Sacred 2 - Easter Eggs or External pop-culture references

I like the analysis, it's connecting to the game history. I've made a new page called Table of elements. Does anyone have a pic of these statues in a cave in English please?

As well, now looking for the Blind guardian Fan shop... must have it! :lol: Does anyone know where it is, or can get us a pic?

:)

gogo

Yes to both.. I got a special photoshopped pic (PaintShop Pro'ed actually, but Photoshop is the one that became the verb...) with all 4 guardian's names on em - in English - at the same time.

The Blind Guardian fan shop is right outside the venue where they play - which is due south of Sonnenwind. Simply exit Sonnenwind by way of the south exit, hang a left toward the beach and follow the beach down a short ways.

4Guardians.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet, adding it in now... I also just did the Frank Zappa page which is apparently related to a quest in the desert. Don't know where in the desert it is, and I don't think the quest has been written up yet, but the page is up and we can add to it later.

Anyone have a pic of the Shop ?

:lol:

gogop

Awesome Loco!

I have just created all the new pages in the Wiki for Blind Guardian Fan Shop, Soccor and Noble Gases. Chattius had done a remarkable writeup on the Summer of 2006 soccor spirit finding it's way into the game, I tried to keep his feel and spirit as much as possible, will probably go back to his story later in the Soccor section to later as well.

Could you please move your pics and info into the new pages?

You can use Wiki bucket to more you pix into directly for hosting.

Cheers!

ggoo

Loco your pix turned out Amazing!

I especially love the pic of the Blind Guardians Fan Shop:

BlindguardianGiftShop.jpg

New Pages are now in for :

soccor

Blind Guardian Fan Shop

Noble Gases

Wolfie, and Loco, I did some work on thumbnailing theimages as well, so that we have a funs size that has better initial landing punch than a regular thumbnail, but is easier peoples' browser

We have two soccor balll pix, anyone got pix of where the rest are? So far Germans have found at least

7 ^^

gogo

Just a side note referring to the pop culture aspect of things in the game. Have you noticed that the mobs in the game frequently either quote lines from various movies or say things indicating they know they are characters in a game? For example, frequently heard in Tyr Lysia : "To the pain" is a reference to the hero's line in his showdown with the villian in The Pricess Bride. A character in Tim Allen's Galaxy movie says something along the lines of being a red shirt (Star Trek reference) and an extra to be killed off; in the game the line is "I knew I was just an extra". Another favorite in Tyr Lysia is "I know where you parked your car, player". Another thread already mentioned the Dryad's reference to the Highlander movies. So how many movies are referenced in the game?

Edited by rnarchlord

"I know where you parked your car, player"

Don't know if this is related: In german soccer stadiums you often hear the fans singing:

"Schiri, wir wissen wo dein Auto steht -fahr Bus und Bahn, fahr Bus und Bahn"

"Referee, we know were you parked your car - drive bus and train, drive bus and train"

Schiri is short for Schiedsrichter = referee.

Edited by chattius
"I know where you parked your car, player"

Don't know if this is related: In german soccer stadiums you often hear the fans singing:

"Schiri, wir wissen wo dein Auto steht -fahr Bus und Bahn, fahr Bus und Bahn"

"Referee, we know were you parked your car - drive bus and train, drive bus and train"

Schiri is short for Schiedsrichter = referee.

it is not exactly a soccer ball but it may definitely be a soccer reference!

P.S. I just noticed my avatar's color go with the Halloween skin!

Edited by rnarchlord
The hunt for soccer balls continues... we have three.. we know there are at least seven...

Where they be!

gogo

I can't really take credit for the three I posted, (only for the picture :D ). I found them based on posts here and the Pictures chattius linked. If I could see pics of the seven the German's found I can probably find them and take more pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Geeze.. Looks like we're gonna need an Axe Detailer for all them balls... :)

For those who haven't seen it yet... Note the large bag of soccer balls at about 1:38...

But on another note... I think I may have found another egg... A very subtle and not so obvious egg... I do believe I found Spartacus..!

Ok.. So there you are, taking the path of the dark side, and you make it to the Broken Lance Tavern - where you pick up the initial Undead Legion quest. In the back, there's a guy who has some escaped slaves and he needs you to round up 10 of the shackles - to teach the buggers a lesson.

If you play on the light side, you go out and find the 10 guys standing around and they will offer the 10 shackles for their freedom. You go back, and the guards attack you because one of them saw you let the humans go - and there's no blood on any of the shackles.

