Going to be a long night.

I have posted about my adventures in the emergency room before, and my week long stay in the hospital. Since my release I have gotten steadily worse--yet my primary does not seem concerned.

Well last week, to my horror and embarrasment, I had an episode in full view of the entire department. It was called a seizure at first--a very violent one in which I slightly injured someone who was trying to help. The doctor later said it was not a seizure do to the fact that I never lost consciousness. Actually, I came pretty close and I don't remember everything that happened.

Since that date, I continue to suffer with these 'seizures' as well as a laundry list of other problems. At best, the room spins--at worst, my legs are unable to support my weight.

So I was finally granted a consult with neurology. Tomorrow they will hook me to the EEG for about an hour and then I'll talk to a neurologist for another hour. The fun part is that I have to stay up all night--I may sneak online after the wife falls asleep.

One thing my doctor mentioned is that my symptoms sound like Gherig's disease--not good.

I had to do that once too, I had a seizure at high school...

Ended up watching horror movies all night :)

All we can do is hope that it'll turn out OK, that with some medicine you will come out of this situation fine (what a horrible sentence btw, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong grammatically speaking) so we'll just have our fingers crossed for you. :)

Good luck with the mission of staying awake the entire night. ;)

Sil, I hope you keep your spirits. I was just at the hospital with a friend of mine who's daughter had to stay overnight while they watched her. It's not fun, and the hours can drag. I hope you come out of this okay, and the doctors find a solution that will make you feel better. Is there a history of seizures in your family? Or could this be happening because of a great change in your life? I know that you moved, could all these things be adding up? These seizures sound painful, and I hope your family is able to give you the support you need during this time. Great you were able to sneak out to get here. :)

Please keep us informed okay?

Keep safe

;)

gogo

Well I'm back in my office waiting for the wife to pick me up.

There was nothing telling on my EEG, even though I had some movement during the test. On my way out the door, my legs gave out and I fell.

The Neurologist is perplexed and has ordered a MRI.

So the good news is that it was not a sezure.