Increasing % World Discovered = More Magic Find?

Just caught this this morning on the GSF. I forgot how many players there are playing from the German side, and this little find was gold!

destiny004 from the German Sacred Forum is convinced that the World Discovered feature of Sacred is connected to Magic Find!

This is the link here:

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=59378

You'd have to use a translator to read it.

So am I reading this right, is there anyone here who speaks German and can maybe help out with this?

Anyone feel like going invisible on a new toon and riding across Ancaria to see how this works?

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. if this is the case... I guess I'll be touristing way more in Ancaria :)

It seems the real value should be +1% MF per 4% discovered, and not 0.1%. 1% makes more sense as well, seeing as getting 1.2% by exploring 48% of the map (which is nearly all of it) sounds like sooo little.

This is from what I gathered in the post, talking about an error and a possible future patch/fix to this.

destiny hat da einen netten Bug gefunden. Eigentlich sollte die Exploration pro 4% entdeckter Welt 1% MF geben. Das habe ich dann grad auch mal gefixt

Though this pales in comparison to the bonus you get from Enhanced Perception at base 75 (Mastery). It starts at +180% and can reach above +300% if you max it.

Why not have the two? If the info is correct, the mf coming from world discovered would stack on top of the ep right? It's like an extra timer kicking in to add to all the fun!

lol, can't wait to get a horse now and just RIDE

Woo Hoo!

:)

gogo

p.s. Sara, thanks for the explanation of the translation, guess this'll have to be added to the wiki! :4rofl:

I'm in the process of discovering all, and I do mean ALL of Ancaria :) Around 15% now so got a ways to go. And without hijacking the thread (maybe I should make a new one) I'm looking for all quests that enable access to areas otherwise unavailable (ex...Pirate Treasure quest).

That is assuming that 180% is actually not 80%.

Still, a nice discovery.

The only one that is like that is Alchemy no?

Considering diminishing returns, if it was +80% and about +277% at skill lv 200, it would not make much sense. More than 3x the increase for less than 3x the level?

Consider all weapon skills follow the same progression from 180 to 377 at 75-200, they just start at lv 1 instead of at Mastery.

Handy info there gogo. that should help get those uber drops. Every little bit counts! It does seem quite low I aggree Sara but maybe there are other benefits to be had from World Discovered as well as the MF?

Keep an eye on your stats overview. :)

Holy crap EP gives +MF after it gets to mastery o.O holy crap I'm gona have to go leve. No more mf gear for me, my +100 to skills and + 30 to ep is seriously gona take over for my mf.

It says so in the wiki, it doesn't in the in-game skill description, but having tested it myself, I can attest to its truth, it does give +MF.

Even just getting it to 75, with +130 EP, that'll help a lot :)

Thanks for the link llama.

I can't get into the servers right now since they're being stubborn once again. But I've been doing a lot of Lan work with horses, and have fallen in love with them. They're so fast. I'll be clipping along in the country side soon as I can, the views are great, and the mf is sounding good. Knuckles, I really haven't done that many quest yet, but if I do come across one that gets me into a hidden area I'll definitely post or pm.

And you're doing your WD build again, awesome! A post about it sounds good, to give peeps a heads up.

Good luck

:)

gogo

I put char with biggest WB I've already gathered HERE. Feel welcome to download it Knuckles. Only damned crashes put in some places gray patches :) And of course I know that I wasn't in few places and dungeons. But maybe Quest log will help you reach somewhere... At this moment this char have exactly 46% World Discover. If only eliminate that gray patches should add maybe 1-2%. With special Christmas terrain should jump more and when add dungeons... I think all should close in 53-54%

Thx for the offer thek :) But I only play HC. WD'ing is kind of a pet project for me. I got the highest totals in both SP and MP in S1 and gotta defend my title lol. Unfortunately the one I had going got stuck at 16.3 % discovered. I would see WD increase in-game but restart would reset WD back to 16.3%.

Guess I'll start a new thread so I don't get this one too far off-topic, though I will be checking WD/MF as I advance.

