Sacred 2 Books

Hi everyone!

The Sacred Books of Ancaria section of Sacredwiki is taking off, thanks to everyone who has been putting in title, and pics of the books they're finding in game. We've now closed the old topic/thread

Sacred Books

and have linked it to this new one here. We'd first like to say thank you! to everyone who's helped out with this project, and will soon post it in the SIF so that hopefully we can increase the number of peeps who have found Books and can add it to the list or directly add it to the Sacredwiki. Apparently, there's a huge number of books, so book hunters can have a field day with this one ^^

Required specs regarding adding your title and pic to this list:

Please add the title and heading of the Book (it's usually as a greater heading, this helps us find it's place in the wiki listing) and most importantly..if possible try to take the pic at 1600 x 1200. As you can imagine, the eye strain is hugely painful :) and any help we can get that helps us save our eyes is appreciated.

So if you find those books, please add them to the topic here , we'll constantly update this first post as well as the Wiki. This has actually become one of my favorite projects, I'd have never thought that there could be this much knowledge in books for the game.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Books of Magic:

Book 1 - General Conspectus of Magic

Book 2 - Fire Magic

Book 3 - Ice Magic

Book 4 - Poison Magic

Book 5 - T-Energy

Books of Religion:

Book 1 - Kybele

Book 2 - Testa, God of Science

Book 3 - Forens

Book 4 - Lumen, God of Light

Book 5 - Kuan - God of War

Lore of Weaponry:

Book 1 - Preface

Book 2 - Swords

Book 3 - Two-handed Swords

Book 4 - Dual Wield

Book 5 - Archery

Book 6 - T-Energy

The Lore of Monsters:

Volume 2 - How to Deal with Undead? A Guideline

Volume 3: How to Behave Around Dragons

Volume 4 - Trolls

Interesting Facts about Ancaria:

Dwarves - do they really exist?

The Winning Gambler

How to Beguile Aristocrats: Princesses

How to Beguile Aristocrats: Princes

Orcish for Beginners

The Art of Cooking:

Book 1 - Orcish Cooking

Book 2 - Dryad Cooking

Book 3 - Drinking in Ancaria

Book 4 - Table Manners and Etiquette

Book 5 - Guide for a Successful Feast

Book 6 - Ancient and Foreign Recipes

Book 7 - Hunting

Book 8 - Book of Fishing

Geography of Ancaria:

Book 1 - Tyr Lysia

Book 2 - Artamark

Book 3 - Nor Plat

Book 4 - Dyr Lain

Volume 5 - Bengaresh

Herbs:

Book 1 - General

Book 2 - Ancaria's Herbs

Book 3 - The Poisons of Ancaria: Their Use, Effect, and Attributes

The Lost Diaries of Magus Elohinir:

Book 1

Book 2

Book 3

Wow, ok... This is turning out to be very interesting! Thank you very much Knuckles, AntiTrust and Nazacra! And of course Kudos to dah gogo for getting the ball rolling. :)

Several have been added to the wiki today and I've also gone ahead and updated gogo's list above. Keep in mind that books with an underline in the list above have been completed and are now on the wiki. Whew! Those that are not yet typed are indicated in the list above as well with links to their respective pictures.

many thanx for your screenshots guys! :)

Found this in the gamefiles:

