I have come! (always wished to say this line...)

Greetings everybody.

I'm an Italian university student.

It's been a while since I last played Sacred, and now I want to start over again. While looking for news on Wolfe's Lair I stumbled upon a link directing to this Dark Chest of Wonders. And I have learned of SacredWiki, a wonderful project.

So... without forther ado: my, albeit little, experience with Sacred is at your complete disposal; I also brought many many many questions with me...

Now for the proposal: I'd be very glad to be given the possibility to translate SacredWiki in Italian.

Zen

Welcome to FDM Zenon! Hope you have a great time here on the forum reading and posting! :4rofl:

Thats a generous offer you made concerning Sacred Wiki! :P

See you in the bar!

Hey hey there Zenon. Pleasure to meet you! :4rofl: As Katran says that is quite a generous offer indeed. Not to mention a huuuuge job, lol. Although we're not entirely sure we can provide alternative languages on the wiki right now it is certainly something that has been up for debate. With respect to the other SacredWiki's out on the net we don't plan to cover the languages already being worked on but having someone like yourself translate Italian info into English could be wonderful!

Welcome to DarkMatters, Zenon!

Did your army of dark elven bring goodies like beer? :)

The offer of being able to contribute to the SacredWiki is incredible. I know that for awhile, we were pondering if we could/should/would undertake trying to run the wiki in other languages...but the translator programs out there just don't seem to do that hot a job :butcher: However...I could see if you were interested in working with us broaden the wiki's appeal, we could definitely look at options. What I could perhaps see happening here, is if you were interested, you could pick articles in the wiki that you like and then translate the writing into Italian while using the original pages code as a template with the graphs and pics. This translation would then be available from selected articles in SacredWiki that you were interested in doing the translations for. I could see this then as being something that wouldn't be so stressful for you to work on, as there are already thousands of pages in the wiki, and the task, I would think, would be huuuuuuge.

Really glad you found us, ahhh, and yes... you have questions ^^ We love questions, parties, and poutine...

Enjoy the boards!

:P

gogo

p.s. If you check your permissions, you should have wiki access/edit rights. The wiki uses the exact same password and login name as used here on this forum. Cheers!

Thanks tomi and gogoblender! :)

Oh, not only beer, but also slaves! :) (yeah, in our dreams...)

As for the Wiki, I think that I'll start by following Schot's suggestion: to implement it, filling the gaps and maybe translating in English Italian articles, if I find them useful to the project.

Meanwhile, I could start translating English articles in Italian, keeping them ready. So when and if you deem useful to have articles avaiable in both languages, half the work will be already done.

I take from what you said, gogoblender, that the result would be exactly like wikipedia, where a page is avaiable in different languages, selectable on the left panel. Am I right?

Zen

• 5 months later...

Weeeee, back from the dead! Hello there again!

Sorry for my sudden disappearing, but I've been very busy from late summer to a few days ago. Many things happened, none of which bad fortunately. I've had to go through the yearly routine of working during summer as sailing instructor for the young, prepare some exams, attend to classes, etc etc. The change was that then I started to work, then Xmas break, broke up with my seraphim-turned-daemoness-girlfriend, then began to work full time (even less time for university), then I moved from home... Now that I've almost moved everything from parent's home to my new lair, now that I got finally settled at work and am not working even when I should sleep (they were behind schedule when I joined), now that I'm single once again, now that I've some free time on hand... I decided to renew my bonds to... to... what do you call it when you are not dead or dying? Life? Oh, yeah, life. With all its pros and cons, including things such as cleaning home (definitely a con) and gaming (definitely a pro)...

Zen

heh, looks like you're keeping as busy as ever! Sailing...did you say sailing? I was sailing for a few years at the club down in Point Claire near where my family used to live. Sailing rocks! It's only a few months kind of thing here though...but that little bit of time you get on the water is very satisfying. I got my Silver level!

:)

gogo

:) congrats!

Well, Lago Maggiore (literally Major Lake, Verbano on the map), were I live in summer, is enjoyable for the most part of the year; a finnish friend o' mine this august said their lakes ar warmer though, at least in summer. But that maybe because in the upper part of the lake, the Canalone (literally Big Channel) the wind is "channeled" 'tween the mountains, thus increasing its speed (and chill). Perfect for sailors and surfers, the only downside being the water, a "little" cold even in summer. By the way, what class were you using? I "ride" a Laser (standard) 4.7. I posted a few pics on Facebook, if you're interested in our lakes!

Oh, and if you happen to drop by and feel like enjoying a little more time on the water... well let me know, I can arrange something! :)

Zen