Long time no smell...

Wow, it's been a while...

So merry Christmas, happy new year and happy birthdays to all I missed !

The last couple of months have been very hectic to say the least, but I'm settled again now in a new job... My previous job just got outa hand ! I worked daytime and nighttime without any overtime pay or additional leave or even a handshake ! Then suddenly I get an offer out of the blue with a 50% salary increase - it took me about 5 minutes to accept, and suddenly when I resigned, my old company jumped into action with various counter offers - too little too late... So here I am back in COBOL development again... but with a totally better future waiting ! The only downside is traveling time - I used to spend about 15mins tops to get to work, and now it's about an hour on the road... nasty yes, but it also gives me some alone time if I can manage to contain my road rage !

So what's new ?

Well, I received my copy of Sacred2 Collectors Edition (Thanks Carolyn !) in the post and drove back home as fast as my car and traffic would allow. Then uninstalled and deleted plenty to make space for the huuuuge installation and ..... my pc is too slooooooow to manage the game - even at the lowest gfx settings. Not totally unplayable, but I'd rather wait to get the full experience rather than playing it with tears in my eyes - I'm still in tears writing about it ! So the box is there, lying and waiting - unfortunately, I can't spare all my extra cash on new pc just yet... but soon my precious, soooooon. Hopefully in time to join you all online before the craze is over, but if it's anything like S1, I guess I have about another 3 years to get a splendid gaming pc ?!? I really hoped that my new job would supply me with a laptop strong enough to handle Sacred 2, but alas... 64Mb onboard gfx is not gonna cut it...

So my only real experience with the game is the Sacred 2 game music CD - really wierd to sit in my car and listen to game music ! The opening theme song is great but the rest is... well... game music - not really something that I sit and hum at the office...

On the games front things have been quiet for me in general - I've not had as much time over Christmas to sit and play as I intended, 'cause my leave was canceled when I resigned. So my spare time was spent catching up with Heroes S3 the Starwars Clone wars animated series.

Nothing much else to report... my kid is almost a year old now and likes to say "Tatta" (bye), while waving, for basically every event... So I guess that's gonna be her nickname.

Edited by Scleameth

Scleameth, wow. Long time indeed! :)

Awh that's so sad. Listening to the game CD in the car being the closest you can get to playing. :ninja: But 64MB on board... Your poor computer, haha. It would be awesome to see you on the Sacred 2 servers Scleameth and I can assure you it's just as fun as S1. If not more... Beautiful design, wicked item mods, cool Combat Arts and animations. Need I go on? ^^ So which regional version did you get Scleameth?

Too funny about your little one saying "Tatta". I can just imagine it. :P

P.s.

Gratz on the offer and better work place!

Oh the days of COBOL programming! I'm a little bit envious of your position. Gratz on the new job!

Sacred 2 is amazing. You can experience it by going to youtube and playing the videos there... closest thing to memorex... err.. I mean real life.

Cheers

Frost

Beautiful design, wicked item mods, cool Combat Arts and animations. Need I go on? ^^ So which regional version did you get Scleameth?

awww now you've gone and made it worse ! :cry:

I guess it's the UK version - remember the days in the SIF when Mirko was still around ? Well, there was a thread of guessing the title of Sacred 2 and the winner would get a copy of Sacred 2... well, Carolyn made that promise come true and sent a copy over here to SA !! Sheesh, it's the ultimate let down not being able to play the game :cry::cry::cry:

There's just so many things that's gonna tap my wallet for the next couple of months, so a new pc will have to wait a while...

The darnest thing here at my new job is that I'm restricted to browsing and downloading... and youtube is on the list of no-no's - so I can't even see some clips !

Wow - had a look at the member list yesterday and I see DM has tons of new 'ens !! Great !

Welcome back Scleameth...oh great mighty maker of sigs... great seeing you here again on the boards! You and your surprises. Once you come back with a baby, and now with a spanking brand new job ^^ Good to hear that your life is good and putting a smile on your face. And what a dissapointment it must have been for Sacred 2. I think a lot of peeps were surprised at how much horse power this game takes to run...and it can even make high end systems sweat as well. Scleameth, I'm pretty sure the game's going to be here for a while, and with that the requisite darkmatters funnesses. Maybe when you get the game going by then the servers will have been merged and we can all join up together.

Keep safe, keep finding those lucky balls to hit.

As they say in babydom... tata!

:cry:

gogo