Do Uniques in Sacred 2 have static values?

Hey guys!

I've been reading a lot of info about the "Legendary" or "Divine" drops...

In Sacred, the only items that dropped which had static values were Sets and Uniques...now in Sacred 2, I'm assuming that Sets have static values as well...has anyone confirmed this?

Also... what is the "new" unique?

Is it going to be the Legendary/Divine drops?

I ask because if were to begin referencing items... it would be useful to know which of the dropped items are actually "unique" so that the act of referencing them would actually have value ^^

:woot:

gogo

I got no Idea if they are static or not, but I think it will be like in sacred 1 where the level youare when you find the item determines the stats of your item.

I'll try getting some other char to do the blind guardian quest and end at the same level as my temple guardian, then it'll be clear if the values are static or not.

Arperum

Well...heh, I'm hoping they do...and I'm going to cross my fingers on this and get going on the Uniques section of the Wiki. Promatolya has already begun adding Uniques to the All Class Uniques section which you can find here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...l_Class_Uniques

The page that you get to that page is this one here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...niques_Database

We'll pretty up the page soon as we have time.

Anyone got uniques...throw em in!

:hugs:

gogo

I believe regular uniques are randomly generated. I believe the only difference is the improved bonuses. If you get a Shoddy Blade of Tripping and it's a unique, just means bonuses are better than yellow. The Legendary items are the true uniques. Notice the one llama posted called "Boneslicer". Now that is a static unique (legendary) item. The legendary ones will have names like that and not 'The(prefix) (item type) of (suffix)'

owch

:)

Knuckles, where are the legendary's coming from then... quests?

Is there any chance of a legendary dropping from a monster off a routine kill?

Have you ever gotten one that way?

gogo

p.s. I guess what I"m asking is... do you think the only thing worth referencing then...is the legendarys?

tbh I haven't seen a 'Legendary' item yet. It could be that some quests have a high chance to drop them. But the items I've seen listed, except the item from Llama, seem to be from the random item generator. I wouldn't stop collecting them yet, but just wanted to let you know that the 'uniques' may only be random items

Edit: here's a thread over in SIF that talks a bit more on it. It could be that you only get these items after defeating bosses though some seem to have got thru shopping. I believe shopping for them is a bug though

Edited by Knuckles

WOO HOO!

Well, I think the mystery is solved!

I had also asked Chloe, a french moderator about this question, because she is coming from the french game which has been released for quite a while, and they have a whole boatload of so called "uniques"

So... the pm she sent me was her opinion that theses new "uniques" as we are calling them in Sacred 2, are the same static items as we had in Sacred. But, of course, and especially with what Knuckles and Schot was saying up above with the item name- prefixes...I was still worried.

So... what kind of proof would we need that these particularly colored items are indeed the same sort of "uniques" from Sacred...with static stats?

I would think that proof positive would be the same named unique with same static stats ...but at a different level. Would this then prove then that these "uniques" were being generated with the same names and same stats at different levels?

Looked at the list of french uniques while using a translator...and, thank god...one name stuck out... Gruma ^^ Which I had just remembered Prom adding to the database just a few minute earlier.

So here are the pics:

SacredWiki:

GrumasSignet.jpg

And...french site:

gruma.jpg

Same names (albeit slightly different because of language), same stats, same pics, but different levels!

I would therefore offer that these uniques are indeed the same sort of uniques that Sacred, have static stats and are spawned at different levels.

This makes them collectible...and signals a return to referencing!

Whew

Dark Treasure Hunt...back on!

gogo

p.s. Course, I'd like to wait for the beta testers to agree my theory, but if you guys agree...then all is great again! :)

Didn't mean to worry you :)

And if these Legendary weapons are indeed only available via quests, might we want to keep track of which quests actually reward you with one?

Well I'm going to go back to my original statement. Everyone should look thru this thread here. Very good reading

Using one of the uniques shown on 1st page of thread for example....Emperor's Ferric Javelin of Pain. Using the references found in C:\Program Files\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\locale\en_US, this is what I came up with

Emperor's = 13;Excellent;Superb;Supreme;Emperor's;Warlord's;King's

Ferric = NAME_MAT_IRON;Iron;Ferric;Ironclad

Javelin = NGCLF_JAVELIN;Spear,1;Javelin,1;Impaler,1

Pain = NAME_BON_DMG_PHY;of Wounding;of Injury;of Pain;of Torment;of Agony

So items named the same will have similar attributes. But I still think they are just randomly generated. If (and a big if) I'm right you're gonna potentially have thousands of uniques to catalog

For instance if I find the 'Warlord's Ironclad Spear of Agony' it should have similar stats

Edited by Knuckles

Great read knuckles!

And after reading what I'm going to put up next, it doesn't make me nervous anymore ^^

It sounds right, that Sacred is using the item generator to create the names of the uniques. But how many are there, and is it worth catloging...that's the scary question.

So, this time my journeys took me to Germany. I haven't been to the GSIF in a long time, and forgot how busy it is. And, I was lucky enough to have my translator drop me into a great discussion a ton of pages long on the uniques. And, whew... a dev shows up, with some interesting info!

This is the link to that thread

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=50538

and Christian_Altrogge

Sacred2 Dev Sacred2 Dev is the one that's speaking in this post better still here's the pic of what I see from my translation by google:

christian.jpg

christian2.jpg

From that info from the dev, my impression is that they have made about 200 uniques, gold and orange, and from the second snippet he says, I understand that sets and golds drop from monsters, while the third one comes from quests. (he mentions the boneslicer)

Does this make sense at all?

I'm just looking for a reasonable reason to keep cataloging :) 200 uniques doesn't sound all that bad...if this info is correct

;)

gogo

I think items like Emperor's Ferric Javelin of Pain are randomly generated items with bonuses good enough to make it into the 'unique' threshold.

Now an item like Gruma's Ring sounds like one of the ones 'built by hand' (I couldn't find the name Gruma in any of the lists)

Sooooooo if I was cataloging all of this I would look for unique/legendary names like Boneslicer (sword) or Gruma's (ring). If the name isn't on any of lists from the thread I linked above then I would feel safe adding those to database

Edited by Knuckles

Ahhh, that's interesting. So they probably did a mix..some made by hand and some just generated by the game?

okay, and that's a good strategy about keepin an eye on the names. lol, I'll have to commit that list to heart though

gogo

p.s. I just realized I railroaded the collection thread . I merged these last few posts with another thread discussing this topic ;)

Is it at all possible they simply used prefixes, and suffixes from existing 'common' weapons to generate a name for an item ?

Say the emperor's ferric javelin for example. They would 'make this weapon by hand' and allow some sort of generator to read it's stats, and then search through those files, looking for which prefix fits for that item.

eg: in a normal item Ferric would mean +x damage (don't know exactly what ferric means, but bear with me, this is just an example).

they would make a unique which has +16 damage. The bot reads this weapon has +x damage, a higher then normal value, and would assign Ferric to it's name.

But none the less, each one of those uniques, all wearing the name ferric, would have the same static value.

the name is just something that shares a prefix file with the common items.

I hope this makes sense in any way.

Thing is, I don't know anything about programming, just offering another angle here :).

Up to the programming pro's to figure this one out.