Survival Bonus mechanics

Well I inadvertently was able to test SB a little bit. I had F12'd back to isle with my level 5 SW since his mount got one shot by a level 40 bandit. I appear right next to a level 54 Sakkara demon on isle and thought well here's a nice one-two punch TKO. Luckily, he didn't attack me. My skellies immediately attacked though but still no reaction. So I thought I'd check SB. With me right underneath him and skellies attacking for a whopping damage of one, I waited around 5 minutes and no change to SB. When I attacked, for 2 HP a whack, my SB rose by 4-5 SB in 5 minutes.

Now I don't know if damage done, or just successful hits are used to calculate SB, but it's definitely not like S1 where you just had to be near an enemy to get it. Also minions appear to have no influence on SB either.

Sure seems that way... I made a NA Shadow Warrior and had skeletons doing most of damage, going to load him up now and see what his SB is...think he's level 29

Edit: he's level 26 with an SB of 23.9% and 2369 kills...not sure how that compares to other toons around his level

Edited by Knuckles

Well... Actually... Eh heh. I kinda did have a bit of time for this as well some time ago. Just let a wee level 2 wolf in Sloeford try and beat you up. Whistle while you wait and watch the SB go up. Throw on that "faster SB increase" mod and sing. :4rofl:

Sure seems that way... I made a NA Shadow Warrior and had skeletons doing most of damage, going to load him up now and see what his SB is...think he's level 29

Edit: he's level 26 with an SB of 23.9% and 2369 kills...not sure how that compares to other toons around his level

Lv 26, 17k enemies killed, SB of 82%

Survival Bonus is dependant on time spent in battle, which means time where you attack or get attacked. It's only based on time, not actual damage received/done. It grows slower as its higher, and its impossible to have beyond 100% apparently.