BUT... If you play the dark side... You go out, you hunt 'em down, and bring them back to Brutus Plutocratio, the slave owner/trader. After you've brought them back and he gives you your payment, the guards go on the offensive. After you've wiped them out, Brutus will tell you:

"That was Spartus Spartacio. What an ungrateful Human! I had him trained as a bodyguard, but what does he do?...."

Anybody got any thoughts on this? Should it get a page of it's own? Or get stuffed onto the Misc page?

Edited by wolfie2kX
I think misc. personally...not really detailed enough for its own page.

Hmm.. Ya think? We've got other pages that are just as weak. The Britney the Bard statue is just as tenuous... I've even got pics for it.. And video even:

Edited by wolfie2kX

This is a good line of question, because I've often thought about it myself. My take on this is... Easter Eggs, to a degree, are personal. Of course, there must be a certain degree of public resonance... a "meme" so to speak...but the level of enjoyment is distinct.

I am thinking that there is actually nothing that stops us from making a delicious egg page for every single reference in the game...all the vague grave inscriptions, jokes... why not?

The only thing that stops us is contributor interest and dazzle ability.

Contributor interest is a driving part of wiki content as it shapes and creates content, with the dazzle factor being a contributor's own ability to share their vision with another reader in a way that is entertaining as well as enlightening.

I guess what I'm saying is that if a Wiki contributor wants to create an Egg page from something they see in the game, and think they have enough to "dazzle" or create "mirth" with readers with...then I'm good with that.

Course, there should be a level of agreement on the fact that the reference actually exists first..but once agreed-upon... how little or how much of the egg yolk there is to scrape up for the page isn't that much of a breaker for me...it's how good the egg page reads and looks when it's put together.

Wolfie, if you can reference spartacus factually, ... I would say you have the choice (If you don't feel like creating a whole Egg Page) of either putting it in Assorted or making it's own page...and who knows... maybe one day, years from now, with thousands of wiki contributors later...all the assorteds may even have their own beautiful little pages.

:)

gogo

This is a good line of question, because I've often thought about it myself. My take on this is... Easter Eggs, to a degree, are personal. Of course, there must be a certain degree of public resonance... a "meme" so to speak...but the level of enjoyment is distinct.

I am thinking that there is actually nothing that stops us from making a delicious egg page for every single reference in the game...all the vague grave inscriptions, jokes... why not?

Contributor interest is a driving part of wiki content as it shapes and creates content, with the dazzle factor being a contributor's own ability to share their vision with another reader in a way that is entertaining as well as enlightening.

I guess what I'm saying is that if a Wiki contributor wants to create an Egg page from something they see in the game, and think they have enough to "dazzle" or create "mirth" with readers with...then I'm good with that.

Course, there should be a level of agreement on the fact that the reference actually exists first..but once agreed-upon... how little or how much of the egg yolk there is to scrape up for the page isn't that much of a breaker for me...it's how good the egg page reads and looks when it's put together.

Wolfie, if you can reference spartacus factually, ... I would say you have the choice (If you don't feel like creating a whole Egg Page) of either putting it in Assorted or making it's own page...and who knows... maybe one day, years from now, with thousands of wiki contributors later...all the assorteds may even have their own beautiful little pages.

:sick:

gogo

Works for me... Btw.. How DO you insert a YouTube video into a Wiki page? Images aren't a problem, Ogg files don't seem to be an issue - but there doesn't seem to be a means to easily embed a video into a wiki page...

:sick:

gogo

Works for me... Btw.. How DO you insert a YouTube video into a Wiki page? Images aren't a problem, Ogg files don't seem to be an issue - but there doesn't seem to be a means to easily embed a video into a wiki page...

Its a bit tough without HTML skills. (which I don't have!) look at the stalone T-energy egg and copy the code, then replace the Youtube link with one of your own.

Yeah it's a pain. lol, even I get jixxed by it, and have to pm Loco to ask if he can put in a video embed for me :sick:

I promise we'll have some bb code up for youtube by the end of this weekend, I"m not sure why we don't have it...probably because we only had game videos before, and we have the Wiki YOutube site where the videos are.

:P

gogo

Its a bit tough without HTML skills. (which I don't have!) look at the stalone T-energy egg and copy the code, then replace the Youtube link with one of your own.

Ah.. Mega-DOH! Should have thought of that. I used the soccer one instead. Either way - the deed is done.

Yeah it's a pain. lol, even I get jixxed by it, and have to pm Loco to ask if he can put in a video embed for me :sick:

I promise we'll have some bb code up for youtube by the end of this weekend, I"m not sure why we don't have it...probably because we only had game videos before, and we have the Wiki YOutube site where the videos are.

:P

gogo

OK.. Should be simple enough... Just use Loco's solution. Worked for me.. Spartacus is now up in all his glory.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Spartacus