How is your Sacred 2 running?

For those looking to upgrade RAM is probably the best thing to upgrade first. :P

In a lot of cases perhaps an operating system that can actually recognize that much RAM might be first :)

Hehe. :)

Yes but even going from 1-2 GB to 4GB would make a substantial difference.

It's been over a week since I made the changes to my settings and I have been playing a lot. I have not had one "game client has stopped working" error. I still don't know what it means but I am thinking it had something to do with video memory getting overloaded and causing the game to crash. But that's the opinion of a not very computer savvy guy talking :). My specs were listed a few posts up; any thoughts on this?

Lately after playing a good bit (maybe a couple of hours at a stretch) I see just the town/portal symbols when I press the "M" key or the map icon at the bottom right of the screen. The game is still visible for the rest of the screen. This is not happening when I first start playing. Is my laptop haunted or does this sound heat or memory related? Thanks :agreed:.

Tim, have you tried updating your motherboard's bios? IIRC, I updated mine & it then let me go up to a 1333MHz bus cpu (which was nice).

E8400

2Gig 667MHz DDR2 ram

BFG 8800GT 320Meg (good value for money, ie, relatively cheap without skimping too much on performance)

SB Live :agreed: (yes, I've had this for a bit over 10 years)

Win XP 32 bit :)

Sacred 2 runs fine full screen with all settings at max, no AA & no weather (I hate the pause I used to get while it loaded the weather). I'd have to reduce some of the settings to medium to get it to run as smoothly windowed. The only times it slows down regularly is when I cast a combo of Firey Ember & Charged Grid with a large number of mobs (then cast Flamethrower, while T-energy Shroud & Battle Aura buffs are running) & it randomly slows down due to Battle Aura, but alt-tabbing out & back in again fixes that. Zooming in/out through the fountain on the MP start island can lag majorly if I happen to stop zooming in the wrong place.

I've pretty much decided to wait for a year or two & then buy a totally new system (possibly even replacing the case, given the nice one that Jonny got) & get a boat-load of ram & a 64bit OS.

• 2 months later...
Hello all,

Here are my specs:

i7 Intel 2.67 processor HT

GFORCE GTX 295

3G DDR3 Ram

P6T Deluxe X58 1366 ATX Motherboard

Running max res and max graphic settings. Getting 30-40 fps. Still annoyed that after playing for a couple of hours this game will bring my system to its knees and say "WHO's YOUR DADDY" .......err umm I meant to say the fps will drop to between 1-5 especially when I get around water. Any fixes for this besides re-starting and or running the file clean up? Also had to turn the rain off, man anything to do with water seems to make this game run like a slide show.

Thanks

I don't understand all these specs...

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.8ghz (~3.906ghz w/ Zigma HSF) (37.32.32.32 IDLE) (59.59.60.58 12 hour orthos stress test)

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Mobo

8gb (4x2gb) Mushkin Redline PC-8000 5-5-5-10

1x500gb Seagate (game+OS installed)

ATI Sapphire/Radeon 4890 1gb

ummm... coolermaster centurion 590.. ?

errr.. 2x120mm fans + aftermarket HS + 120mm scythe Fan...

other random things that which make this a good system.

I play elite gfx textures, max quality, 1280 x 1028 75hz, v-sync forced (Gawd I hate screen tearing), High Quality Sound on a 2.1 altec Lansing system... errr.. 4xAA + CCC set to 12x Edge Detect CFAA and of course 16x Ani...

long and the short of it is, I play between 38-52FPS. very rarely will it drop below 35fps. using FRAPS.

When I see a $700 video card (295 GTX) ... a $600 i7 proc, DDR3 ram, you would expect your rig would conquer, and save a lil more for later.

total cost on this thing is a little over 1600 before MIR.

However... I originally picked up a $150 EVGA 250GTS .. didnt realize it was a 9800GTX... with the new physX software. When I took the card back.. cause it sucked... and picked up the 4890 I had to reinstall. I miss those blowing leaves, and intense storm casts.

I'm not slagging.. just.. confused.

I love this game, Sacred 2. sometimes will play it for 8+ hours straight. My hardcore level 47 Highelf just bit the dust... I had over 400 potions :thumbsup: wasn't paying attention. cant wait to play it online!

My PC setting:

AMD Phenom II X4 920 (2,8 GHz, 8 MB, socket AM2+)

ASUS M3A78-T - AMD 790GX

Sapphire HD 4890 1 GB

Patriot DDR II 1066 MHz 2x2 GB

Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB SATA II

Everything runs great, sometimes in big cities slowing down, but at maximum! This is my second PC, the oldest one was only:

AMD Sempron X64 4000+

some MSI motherboard

Sapphire x1650 128 MB

some DDR 800 MHz 2x1 GB

Seagate 180 GB SATA II

At this one, with resolution 1440x900 at minimum all locations, in bigger cities 10FPS, terrible..

I used the better quality enhanced pack, but without any progress in picture quality.

Jetway JHA07 Ultra

4 gigs g.skill DDR800

Athlon 64 X2 5000 (2.6)

Onboard sound

Diamond 4670 1 gig

Seagate Barracuda 7200 250 gig

Not sure about the FPS but can check tonight. I try not to look at this--it's running smoothly.

I usually run all settings high with weather enabled, no AA and no vsync. I drop down to low settings for the kami.

Been having some issues in the past week. Had my first stuck toon last night and had my second total freeze as well.

Well... My specs:

AMD Sempron 3600+

4 GB Ram DDR 800

512 MB video card GeForce GT8500

80+160 GBs, 2 HDD

The game runs rather well, but near the Miazma boss, Raging nimbus and such I get a severe frame rate drop. Same goes when Kat spawned 6 BT's... I guess I need a new processor.

^^ I think your GeForce needs upgrade only.

My specs:

E8400 3000MHz @ 4050 MHz

Asus Maximus Formula @ (Rampage Bios)

2x2GB Geil Evo One 4-4-4 800 MHz @ 5-5-4 1080 MHz

320GB Samsung 16MB Cache (soon SSD)

GeForce 8800 GT 512MB Default.

I can play on Elite, no AA, no Grass, no Shadows. Frame drop at 40 sometimes and I have capped to 55FPS (max 60).

No lag, no nothing... (only crashes :thumbsup: )

Edited by Spyrus