Sacred Wiki - Skills descriptions

We wasted quite some time on silly messages and stuff like that. What about skills? :P Like, one of the core aspects of the game? I didn't see any wiki page on them.

Anyway, prompted by this Combat Discipline thread at SIF, I made this wiki page on the subject. Feel free to review, dissect and mutilate it... We can use that as a template for new skill pages, so it would be better if any formatting changes would be made to that first.

Big thanks to Schot for showing how to make tables. I still haven't got the complete hang of it, but I could implement some basic stuff. I didn't go over the level 80 skill point to avoid clutter. Nobody really has that skill at such level, and won't have for quite some time... Plus, the diminishing returns will seriously kick in at that point, discouraging further testing :) So we don't really need full tables right now.

And mentioned on SIF. Thanks for making it clear :)

And... Great idea you have. Maybe we even at some point later could make a Skills "Match" List for each class to make a working/not working skill combination? :)

We wasted quite some time on silly messages and stuff like that. What about skills? :dance: Like, one of the core aspects of the game? I didn't see any wiki page on them.

Anyway, prompted by this Combat Discipline thread at SIF, I made this wiki page on the subject. Feel free to review, dissect and mutilate it... We can use that as a template for new skill pages, so it would be better if any formatting changes would be made to that first.

Big thanks to Schot for showing how to make tables. I still haven't got the complete hang of it, but I could implement some basic stuff. I didn't go over the level 80 skill point to avoid clutter. Nobody really has that skill at such level, and won't have for quite some time... Plus, the diminishing returns will seriously kick in at that point, discouraging further testing :P So we don't really need full tables right now.

Beautiful, Trust. And for someone who just learned how to put in the tables, that page is formatted like it was done by a pro. Your description is clear and adds great new info for players.

th_combatdiscipline.jpg

Good job!

:)

gogo

Really nice work Antitrust. Sooo much better with the work you've put into the skill page. Couldn't agree with you more that the skill pages need exactly that kind of info tables. Speaking of tables you tackled the table code monster quite well, haha.

Looks wonderful and you can bet I'll be looking at that kind of info when I start playing. :)

P.s.

I did a bit of an adjustment to the table Antitrust. I hope you don't mind and if you prefer I can revert the change I made. I thought it might help you a bit. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to some amazing coding work by Schot :) :), the Sacred Wiki now has fully functional Skills Pages. Featuring practically everything we know about skills at this point. There sure is room for improvement, but even as it is it will still be a great help in planning the builds :)

A special thanks goes to Ultradad on SIF forums, who posted quite a few very useful screenshots. :)

phew, that took so much more time than I estimated...

Superb! They're comprehensive and very easy to read. Anti, did you lose a few nights sleep over this project? :) And the formatting is excellent Schot, great images from the game.

You know something's really useful when you begin to refer to it directly from in-game Hard Core.

Good job!

:)

gogo

Brilliant work Antitrust! That is some exceptional data and from the short time I had helping you out with the table set up I can say that was A LOT of work. Yeesh! It's almost scary that you were able to stick through it all, lol. Take a bow Antitrust. You deserve it! :(

CoolAsIce and Shagsbeard made some nice suggestions for the Sacred 2 Skills page which I've applied to it. On the skills page we now have info for each skill that explain to the reader if it is a primary skill choice or a secondary for each character type.

A wiki'ers work is never done. :drool:

P.s.

Thanx to this project I've discovered new fandangled table technology. Woot! :)