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 0, "BOOK_FOOD_ORCISH" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 1, "BOOK_FOOD_DRYAD" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 2, "BOOK_FOOD_DRINKING" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 3, "BOOK_FOOD_TABLEMANNERS" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 4, "BOOK_FOOD_SUCCESSFULFEAST" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 5, "BOOK_FOOD_ANCIENTRECIEPES" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 6, "BOOK_FOOD_HUNTING" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 7, "BOOK_FOOD_FISHING" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 8, "BOOK_FOOD_TRAPS" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_HERBS, 0, "BOOK_HERBS_INTRODUCTION" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_HERBS, 1, "BOOK_HERBS_HEALING" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_HERBS, 2, "BOOK_HERBS_POISEN" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_LOSTDIARY, 0, "BOOK_LOSTDIARY_ELOHINIR1" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_LOSTDIARY, 1, "BOOK_LOSTDIARY_ELOHINIR2" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_LOSTDIARY, 2, "BOOK_LOSTDIARY_ELOHINIR3" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MAGIC, 0, "BOOK_MAGIC_INTRO" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MAGIC, 1, "BOOK_MAGIC_FIRE" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MAGIC, 2, "BOOK_MAGIC_ICE" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MAGIC, 3, "BOOK_MAGIC_POISEN" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MAGIC, 4, "BOOK_MAGIC_TENERGY" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MAGIC, 5, "BOOK_MAGIC_FORBIDDEN" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ORCISH, 0, "BOOK_ORCISH_INTRODUCTION" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 0, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_GAIA" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 1, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_TESTA" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 2, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_FORENS" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 3, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_LUMEN" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 4, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_KUAN" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 5, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_KALI" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 6, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_FORENS" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_WEAPONS, 0, "BOOK_WEAPONS_INGENERAL" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_WEAPONS, 1, "BOOK_WEAPONS_SWORDS" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_WEAPONS, 2, "BOOK_WEAPONS_TWOHANDED" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_WEAPONS, 3, "BOOK_WEAPONS_DUALWIELD" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_WEAPONS, 4, "BOOK_WEAPONS_ARCHERY" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_WEAPONS, 5, "BOOK_WEAPONS_TENERGY" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ANATOMY, 0, "BOOK_ANATOMY_INGENERAL" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ANATOMY, 1, "BOOK_ANATOMY_ORCS" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MONSTERS, 0, "BOOK_MONSTERS_DRAGONS" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MONSTERS, 1, "BOOK_MONSTERS_TROLLS" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MONSTERS, 2, "BOOK_MONSTERS_UNDEADS" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_GUIDE, 0, "BOOK_GUIDE_DWARF" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_GUIDE, 1, "BOOK_GUIDE_GAMBLING" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_GUIDE, 2, "BOOK_GUIDE_PRINCE" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_GUIDE, 3, "BOOK_GUIDE_PRINCESS" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_GUIDE, 4, "BOOK_GUIDE_ORCISH" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_TRAVEL, 0, "BOOK_TRAVEL_BOOK1" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_TRAVEL, 1, "BOOK_TRAVEL_BOOK2" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_TRAVEL, 2, "BOOK_TRAVEL_BOOK3" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_TRAVEL, 3, "BOOK_TRAVEL_BOOK4" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_TRAVEL, 4, "BOOK_TRAVEL_BOOK5" )

I guess that's the official order:P

So, here's the ones you're missing:

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 0, "BOOK_FOOD_ORCISH" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 2, "BOOK_FOOD_DRINKING" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 8, "BOOK_FOOD_TRAPS" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_HERBS, 2, "BOOK_HERBS_POISEN" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_LOSTDIARY, 0, "BOOK_LOSTDIARY_ELOHINIR1" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_MAGIC, 5, "BOOK_MAGIC_FORBIDDEN" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ORCISH, 0, "BOOK_ORCISH_INTRODUCTION" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 5, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_KALI" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_RELIGIONS, 6, "BOOK_RELIGIONS_FORENS" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_WEAPONS, 2, "BOOK_WEAPONS_TWOHANDED" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ANATOMY, 0, "BOOK_ANATOMY_INGENERAL" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ANATOMY, 1, "BOOK_ANATOMY_ORCS" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_GUIDE, 0, "BOOK_GUIDE_DWARF" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_GUIDE, 1, "BOOK_GUIDE_GAMBLING" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_GUIDE, 4, "BOOK_GUIDE_ORCISH" )

mgr.defineBook( BOOK_TRAVEL, 1, "BOOK_TRAVEL_BOOK2" )
mgr.defineBook( BOOK_TRAVEL, 4, "BOOK_TRAVEL_BOOK5" )

_Zexion

Ah Zex! That's very encouraging to see. Thank you very much. My poor typing fingers have hope, lol. Aaaalmost done and so soon after the game's release. :)

P.s.

