WOW /woot

Saw a movie with Schot a few nights ago! Aeon Flux (I know it's so last year....) BUT this movie should be part of the classics

/thumbsup ; it's so awesome that I actually to rename three of my planets Aeon Flux, Goodchild, and Scaphandra!!

/viking Just imagining a world of self-cloning! and a ruler who self taught every thing and re feel everything all over again. :) how crazy is that? This actually begs the question of whehter earth in our plan of reality would exploit this technology when infertility strikes. DO you think that memory could actually be cloned :)

Wow /oooo my mind is kinda dizzy probably it is due to late night, or the thinking lol

/whistle anyways!!

Sounds very cool HK :)

Movies that deal with similar themes to do with memories are:

-Final Cut

-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Both are really great movies /thumbsup

Haha Hkboi. That was a crazy film eh. Had some crazy cool ideas in it. :)

And scary indeed! Nice picks to go along with this one Aurora. Those were amazing films. Especially Final Cut. What a film that was! I'd like to add Butterfly effect to those two. I was pleasantly surprised by that one as well.

Happy watching! :D

This reminds me that I have Aeon Flux and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for quite a lot of time and yet I didn't watch them.

I definetly need more free time. :(

@ Indy: I know what you mean, we have so many movies we have never even seen, but its cool cos if we are ever bored ( /lmao) we always have something to watch :(

@ Cyclops: I have to admit Charlize is a bit of a hottie....especially with the dark short hair...she looks absolutely stunning.....not a bad actress either /wink

@ Schot: I loved Butterfly Effect, thanks for reminding me, I really have to watch it again....well if I ever have the time /rofl

Guest gogoblender

aeon flux:

sharp visuals

tight editing

sci-fi premise

sekis wonderbabe in a catsuit with heels

just give the lady a set of wings and I'm happy

what's not to like?

I have contention with Aeon's last line in the movie though....

we're meant to die

blah

sorry, but don't believe that

I think the only reason that the entire problems happenned in teh story was because the cloning process wasn't perfect.

let's say it was

let's say that when you were being cloned you had the ability to remember all your past lives or not

options usually makes thing better no?

:P

gogo

p.s. butterfly effect...damn that movie was good

real good

did you guys know that it took the two directors a few years to find a production company that would have the chutzpah to produce that kind of a movie?

And that there a ton of endings to that film...the only one that the brother/directs liked being too horrific for the main screen and can ONLY be seen on the dvd?

heavy

I found Aeon Flux a tad on the cheesy side. It did have an interesting concept, but what I really wanted to see was them re-exploring the outside world.. to see what had happened while humans were gone.

WOW !! /rofl

GOGO thanks for lending me "Proof" ! what a deep movie :( it sucks to be treated like as if you were crazy :(

Reminds me the time when I was kid, nobody believed me when I told them that I saw a ghost! FOr real, they were transparent and dancing in the air!

/sweat

Guest gogoblender

well, eternal life has always been a pretty contentious issue

I mean, noone really wants ta die right?

or, a lot of us wanna believe there's something more right?

heh

maybe chalk this all up to good ole-fashionned consumerism?

;)

gogo

Hey gogo!

There are two types of people I guess- The Mortals and the Immortals

Death is part of a very important cycle- of course you d already know that!

And it is only through death that people see the meaning of life. Immortals, if it is a concious knowledge, will only take life too lightly - and would not have ambition. And therefore life itself will have no meaning because a simple appreciation to things will no longer exist.

For instand, had the dodo's did not become extinct, would we appreciate Pandas or animals on the verge in becoming extinct ? Will taking a coffee means anything more than a simple passing of the time between two individuals ?

Arghhhh this one really is a conundrum......

I mean would anyone really want to live forever:) /blink

Then again if you are healthy and happy it would be cool to live a lot longer......maybe.....You could definetely get a lot more done...and imagine the points/fleet you could have in o-game /rofl

But as HK said I think everyone would take life for granted (even more than we do already).....<_<

Guest gogoblender

heh, I wanna live forever

I'm never bored

lol, really...is anyone else here either?

Also...if we get bored of living we could have our memories wiped fer a few thousand years.

meaning of life only because of death?

hmmm, dunno about that one

why even bother asking the meaning of life?

Why not just live it?

:)

Clone me

please

:D

gogo

lol :D

I wonder whether cloning is a continuation of life- or life after death

So to a certain extent life of a human is still delimited.

You get cloned then u live again but u live withou remembering past life (according to gogo's theory on perfect cloning) Could cloning be different phases of life ? or could cloning mean ends of life since you do not remember.

