2007-2008-2009 movies

tomi

What do you think? Are the newest movies are the best which human hands ever made?

Or do you like the older ones perhaps? Or both? Which is the best?

P.S I think newest is waaaay not better. :)

bweh. new films and old films are totally diffrent. though I like some new ones and some old ones. form the new ones I like LOTR. For example. And ofc Ringu (Japanese The Ring).

From old ones my favourite of all favourites is Nosferatu (made in 1922). Silent film with awesome atmosphere. Most incredible feeling is when you realise how old it is and that all those places are completely diffrent, all those people died long time ago, so it's like journey to a completety diffrent world.

Awesome.

And most of new films dont have that atmosphere. Something similiar has The Time Machine from 2002, but it's just not the same.

Edited by TelariTurunen

It Happened One Night - Clark Gable, Claudette Colbert. From the 1930's (1934). Best romantic comedy ever.

Won Oscar for Best Actor (Gable), Best Actress (Colbert), Best Director (Frank Capra) and Best Picture.

That didn't happen again until 1975 and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Jack Nicholson, Louise Fletcher, Milos Forman

It all depends on what I am in the mood for today's movies. have a certain flare to them but are loosing a lot of sight of what made movies "movies".

Sure all the special effects are nice but the story lines are going to crap fast. Some not all new movies are like that. But to be honest it wasn't the special effect that I go to see. I still end up watching my old John Wayne and Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Now those are movies with a story line and action who could ask for more.

Really depends. I can enjoy movies like the new Batman flicks (they're soooo dark, I love it) but an anime classic like Akira, or movies like Reservoir Dogs, Braveheart, or Pulp Fiction are pretty damn cool as well. Hve to say that I like Tarantino's Grindhouse movies a lot too, they really have a nice atmosphere and it's awesome how they alternate between old, black & white, and new times.

The only movie I have in my collection of which I will never understand the craze surrounding it, is Scarface. Now that's one pretty boring and pretty predictable movie.