MG Dwarf in Action

This was discussed in the Most Underrated Toon thread but I thought I would post here so I didn't go too far off-topic on that one. Both vids were in a Platinum level server and Dwarf is level 120.

Couple of vids showing a MG Dwarf in action. By no means am I even close to maximizing damage. MG regen is only 0.9 secs and barely have any crit (+7%). I could easily double the damage I'm doing in vids. Lack of runes and desire to shop right now are the only limitations. Maybe once I get him up to speed I can get a couple vids of me one-shotting dragons.

I got D'Cay in I think 5 shots though if I had some crit it could have been 2-3. Also in the Sakkara vid you'll see I'm getting beat up a little. Again it's because I didn't do any shopping and several pieces of gear are 30+ lvls below Dwarf level.

One side note: In the MG combat art description, it says it's not for in-close fighting. Just look at the Sakkara vid and you'll see it's definitely not true. It will hit any enemy next to you, unless you're standing right on top of it.

Edited by Knuckles

That's some pretty powerful mob management you got goin. :drunkards: MG certainly does take them out quite nicely. I wonder though. On a single target like D'Cay might CB do a better job? Does the damage scale up higher when comparing the two at the same level?

Not sure how CB scales but at level one they're virtually the same damage..I'm assuming that the difference would be more pronounced at higher lvls with CB having the higher damage.

The drawbacks with CB, while it may do a little more damage, it's essentially a 'one shot - one target' CA. MG with slightly less damage can kill the whole mob at once while CB needs several shots. The only enemy out there that I won't reliably one-shot is the Dragons. But make a 4xMG Combo and problem solved :drunkards:

Also CB is only phys damage. Normally this wouldn't be a prob considering the damage it does but if the dragon has a high resist to it, it may mean a few more shots. MG is Fire/Phys so the range of enemy types is theoretically bigger.

Last drawback would be the damage cap on Dwarf Techs. Each type of damage (Phys, Fire, Poison, Magic) is limited to 93k for CB, MG and FT

Flame Thrower= Fire only thus 93k x 6 (6 sec duration at level 100) = 558k damage total per each enemy

Cannon Blast = Phys only thus 93k total damage

Landmine/Mortar Grenade both Phys and Fire so 186k Max damage (though Landmine's damage is much lower than MG at same level)

So CB would cap out much earlier than MG, which is another reason I prefer MG

Aaaah. Very good point. I had known of the cap but I never knew that it was on a per element basis. That certainly brings MG as a winner hands down. :drunkards:

Cannon blast combined with a high level of dwarven steel should do the trick.

My second serious attempt at a dwarf was all about cannon blast and he did manage to take D'cay out in a single blast a couple times(with crit of course). The one problem I have with CB, and the reason I switched to FT on my current dwarf, is that it misses--a lot.

@ Sil...once you hit the dmg cap Dwarven Steel won't help. Found that out the hard way with my 1st MG Dwarf. While it is nice in the lower servers, if you're planning on going to Niob then I feel it's a waste of runes.

@Stick...While it's true CB can 'double hit', AFAIK no one has conclusively found out what triggers it. Since it isn't a reliable source of damage I don't include it in damage cap numbers. But you're right it would make the damage 186K. Maybe it's Ascaron's attempt at making it a more viable CA. Now if we could find out how to have it double hit on every strike....

Also Crit will increase damage past the dmg cap. I've been told WIDD will also but haven't tested it or talked directly with anyone who has

Here's a thread I made a while ago on the SIF about MG and DS....guess I wasn't too happy about it back then :D

Edited by Knuckles

I liked the vid! Very nice, grats!

My only question.

Is he a runefarmer? I saw you had only 1 CA. If no, you could use stuff like dwarven steel, and war cry. (I saw your health went down quick. :D

)

Very good job here Knuckles. Needless to say, you have re-affirmed my faith in dwarves as being damage dealers in the game. And very nice elemental damage...mix of phys/fire. Very good against some of the toughest monsters in the game, with the phys part of it giving great range to vulnerabilities all over the game.

How about your def while firing the thing. It's a slow CA...aren't you worried, that you'll be mobbed very quickly while firing?

:D

gogo

It's mostly because I haven't upgraded his gear in quite awhile so he's not really set up to be rounding up enemies. Just wanted to do a quick vid to show what MG can do. You should have seen the other vid I took before that one - he got stunned :D

I sort of use him as a rune farmer. In fact I had taken all the runes off him to pump up Soaring for my Daemon. So he's a little weak both defensively and offensively.

I almost never use any type of defensive buff. I probably should but they always seem to wear off at the worst possible time. I fully believe 'Murphy's Law' was created just for me lol. Since I'm not patient enough to wait when I know a buff is about to expire and recast, I've learned to live without them

@ gogo - Usually when he's not great defensively (until I shop for better gear) I won't round them up. I'll just pick them off as soon as they come on screen. Takes a little longer but a much safer way to do it. So even if 1st shot doesn't get them I have plenty of time to fire a 2nd shot before then can reach me and attack

Edited by Knuckles

Just thought I'd post a vid of one of the myriad gfx glitches I get using Mortar Grenade

I think I lost about 15 minutes of my life slowly being hypnotized by this one :badbad:

Edited by Knuckles

*shakes head* Whoa, what happened. Awh dangit! Another one of Knuckles' hypno MG glitches... *checks watch* Awh crap. There goes the day. :D

I've had that one a couple of times, haha. There's a couple other MG types and one of which really gets me. I'm not sure why but this one type of MG glitch totally makes me flinch, lol. An extremely bright burst of sorts. I swear one of these days I'm gonna be on the floor drooling because of an MG induced seizure, rofl.