P.S GOGO, why the contradictions ? /rofl do you want a world of Aeon Flux with memories surging or not :)

Guest gogoblender
lol :D

I wonder whether cloning is a continuation of life- or life after death

So to a certain extent life of a human is still delimited.

You get cloned then u live again but u live withou remembering past life (according to gogo's theory on perfect cloning) Could cloning be different phases of life ? or could cloning mean ends of life since you do not remember.

P.S GOGO, why the contradictions ? /rofl do you want a world of Aeon Flux with memories surging or not :)

no contradictions hk

I'm simply forwarding questions

Questions are paths in themselves and very often the best questions lie unanswered

A journey itself along a chosen path (that of the user's question) often supplies us with new experiences and tools that we find useful in discovering more smileys in an everyday life.

lol, it seems like you are rather bent on discovering an answer to your question:

"Do you want a world of Aeon Flux with memories surging or not"

Is it really important to answer that?

Can we as individuals ever answer such an abstract question for the masses?

Don't you think that allowing each person after they have experienced memories surging or not is their own personal choice?

The clone option suggested in Flux was not perfect

If it had allowed the members of it's community the option of remembering or not then perhaps things would have been different. ;)

Don't you think that the allowance of more options and choices simply brings about a richer society based on an inclusive set of heterogenous values rather than homogeneity?

I am not arguing for one or the other

I won't even pick which one is best

Why not settle simply for allowed choices which a community has agreed upon as a useful, beneficial and liked range of values.

What is interesting is that Aeon Flux is heavily inspired (ripped off? :P) by a short story that Arthur C. Clarke wrote called City and the Stars which is almost exactly the same premise and was cast against a very very far and bleak future with all of humanity (supposedly) walled off within a few cities.

It's a good read

Much suggested

gogo

Guest gogoblender

Diffence is about change

Malleability

Power in transformation v.s. a static image

Put a crown on your head and there's nowhere else to go

Opportunites whilst always changing can allows us to re-define and transform ourselves to discover new questions.

Perhaps they can be seen in the long-term scheme of things as challengs rather than problems?

:o

gogo

p.s. btw I stole that crown line from The Chysalids: John Wyndham.

along a similar line of these films is the jacket. just finished watching it. cinematically beautiful plus very good lead actor. stunning. twisted. genuis.

and, I dont think id want to live forever.

but thats just me.

Guest gogoblender

jacket

ahhh, super creepy movie that one

ending was pretty cool huh?

reminded me a lot of the Butterfly Effect

:o

gogo

I don't want to live forever oh noooooooooooooooooo

It would be too sad...it's making me think of the Highlander.....when that sexy beast Conor McCloud is sitting with his dying wife... /cry heheh I know not the worlds most amazing filum but ahh the eye candy :o

No I want to go when it's my time to go.

I don't want to be cloned either...the horror! /oooo

Diffence is about change

Malleability

Power in transformation v.s. a static image

Put a crown on your head and there's nowhere else to go

Opportunites whilst always changing can allows us to re-define and transform ourselves to discover new questions.

Perhaps they can be seen in the long-term scheme of things as challengs rather than problems?

gogo

p.s. btw I stole that crown line from The Chysalids: John Wyndham.

Nice quote :o the Chrysalids is about a pessimistic future-

it is perhaps only with a pessimistic future that one see challenges and see the NEED to change. Redefinition and discovery is only an aftermath of change.

On this note, we can ask ourselves, on what capacity does the authority allow or disallow opportunities to do so, which in turns begs the question : when can we change?

during the ancient regime- ignorance was part of the reason why generation is non existant. There is no change. not peasants, nor beggars, nor do aristocrats think of change. transformation has always had bad press. we do not even know we can redefine ourselves. In other words, like in Trevor Goodchild, we live forever without cloning. the King of France represents and is King Clovis. (that is why in royalty, the term "we" is used)

Then one might ask What happened ? Why did we break off from what was in the ancient regime to the new worlds?

Cruelties, corruption, bad mores - these are some of the oppotunities u spoke off that allow us to question our beliefs. Why do we, as a human, need to suffer first in order to redefine ourselves ? why can't we discover newer questions only through hypotheses and premises ?

The preexistant ruling class does not allow such opportunites, but ironically they allow difference.

For instance: Why does it make one happier if there are slaves ? why do USA like to bully other nations and the ones with no green cards (no offence intended)? Why does a muscular guy like to hang out with an obese person ? it is about satisfaction. We do feel better psychologically when we feel superior. and it is also for economic reasons. its about profit. (Cf. the PRince by Machievelli)

Now back to difference that IS about change. Allowing differences amongst us is dissallowing opportunities to change in order to keep profits from disappearing.

Put a crown in your head and there is nowhere else to go :)