Sacred 2 HC & SC Stashes are shared...?!

This may be something you guys already know about but I found it kinda odd that the shared stash is the same for sc and hc toons. I only found it out because im sick of the lag killing toons and there never anyone on the hc us servers, but I think this seems kinda cheap as you could farm for certain set items or runes with no risk then throw them in the shared stash and have them on your hc toon who never risked a thing to get them and no one would ever know the difference.

Im sure many of you will say you play hc for the thrill and the rush you get out of the game and you woulden't even thing about doing this, but im wondering how people feal about items from sc coming into the hc servers that people may trade or give out. Im sure you all remember the huge piles of loot that would cover the isle in sacred 1 and how we always tried to help each other, but dose it make a difference if the items came from sc? Your thoughts?

Edited by gogoblender
I think the different mode items have different colours when you can't use them. Some items are coloured blue, some orange or something, which might indicate the mode they were found in.

No, thats just the rarity of the item.

Gray= Junk

White= More junk

Blue= Magic

Yellow= Rare

Gold= Unique

Orange= Legendary

Green= Set

A HC character can use gear that a SC one put in shared chest...there are no penalties/incompatibilities etc. As long as the character meets the requirements for using/wearing item then it can. I didn't like this either as you could make a SC farmer with absurd MF and EP and just go looting. Wouldn't matter if you died just keep looting. There was some discussion about separating the chests but not sure if anything will be done about it.

That is an indeed not very pleasant thing to hear about, HC lost one of it's unique attributes due to this fact... looks like Ascaron made so that the HC and SC servers share item files between them with no restrictions applied... Why can't they revert what they had before? The SC and HC servers should have always stayed completely independent from one another, the same environment we had with S1.

With that said, allow me to suggest one thing or two that would allow us to have a safer HC experience...

As Antitrust pointed out before, item coloration would not be a bad idea after all, the thing is they would have to make it a way that doesn't confuse the player.. (WHILE IN THE CHEST) let's say making SC items look light green and HC items look light red.. then when on HC you try to equip a HC item a message would appear saying " SC Item Only" and vice and versa..

or.. another way would be making the the SC item greyed out and unusable on HC and vise versa .. doesn't matter the exact way to do it, as long as it is implemented ingame.

Edited by StealthBD

I can think of so many ways in which this could be exploited. I'm hoping they'll re-think their stance on this. Any chance this could have been an oversight?

This really does change the concept of HC...with items coming from a game that you have no "risk" or anything to wager, you could do dragon drops over and over (and over and over) again, until you end up with a veritable treasure trove that can be trundled over to HC.

Disspointed

:P

gogo

HC/Closed has always been about "honour", I won't use it (I don't have any SC characters), I doubt anyone in Dark or DA would, so does it matter?

If someone can put together a suitably worded reason for why it's a bad thing (I'm not necessarily the best person to explain stuff like this & English isn't their first language), I'm happy to send it to the devs.

My biggest issue with this is that its a feature that will only be used for exploiting hc... I have no problem with items going from hc to sc as that dont matter but the fact is the only reason people will mule items from sc to hc is to make hc easier and really if your going to do this why even play hc? Personally I haven't played much of the game yet... just a few low level toons and the like but it seems like this will only make people respect hc less and in the end cause hc to die.

People will use this because the option is there... Some wont, but a lot will just because they can.

I dont have the game so take this with a grain of salt and consider me the devils advocate...

I understand how this will be exploited but is this much different from the piles on the isle during kami or the various mules we kept with gear for the clan or personally that we would equip toons from? The level 60 mule equipping the level 10 new toon with full sets?

Unless they have totally unbalanced the sets and made them uber fantasticly strong there has always been uniques that can be better than set peices and its always possible to use uniques to make a stronger toon than one clothed in a set if done properly.

Yes this will make is easier to get set peices but quite frankly considering my first set for my bm consisted totally of gifts from various clan members stashes. I dont quite see the difference from using my hc toon and stashing/muleing the sets that drop for use by other characters in s1 and using a sc toon in Sacred 2 to do the same thing. My HC toon still has to get to the level to use the peice and the sc toon still has to get to the level that the piece will drop.

Now this is said without actually having played the game and I think until the US servers are up and running so that HC gets a real work out that we wont know how this will entirely affect the game but I dont think it will be that bad in the long run. It might even cut down on the theft and fraud dealing with set peices since they maybe slightly easier to get a hold of so people wont be quite so tempted to steal stuff like unguarded stuff in S1 on the isle was.

Well... I'm kind of of the same thinking as Genenut. I can't really chalk it up to exploitation in my mind. To me it's a matter of invested time and whether you're playing SC or HC the matter of time is the same. If it was SC "OPEN" then I would be worried but since this is SC Closed that is being shared it is just as secure from item hacks and such as is the HC we play on. Besides, in a matter of time the communities will be stocked full of all kinds of items to give away at which point it won't matter. Free items are free items when receiving. I don't think it should really matter if they were found on HC or SC.

What's more is that although, yes, there are less risks in SC it's important to keep in mind that for Item farmers it is essential that they not die. When they do they will lose their SB which is of significant value in order to item farm. SC isn't like a free for all where every item comes so much easier than HC. They still have to make a good build and maintain their SB.

I think I'm ok with this personally.

I agree with both Schot and Genenut. I also feel that there is also a benefit to this. Now lets say you have a HC toon that isn't a high enough level for an item it just got on a drop, now if your HC toon dies, if the item is in your stash you might still have the item to use with a new toon, and a new build.

By different colours I meant this:

colored_items.jpg

Thah is how my level 1 hardcore mule is seeing some random crap that I've accumulated. I think all of these are hardcore items, and I don't think I have any coloured softcore items to check it out.

I bought some items with my softcore char but they are not coloured, so I'm not sure anymore what is the purpose of this.

The colours round the edge of the item are related to what elemental damage it does. The green ones will do poison damage, the red ones do fire damage & the blue ones do magic (not sure about cold).

Though I would have thought that the ranged staves in the top right of that pic would have some elemental damage/coloured edging as well...