Enemies spawning on MP Start Island

Well this is a bit of a warning as well as a call for help. I have no idea how many people have experienced this already but it really needs some attention. So first off the warning.

In Multiplayer we're all familiar with the Island that we appear on when entering the game and see it as a safe place to be. As it should be seen naturally but it's not entirely true. The Ker godspell has been a danger on the MP Island but there is another new danger. When enemies suddenly appear on the MP Island.

4 times I have seen this happen and the most recent time meant the death of my Closed HC character. It was only level 11 so no worries there. Thank god it wasn't something like 100+...

I have a guess and a fact to go along with this bug and what I'm asking the community here to do is to offer up any experiences and clues as to why this might be happening and what could possibly be causing it. With some help I might be able to come up with some solid info to report a bug with. I hope!

Alrighty so here it is... In my experience it has:

happened on a server that has been running for a long time non stop, 3-7 hours.

The enemy spawn entered the MP Island as a player entered the game. (In fact I think it was specifically that a player quickly exited/re-entered server)

So be careful when you leave your character on the MP Island. You'll be at risk of this occuring to you. Consider some other safer place to leave your character like the underground cave of portals on MP Island.

The one that got his TG was a level 20 Goblin Archer.

My first thought was someone inadvertently brought the Goblin with him as he teleported from Orc Lands to Start Isle. Just like in S1 where you could bring children to isle if they were chasing you as you teleported. But if I remember correctly, no one was in Orc Lands nor was around the right level to spawn a level 20 Goblin in that game.

Yesterday I also had a skeleton champion follow me to MP Island, he could attack us and what is worse he was un-targettable. I had used instill belief on him, and I think that bugged him to remain as a 'companion', though he was still able, and did, try to kill us. Fortunately, it was SC. Interestingly, he remained in that state even when I teleported around several times and I only got rid of him by re-logging.

They need to put more rigourous game checks in place when teleporting. Furthermore, Ker should only attack the caster, and not allies.

Edited by Coruskane
  • 3 weeks later...