Had enough but

I'm giving up on Sacred 2.

I didnt think I would ever say it but I'm bored with the game.

What has happened you may (or may not) ask?

Well, quite simply....I am unable to play HC online. The lag just makes it unplayable for me. I have a constant two second ping speed.

Its either the game itself or the way the servers are setup because, for example, I get 200ms ping with Guild Wars and thats makes for a great gaming experience.

So I have been playing SP and in all honesty Sacred 2 SP is just totally boring. This game was marketed as a great online game and I'm sure for those that dont have a lag problem it is.

But as a SP game it doesnt have anything to keep my interest.

So goodbye Sacred 2.

I will still try to help ppl in the SIF with tech probs where I can and of coarse I will still be annoying everyone here with my posts :drinks: but unfortunately Sacred 2 is just going to gather dust.

I so wanted this game, was so excited when I did get it and now so disappointed with how it has worked out a025.gif

end of story :cow_white:

You're not alone Stubbs, I've been having lag problems as well, and the thing like the space bar taking 2secs to react, stuff like that.

I've been having some technical difficulties lately, so I haven't played in a week or so, but the experience so far has been under par.

There were never problems like this in S1. And it's killing the MP of Sacred 2.

And since SP is as boring as watching someone trying to flip monkeydoo with jedi powahz... You get my drift...

I don't even get a feeling for the story. I just clicked it away, and started doing some questing. But it doesn't get deep, or fascinating, at all, you only run to another person saying "oh dear you'd better go there" and you're supposed to head off again. Well so much for making it interesting.

At least you get kills and experience in side questing...

Edited by Timotheus

I also have some problems in MP. I lost 2-3 characters in Hardcore because of lag and/or crashes/freezes.

For the story, I stayed idle in town (maybe in chapter 7) to read the whole story, and I must say that the story is ok, nothing more.

However, the problems you guys told will probably be corrected with the next patch (which should come out within 10 days).

-They made a new graphic system that will increase general performance.

-They said they fixed a lot of crashes/freezes.

-New localized servers will be added (US servers at least) so lag will be greatly decreased (I hope)

-New things to explore (bosses, portals)

-Etc.

Are you giving on Sacred 2 "right now"? Or are you gonna try the game with the next patch to see if the problems have been solved?

Max

I must say just before the UK release I totally lost my enthusiasm for Sacred 2, the SecuROM thing disappointed me, and several other factors (including stuff like this) put me off even more.

(Plus my internet connection is no where near capable of handling Sacred 2)

Consequently I haven't as yet got hold of Sacred 2, and the nearest I can foresee getting it is around christmas time, but only if we have a connection able to handle it by then

:drinks:

~Doom

Leaving so soon?! But it's just getting started! :drinks:

It's true for me as well on the 2 major points here. That MP is THE most important play style and that the servers are presently difficult to play on. But give it some time and we'll be seeing some improvements as max suggests. It's probably going to take some ironing yet to get things straightened out. Lot's of goodies are on the way. :cow_white:

As for the Single player I actually enjoyed it. Had quite a few laughs and that Librarian dude on the Seraphim Island is hilarious. Especially if your playing a female character, hehe. Much of the dialogue and some of the voice acting was spot on.

Funny, I find the dialogue bits totally boring. In S1, all the dialogues were quite short, here it sometimes seems as if they're telling you their life stories. And jeeeeez the campaign start for the Seraphim! So... LAME! Temple Guardian was a fun start, SW was kind of boring as well, Inquisitor was meh. Cliche's everywhere.

It lacks the attractiveness of S1 with it's funny remarks etc, they seem to be a lot less frequent. Plus a deep storyline, like S1's getting you into the army from the start, stuff like that. So you know who you're fighting for. Or running for, in this case...

I'm hold off until the next patch, or the patch after that. MP needs to be more stable to get me playing again, because I'm not going through SP.

I have better things to do than getting bored over a game.

Edited by Timotheus
Are you giving on Sacred 2 "right now"? Or are you gonna try the game with the next patch to see if the problems have been solved?

I will try again when the patch is released but I hold little hope.

My CD key is bound to the EU servers so I need the US and EU servers to be merged.

I don't know when that's planned.

I have sent a email to Ascaron asking if its possible to unbind my key so I can connect to the US servers, but no reply as yet.

Someone in the SIF suggested trying a nec SW build and concentrating on using the minions to fight as a possible way to avoid dying by lag.

I'll give it a go......but I'm not in any hurry anymore :) lots of other games to play instead.

I understand where you're coming from regarding lag, Stubbie. When I was first playing the game, the amount of lag I would have just from switching Combat Arts in game was enough to make me want to cry. The CA switching in original Sacred was so fast...no other game I've ever played has approached that, not GW, not even Requiem. And for me, who likes to pack in as many Combat Arts and combos as I can, it's almost a game breaker. I haven't even mentioned yet the nightmares with having to use inventory. I've come to dread using the smith and rune master. My time spent there is made up of me trying to find ways of getting the objects to "stick" where they're supposed to go, and often having to cancel the smithing, scoop up the items on the ground, and then try again.

Very frustrating.

What I've had to do is rework my build and figure out ways of having to use CA switches less often while in battle, and I'm just soldering through until the american servers can come online and hopefully help out with the lag. I'm also building in way more def than I usually do in HC regarding this build, and I've gotten into the habit of updated my relics/resistances per drop. Sometimes I can't kill monsters, and my heart's in my mouth as I'm wondering if they're instead killing me or they're dead... Yes, there's been a lot of f 12's :)

Lots of work arounds on my end to be able to play in the MP HC servers, but the pay off is still there for me everytime I get to hook up with my friends and get a few lucky levels.

Hoping you get a response to your pm, and also hoping this new patch comes out soon and is everything we want.

;)

gogo

I also have tons of lag and I find myself hitting the space bar way more then I need to because of it. Lost a few toons already from it, but I hope a patch fixes the lag and you decided to come back eventually.

Edited by Dudy80