers just write...it's what they do, it's what they are."

I think you're going to be finding that a lot of writers get blocked, or are simply in the wrong business. You seem to enjoy it. Keep it up, it's something you're drawing from and is sincere. Everyone who reads it can see that, and it only makes your writing get better and better with you looking back and seeing the things you would have done differently.

:blush:

gogo

I love your writting Sil, I'd be more than happy to have a PDF of it :P so I could print it out and read it without being glued to the pc, I still love things written on paper. As Schot says you really are inspiring a lot of other people to read and write. Don't be too hard on yourself though, I think it must be hard not to keep wanting to rework your writting! but believe me you are an inspiration to us all!

Thank you.

I took the entire "For Fame and Fortune" and "Sorrow Chronicles" and and re-writing them as a single document--a small book. I am using Open Office and I can create PDF's. I would be more than happy to give you a copy when it is done.

If you are interested, I can send you a small chapter from my novel. Read it and tell me what you think.

@ Gogo. Sometimes I get a bit discouraged and will even stop writing for a while. My longest "break" lasted for several years. But I never stopped thinking about it.

Edited by Silearth