I have a theory of that the "0.1% MF" you get pr "4% WD" might be static

Would atleast explain the low values :D

Meaning it would be the base value, making that extra 0.1% much more valueable

I have a theory of that the "0.1% MF" you get pr "4% WD" might be static

Would atleast explain the low values :D

Meaning it would be the base value, making that extra 0.1% much more valueable

Can you explain that? Static, how would that make it valuable?

The players on the German forum said it was a mistake that it was 0.1%, and should be 1%

I hope I'm guessing right, well if the value was 0.1% for Legendary, you'd say it makes it 0.2%, but I doubt it. For one, the WD Magic Find is counted together with equipment Magic Find (and perhaps Enhanced Perception Mastery MF).

Edited by Little Sara

What he means by static is this:

Say your characters base mf is 12,5%

If its a static bonus of 0,1% it gives 12,6% total mf..

If its not static it gives 12,5+(12,5/1000=0,0125) which is 12,5125% total mf..

A bonus of +180%mf gives 35% total mf :D

Now if you get 40% map explored, and the bonus is static, you get 13,5% base mf, now add EP lvl75 on top of that, and you get 37,8% mf..

And with a bonus not static, you would only get 12,5x2,9=36,25%

Edited by Xodusness
What he means by static is this:

Say your characters base mf is 12,5%

If its a static bonus of 0,1% it gives 12,6% total mf..

If its not static it gives 12,5+(12,5/1000=0,0125) which is 12,5125% total mf..

A bonus of +180%mf gives 35% total mf :P

Now if you get 40% map explored, and the bonus is static, you get 13,5% base mf, now add EP lvl75 on top of that, and you get 37,8% mf..

And with a bonus not static, you would only get 12,5x2,9=36,25%

Like I said, its counted together with other MF+, if it wasn't then there might be questions. Like I know for example that multiple bonuses of +% chance to evade from difference sources will stack independantly.

Say my base chance to evade is 20%, and I got +11% (from mount), its now 22.2%, and I got +40% from gear/CAs, its now about 31.0%.

The problem is there is no "base chance for MF".

What accounts for MF =

1) Difficulty

2) Danger class of enemy (boss is highest no doubt)

3) Base rate for Blue, for Yellow, for Gold, for Green, for Orange, separately, and depending on mob. Some mobs may also only drop certain item types (Ghosts only drop: rings, amulets, money and potions for example).

I doubt Factor 3 could be affected directly, as in not by a multiplier.

If you have against enemy x a factor of 2% chance for Blue, 0.4% chance for Yellow, 0.1% chance for Gold, 0.05% chance for Green and 0.01% chance for Orange, and say Bronze has a 1.00x multiplier, and enemy x has a 1.00x danger class multiplier, it would drop at those rate multiplied by your "Chance to find Valuables" bonus seen in sigma.

If not, this opens the door to enemies dropping Orange not at 0.01%, but at 1.61% (say, you explore 64% of map), which is absurd considering its 16100%! of the original value.

Note: The percent values shown here are not representative of what's in the game. Blues probably drop more often...and Orange maybe even less.

Edited by Little Sara
It has been confirmed by a mod on the German forum that more % World Discovered gives a *little* bit more MF.

Ascaron is German, hence the activity on the German forum.

If it was 1% per 4% discovered it would still be a "little bit" considering thar 14%ish isn't that high at the end of Bronze if you explored every square inch of the map (you'd be above lv 40 or damn near it). So I'm with the 1% per 4% theory, I don't think 0.1% was intended, because 101.4% chance for valuables is like "save 5 cents on filling your car, per 5 gallons..."

and its damn near abyssmal compared to Enhanced Perception Mastery Bonus.

Say you get 75 + 18 Enhanced Perception you'd get +228.3%,. making 1.4% not even a consideration, while 14% would be "a little bit".

Edited by Little Sara
So, was that "just" a display error, or have we now got a lot more MF?

Would have to ask the devs, but if I'm to believe the SiF German forums, I'd say it was a bug before, and now is fixed. Not that getting +15% MF for 60% WD is "A lot" though.