Jump to content

What's the weather like over there?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Westwind and sunny. There was something red in the top of one of my pear trees two days ago. Using a pole I removed it and it was a deflated balloon from a balloon release/race. Sender was a 8 year ol

A bola would probably end with me strangled. Never used one. Our cow dog can now catch a frisbee in 8 feet height. Perhaps a bit more training and a sausage for each multicopter ? Or he could track

We had 2 storm days with ice and hail this week. But today at easter sunday morning: swallows are back, first butterflies fly around and most important: The holy easter ants left their underground wi

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Excelsior said:

 

Ah geez Chattius, that sounds awful.

Where I am, it's been really beautiful out for the last few days!  I'm not one to spend long periods of time outside, but I've been doing this more often because I want to enjoy this while it lasts.  We don't get great weather like this often, so I'm trying to savour it while I still can :ohmy:

Ah, indeed, the weather here as worsened.  The skies are grey and it's been raining all day.  It'll probably stay that way for awhile now :cry:

Link to post
6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

We've had really awesome weather here too in the past few days in Montreal. Course, all good things do change... we're expecting that icy cold blast soon... 

Enjoying the trees though

IMG_0264.jpg

 

 

:)

 

gogo

The trees definitely do look nice!  Glad you've been having some good weather too :) 

Link to post

 

 

Lots of 

1 hour ago, Excelsior said:

The trees definitely do look nice!  Glad you've been having some good weather too :) 

Lots of construction going on as well... check out this SICK construction/destruction machine!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post

This hurrican weather off the East Coast is making for some wild lighting and huge winds... did something different today and got home walking over the mountain here in MTL rather than walking around it...but glad I did, the sky and sun were amazing...but ... as they say in GOT...Winter..is coming

:devil:

gogo

sun3.jpg

Link to post

The Winter left us in a big hurry, and all of a sudden it is HOT!, I went from 3 pairs of sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, 2 hoodies and a thick insulator jacket, to shorts, t-shirt and sandals in about a week.

Link to post
On 10/18/2018 at 4:52 AM, Delta! said:

The Winter left us in a big hurry, and all of a sudden it is HOT!, I went from 3 pairs of sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, 2 hoodies and a thick insulator jacket, to shorts, t-shirt and sandals in about a week.

aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...I dream about wearing sandals...that word is so beautiful and such a mnemonic for breezy days and beach walks...

Yah yesterday when I went out I realized that my layering system wasnt working anymore, :lol:... its time for real awesome cold weather wear!!

And... got a pair of these to run out side and keep me warm... woot! On super sale down almost a hunded bux off... this is always best time of the year to get the best Asics for Jogging

 

:D

 

gogo

 

IMG_0171.jpg

  • Like! 1
Link to post

We are in the high 20's low 30's, and it is supposed to be only spring... we do have a heat wave that apparently is just getting started, although it feels like it has been going for about 3 weeks now... October showed up and BAM! I will be honest, so far, I am loving it. I had enough of the cold, and being lonely and cold, heaters, 5 blankets and electric blanket. now I can wear shorts and t-shirts again WOHOOOOOO!

  • Like! 1
Link to post

A third of the spruce trees is dying because of the heat in the summer. Not enough water, so they had to few resin to fight bark beetles. In a healthy tree the beetles are trapped in resin once they try to pierce through the bark :(

Link to post
14 hours ago, chattius said:

A third of the spruce trees is dying because of the heat in the summer. Not enough water, so they had to few resin to fight bark beetles. In a healthy tree the beetles are trapped in resin once they try to pierce through the bark :(

Devastating, Chattius, I hope the heat wave passes 

:oooo:

 

gogo

Link to post
23 hours ago, Delta! said:

We are in the high 20's low 30's, and it is supposed to be only spring... we do have a heat wave that apparently is just getting started, although it feels like it has been going for about 3 weeks now... October showed up and BAM! I will be honest, so far, I am loving it. I had enough of the cold, and being lonely and cold, heaters, 5 blankets and electric blanket. now I can wear shorts and t-shirts again WOHOOOOOO!

Shorts and T Shirts... lovely! I can never get enuff of that weather... course...today's the first day of snow here in MTL... and the flakes are coming down hard

:lol:

 

gogo

Link to post
25 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Shorts and T Shirts... lovely! I can never get enuff of that weather... course...today's the first day of snow here in MTL... and the flakes are coming down hard

:lol:

 

gogo

Move to South Africa... our summers are long and HOT :gogo::evil:, and in some regions you can even wear short and t-shirt for about 10-11 months a year... during the day, the nights might get a bit colder then.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 6:44 PM, Delta! said:

Move to South Africa... our summers are long and HOT :gogo::evil:, and in some regions you can even wear short and t-shirt for about 10-11 months a year... during the day, the nights might get a bit colder then.

Hot weather is always a draw...lol the reason why my mom wont come settle here in Canada... too much good weather down in the states:lol:

And...  cool shot of a visit this weekend up in my cousin's farm in the country. Can't beat time with family out in the country!!!

IMG_0689.jpg

 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Leaves falling, snowy rain, freezing the night and made the leaves a mix of leaves, water and ice. Sure as hell there were cars sliding from the street. My fire fighter app alarmed first time at 4am. There are times when it is better to switch the electronic assists off. With a blockading wheel the leaves would have turned into a barrier, with electronics the wheel keeps rotating and rolls over smaller heaps of leaf when driving downhill, sometimes not slowing down at all.

My family spends one day a year at a race track. Safety training connected with some racing who does the fastest lap.

 

  • Like! 1
Link to post
12 hours ago, chattius said:

Leaves falling, snowy rain, freezing the night and made the leaves a mix of leaves, water and ice. Sure as hell there were cars sliding from the street. My fire fighter app alarmed first time at 4am. There are times when it is better to switch the electronic assists off. With a blockading wheel the leaves would have turned into a barrier, with electronics the wheel keeps rotating and rolls over smaller heaps of leaf when driving downhill, sometimes not slowing down at all.

My family spends one day a year at a race track. Safety training connected with some racing who does the fastest lap.

 

whew... im glad you got through that chattius... its funny how electronics sometimes just doesnt cut it, no matter how its advertised.  That day at the race track sounds fun.  We have some great outings available here in MTL as the city has a mountain at it's center, Park Mount Royal, and events are seasonal wide.  Best ones are when the snow comes in and Beaver Lake gets iced over for skating... Montreal style Winter!

 

:)

 

gogo

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, chattius said:

I have to flood a flat field for skating. No calm lake around and the temperature is around zero but to uncertain yet.

Hope that flooding goes well and you're able to get some good skating out of this season :)  Wanted to go see my Ammamma today, but some freezing rain is looking to ground me with the minus four out there.  hmmm, maybe ill do a bunch of posts online at DarkMatters today!

muhahahha... no mercy for y'all! 

:devil:

gogo

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...