Which version of Sacred 2 should I buy?

Hi folks.

Well, the title sums it up. I can get either version on eBay, or just get the NA version down the street (I'm in Canada). I'm a little unsure of which version I should get...

I've read some things about the NA version not connecting to the servers properly? I had the UK (International?) version of S1/Underworld which I bought because the "gore" wasn't turned down as it was for the NA version; is there a similar thing with Sacred 2? Is the "UK" version of Sacred 2 the same as an "international" version?

Is the collector's edition worth the extra money? I don't have a super gaming rig so I doubt I'd be using the heavy duty textures but I love getting extra stuff, especially better/bigger manuals.

Thanks!

Definitely UK. Ascaron is saying that they'll merge the servers, but that doesn't really do any good to the folks who end up buying localized versions and have noone to play with.

Cover your bases.

Buy the international version at 365gaming.com I ordered the CE Version from them, cost me 72.00 and it arrived in 3 days, shipping (They deliver free to Canada and US!), taxes, everything included.

The International version of this game has the highest number of players so far, and if you're looking for a community, the biggest one is on International (UK).

And btw slinky, welcome to DarkMatters!

:(

gogo

I have a lot of questions so please be patient :P. As I think I have said elsewhere, I am thinking about buying the UK version even though I already have the NA version. Please tell me all the reasons I should want to do this besides the fact that most of you are there already (which is a good one by the way). I am leaning CE so the imp is a plus; but what other differences are there? More gore? I think I read the NA version was toned down. What about the patch issue? Hasn't the 2.34 problem been fixed, because unless I read some things wrong, it seemed the UK version had the most problems. If I had to start opening files and modifying things, I would be extremely nervous. I had no problems with the patch when I did it. If I bought the UK version now, would I have to patch from the beginning, or is there a more recent release (with later revisions) being released? Is the version available on Amazon the UK version, or should I get it from the place Gogo recommended (which is listing the price in pounds btw. Does the conversion to dollars happen at checkout?). Sorry for the long list of questions but thanks in advance :).

Ok one more: Does it say on the box which version it is? I never noticed it on mine....

Edited by bhall238

AFAIK there is no difference in gameplay between the UK and US versions. The CE versions are a bit different as far as extras you receive in box. Other than that only difference is there are more players at this moment on the international servers.

More than likely the UK version will be 2.02, which means all patches/hotfixes out will have to be applied. There was a problem with latest patch (2.34) installing correctly but hopefully that has been fixed. If not there is a work-around for it. I can help guide you through that.

I'll let someone else recommend an online site as I haven't bought many games online.

I think Pevil's store sells online. I will try to get information from her.

[Added]

I sent her a PM in the SIF. Hopefully she will join us soon to give us ordering information.

Edited by Spock

Okay, thanks for the advice guys.

I went ahead and ordered the UK/International version from 365games.co.uk. Its taken weeks for stuff to get to me from the UK in the past, so hopefully I'll see you guys online some time in the new year.

Hhey slinky

I got the game from them in three days...but that was well before Christmas Rush. I actually need another copy and when I went to their stie, I think it said they were closed till december 28th or something?

:D

gogo