Hmmmm, I wonder if we should change the order of our list of books on the sacredwiki to match the list you brought...

I have managed to get all the books, through underhanded means though so unless you really need them posted I will leave it for people to legitimately find them. However the list which was found in the game files is slightly different from the list of books which you can actually acquire in game, so I will post the index.

th_Index.png

Books which don't work in game:

The Art of Cooking Book 9: Trapping, the item for this book can be found but it doesn't add to your books when you right click it. (mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 8, "BOOK_FOOD_TRAPS" ))

The two anatomy books don't spawn in game. (mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ANATOMY, 0, "BOOK_ANATOMY_INGENERAL" ) and mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ANATOMY, 1, "BOOK_ANATOMY_ORCS" ))

There is a book called "BOOK_ORCISH_INTRODUCTION" which doesn't spawn in game either. I thought this one was the Introduction to orcish but in the game files that one is called "BOOK_GUIDE_ORCISH".

Wow, the books collecting is looking great... nice everyone!

And could we hear about this "underhanded" means? If it's something really horrible, we can always keep it to pms after.

gogo

It is just modifying the text files in the scripts/server folder to make everything drop books all the time, which I consider kinda underhanded because I didn't have to do any work to get all the books. I am trying to do the same with set items right now so, however they seem a bit more complex, doing the same thing as I did to get the books to drop doesn't seem to help with set items quite correctly, it is as if the set items have some sort of 'rarity' value somewhere other than where I am looking which doesn't let them drop too often.

I have managed to get all the books, through underhanded means though so unless you really need them posted I will leave it for people to legitimately find them. However the list which was found in the game files is slightly different from the list of books which you can actually acquire in game, so I will post the index.

th_Index.png

Books which don't work in game:

The Art of Cooking Book 9: Trapping, the item for this book can be found but it doesn't add to your books when you right click it. (mgr.defineBook( BOOK_FOOD, 8, "BOOK_FOOD_TRAPS" ))

The two anatomy books don't spawn in game. (mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ANATOMY, 0, "BOOK_ANATOMY_INGENERAL" ) and mgr.defineBook( BOOK_ANATOMY, 1, "BOOK_ANATOMY_ORCS" ))

There is a book called "BOOK_ORCISH_INTRODUCTION" which doesn't spawn in game either. I thought this one was the Introduction to orcish but in the game files that one is called "BOOK_GUIDE_ORCISH".

wow

lol, I didn't think editing the files in game would allow the books to drop so readily. Actually, if we're able to get all the books right now, this would allow us to move onto another part of the wiki. Quests is going to be a major undertaking, and if we can get the books out of the way, we can hopefully have the community help out in filling out the templates for the quests...I think there's at least 600, so the earlier a start we can get on them the better!

Azacar, if you can post the pics (1600 x 1200 ) of the the books' content, we can start typing them all up (sigh, my poor fingers :woot:). Thanks for all the help on this...everyone! Everytime I click on "recent changes" on the Wiki, I keep seeing new names working on the database.

wikichanges.jpg

Thank you!

:yay:

gogo

Magic Book 6: Forbidden Magic:

Page 1

Page 2

Interesting Facts: The Winning Gambler

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Geography Book 2: Artamark

Page 1

Page 2

Herbs Book 3: Poisons

Page 1

Page 2

Cooking book 1: Orcish Cooking

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Interesting Facts: Orcish

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Religion Book 6: Ker - Goddess of Evil

Page 1

Page 2

Cooking Book 3: Drinking in Ancaria

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Interesting Facts: Dwarves

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Diaries of Elonihir: Book 1

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Ok, I'm working on "The Lore of Monsters: Volume 4 - Trolls". I am just about done with it. This is my first time adding anything to a Wiki, so feel free to criticize or correct me if I have done something wrong.

Edit: Roger that gogo. Link to page: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...lume_4_-_Trolls

Edited by Puritania
Ok, I'm working on "The Lore of Monsters: Volume 4 - Trolls". I am just about done with it. This is my first time adding anything to a Wiki, so feel free to criticize or correct me if I have done something wrong.

