Sacred 2 - Bug reports

Welcome everyone in the official Sacred 2 bugs thread here, on DarkMatters!

Take a sit, and laugh with us on the odd and funny bugs in our favourite game, Sacred 2! Since Sacred would not be Sacred without bugs!

Plenty bugs we can see every day, which can even make us laugh. Now it's the time to share them with us!

Let's get started!

Looking forward to the bugs you notice!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

A few one:

I: Check this out! This is where I'll teleport! An unknown portal, in an unknown location, activated by unknown person:

The portal

And where did I get? Into an unknown place by unknown reasons:

Darkness Falls

II: Portal again - A missing portal

*Check the minimap too*

Edited by tomi

Haha, nice topic Tomi. I'm sure there will be many wonders to be seen in this topic. :) So someone stole yer portal huh? Have you repoted it to the local authorities yet? :P

Yeeowch!

lol, Tomi, you're a lucky one ^^ I seem to be down on my luck by comparison. I had big sound one before, but the new patch fixed it. I hope you get your bugs ridden... big can of Sacred 2 Bug spray?

:P

gogo

I'd just like to know where screenies are put, coz I can't find them in the games folder, settings folder or savegames folder :)

My Pictures, Ascaron Entertainment, and there are in .tga (only quicktime can read them apparently).

Skeletons2DHEreg.jpg

Notice the skeletons are in 2D. I've also had *countless* shader errors such as:

WallsofshadereffectSEreg.jpg

I've had those in Thylysium, a few glitches here and there. There's some in every region, but only Seraphim had literal walls everywhere.

How do you see screenshots with the user interface visible? The default option makes it go away.

The only way I can do it is to go into paint and paste it after pressing the print screen key.

My Pictures, Ascaron Entertainment, and there are in .tga (only quicktime can read them apparently).

I use Gimp for my screenshots. It's free and works really well. You can do alot of the stuff you can do in photoshop with gimp. http://www.gimp.org/

I've had those in Thylysium, a few glitches here and there. There's some in every region, but only Seraphim had literal walls everywhere.

Anyone else think Sara stumbled upon a glitch in the matrix?

That graphics error looks mighty familiar Sara. I used to get that in Requiem a lot. I eventually resolved it in Requiem by trying different video drivers. What kind of video card do you have Sara?

As for screenshots mine are in my Vista C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Pictures\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

I think that if you are running with the driver that came with your 8800 GTS then the driver may be much too old. Probably a good idea to update to the latest driver as they tend to update drivers every two months. The driver that came with your card is likely as old as the 8800 GTS's release date. Here's the link to where you can get the most recent GeForce driver Sara. :agreed:

Download NVIDIA Drivers

No idea how it happened... but I acitvatd a portal and I've never been in this place... :agreed:

bug2.jpg

And where's the lil portrait of my companion?

bug.jpg

I minimalized the game and when I got back, someone has shaved my tiger. But really.

bug5.jpg

Someone has stolen my shiny blue-white wings. But he forgot about the backpack.

bug3.jpg

Aaaaand the most awesome bug I ever seen. Now you can see how fast you are able to get from the marshes to the desert. Just minimalize the game a couple of times, as I did while making screenshots and voila:

LOL.jpg

Hehe Telari. Thieves and hooligans stike again? :) For the portal that you never activated that may just be a result of the auto activate feature in Sacred 2. For some of the portals in Ancaria you don't need to touch them to turn them on. You just need to walk near where they are. Though looking on your map at how close you had walked to that portal it does seem a bit strange. I would think you would have to walk a lot closer than that. :agreed:

Shaved Tiger, lol. Hey. It doesn't look half bad. Just be glad it wasn't shaved look a poodle. ^^ ... Love the new transportation system. Did you see some nice mountain peaks? :big_boss:

It seems maybe my graphical glitch issues are caused by my rather small GPU Ram and running stuff at Medium, with PhysX enabled (it was, by default). I disabled PhysX (now CPU will do it, and my Q6600 Quad @ 2.4 is better than my graphics card) and I'll see how it is today.

remember my cute tp bug? look where I was thrown from the mount isle when I minimalized the game:

tpbug.jpg

in the middle of the sea.

is that a suggestion that my seraphim should take a shower?

:)

EDIT: and from the middle of the sea I aws tp-ed to the middle od the mountains.

tpbug2.jpg

I wonder where I'll be when I'll get back the the game now.

Edited by TelariTurunen

OK, now I'm ANGRY.

yday I found nice set item, a belt. today I found an unique belt and I wanted to see how it looks like. when I tried to put it on, my set belt just DISAPPEARED! no shiny set belt in my backpack, nowhere around me, just DANG and no belt.

OK, now I'm ANGRY.

yday I found nice set item, a belt. today I found an unique belt and I wanted to see how it looks like. when I tried to put it on, my set belt just DISAPPEARED! no shiny set belt in my backpack, nowhere around me, just DANG and no belt.

It seems there can be issues when trying to replace an item (by putting it over an already equipped item). Sometimes you do it and you're back with the original item, sometimes it drops to your feet, possible that it can vanish, but its not happened to me before.

Be sure to unequip the original equipment, and THEN, equip the new one, this way you're pretty sure nothing messes up.

As for avoiding teleports like that, with the windows button I never got an issue. (This is how I go on other programs during play).

Ahh losing a low level set belt is never good! Shame on bugs, Telari! :oooo:

Well regarding the teleport...we were looking for a boss with Telari.

Couldnt find the exact location so I wanted to check wikimap [All hail WIKI]

So pushed alt-tab. Checked, and when I went back the boss was there with his nice 10-20 mobs around him. Teleported to him! Somehow...Totally scary!

Also we were far away from him so it must have been a bug.

P.S Sacred 2 has weird hotkeys...I pushed something and sold my spare 30 mentors...not that bad but still! (wasnt in shop)

Ahh losing a low level set belt is never good! Shame on bugs, Telari! :oooo:

Well regarding the teleport...we were looking for a boss with Telari.

Couldnt find the exact location so I wanted to check wikimap [All hail WIKI]

So pushed alt-tab. Checked, and when I went back the boss was there with his nice 10-20 mobs around him. Teleported to him! Somehow...Totally scary!

Also we were far away from him so it must have been a bug.

P.S Sacred 2 has weird hotkeys...I pushed something and sold my spare 30 mentors...not that bad but still! (wasnt in shop)

Well, the game warns somewhere it's not recommended to alt-tab.. (Actually that's the case with msot games, altough I agree Sacred's bad in this regard)

Just use the Windows button :oooo: It's pretty bug-free for me. Or play windowed with mouse freedom, you won't need to alt-tab. Would be annoying to alt-tab, and from a town I was idling at, get to a boss who kills me while I idle...especially in hardcore.

I wouldn't categorize this as a bug, but I'd like to tell you about it.

When I try to teleport into a cave (Dragons Cave for example), and I'm on my mount, there is no message indicating that I can't teleport to that location because I'm on my mount.

A message indicating that I should get off my mount before teleporting into caves would be greatly appreciated. :P

Max