Fantastic Puritania!

Just post the link to your page after you've pressed save..there's lots of us here who can help with editing after.

Thank you!

gogo

I saw your work, and added the troll pics from the book.

Here's your page on the wiki:

puritroll.jpg

Bravo!

gogo

p.s. to have pics put into the wiki, all you have to do is have your pic hosted at Photobucket, then use the "direct link' The wiki will then display your hosted image :)

Didn't spend too long on it, but here's raw results from using an OCR (optical character reader) software program on my work computer. (it's the poison magic book) like I said, it's raw and will need a quick once over before being posted to the wiki.

http://home.ionet.net/~myotheremail/sitebu...poisonmagic.zip

I saved it as rich text but suspect it might be easier to clean up as just plain text.

I'd be happy to run any others thru OCR to speed up the transcribing process. Just let me know which ones you'd like done (perhaps gogo or schot could pm which ones I should try).

p.s. to have pics put into the wiki, all you have to do is have your pic hosted at Photobucket, then use the "direct link' The wiki will then display your hosted image :)

Oh, it's that easy then? Ok, I'll give it a shot then. Thanks for the tip :)

Edit: Ok then. I have finished "Book 4 - Lumen, God of Light" and will be moving on to Ker. Link:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...2C_God_of_Light

Edited by Puritania

Puritania, I can't thank you enough for this. My fingers are so pleased, they're dancing all over the keys! It's funny, because I never really liked the books as much as I appreciate them now...but after doing quite a number of them, I really got to liking a lot of the lore and work that's gone into this game.

Thank you

gogo

p.s. Masteff, choice is yours which of the books you want to try with OCR ^^ Just take a look in the wiki to see what's still showing as red, and then you can go through this thread to find the pics of the insides of the books , and hopefully the ocr can shave some time off. Good luck!

Very nice gang. Incredible. We've got quite the library going on here. Just had a quick read about Ker. Thank you Puritania. :)

Hurray! I'm useful! (Zoidberg ftw :)). Anyways I just finished "Interesting Facts about Ancaria: Dwarves - do they really exist?" and it's getting late here in Sweden. So I'm gonna call it a night and head to bed. If there is anything left tomorrow when I wake up, I'll help finish up what's left. I also promised gogo to post some screenshots of a bunch of uniques and legendary items. So I'll get around to that tomorrow.

Anyway, here's the link to the Dwarves if anyone wants to check for errors etc:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...really_exist%3F

Posted this on the official forums so figured I'd C&P here:

Links in post

Alright, finished up:

The Lost Diaries of Magus Elohinir

-Book 2

-Book 3

Herbs

-Book 3 - The Poisons of Ancaria: Their Use, Effect, and Attributes

Geography of Ancaria

-Book 2 - Artamark

The Art of Cooking

-Book 3 - Drinking in Ancaria

-Book 8 - Fishing

Interesting Facts about Ancaria

-The Winning Gambler

-How to Beguile Aristocrats: Princesses

-How to Beguile Aristocrats: Princes

Books of Magic

-Book 6 - Forbidden Magic

Leaving

Lore of Weaponry

-Book 3 - Two-handed Swords

Interesting Facts about Ancaria

-Orcish for Beginners

The Lost Diaries of Magus Elohinir

-Book 1

For which I couldn't find source images. I'll be up all night so if you need help on the remaining three let me know. Feel free to format/edit my entries as I just did a spell check and basic proofread, I didn't reread anything to make sure words didn't slip through the spell check.

Edit-Forgot to mention that book 2 of the diaries is missing an entry from the images and is so noted on the wiki if someone wants to add it in.

Edited by Amble

One more thing to note, I left in any spelling errors or typos that may have been present (diary going from 14th Tyrbor to the 5th then to the 16th). Some MS Word may have auto corrected, but when words came up in the spell check, I checked the source before correcting. There were also several grammatical errors and inconsistencies that were from apparent different authors ("cannot" in some and "can not" in others), again did my best to leave accurate to source.