PowerPyx gets his own weapon

Wasn't Lord Wayne from the old Sacred? I remember that I think... and you're right, I bet a ton of these names must have some cool meaning... now I'm curious and maybe this could even be documented.

Are they devs, gfs, mods, admins...lol, there must be some cool stories of where the names have come and are coming from

:P

gogo

Ah the great Pyx now has his own weapon to defeat bad dudes with. Much deserved and congratulations to him! That is one of the greatest praises that can be offered by the Ascaronie gods. :P I haven't personally picked up any others with names from the community but occasionally I find one and wonder... I know how Ascaron likes to switch the letters of a player's name around and then apply it to a weapon. ^^

Oh boy, I get to make you guys ANOTHER LIST!

Here are a few that immediately jumped out...

Kayser's Luck

Benny Kayser - one of the level designers

Michel's Forging hammer

I bet this was named after quest designer Michel Dumont.

Unlockable hammer "Parmiter's Justice"

Ascaron Employee, Helga Parmiter - English Localization Manager/Lead (She sure must know her German to English idiomatic phrases!)

Stradal's Hammer

Named after concept artist Frederike Böckem-Stradal OR possibly "Core Team Additional" Franz Stradal. It's probably Franz since he's involved in the Empty Office quest.

The Grunwald Region

Grunwald's Token of Madness

Grimwald's Guardian

All of these look to be named after the game's assistant producer, Christian Grunwald.

Ilgard's Judgement

Kullgard's Taskwatch

I am
CERTAIN
the set is named after Peter Kullgard, the Project Manager* for Sacred 2. As for the pole arm, well that's pretty obvious.

What made me believe this is that back when Sacred2.com had pictures of some of the Ascaron employees hidden on the site, the picture of Peter had a file name like "Illgard".

*This will probably sound mushy; but major respect on my part goes towards him. Not only do I aspire to hold such a position, but my dream job is to be a PM for Final Fantasy [insert number here], some day.

Edited by Cthulhu

Good job Cthulhu!

That is fantastic information. I'm running out door soon for sat groceries, but when I get back we'll open up a page for info like this on the wiki. It's akin to Easter Egg, but slightly different I think.

How'd you find all this stuff out?

Great read!

gogo

Good job Cthulhu!

That is fantastic information. I'm running out door soon for sat groceries, but when I get back we'll open up a page for info like this on the wiki. It's akin to Easter Egg, but slightly different I think.

How'd you find all this stuff out?

Great read!

gogo

Thank you Gogo :mafia: (You never responded to my PM btw)

As for how I came across all of this... let's just say...

I have an attention deficit disorder. :viking:

But seriously... I have an odd habit of noticing very small details. In fact, I can see a lot more of the name, item correlations by just glancing over the credits in the back of the game manual. It think it is kind of fun. Like you said, it's like an easter egg, but on a whole different level.

Edited by Cthulhu

Wicked stuff dude! You make nice lists Cthulhu. It'll be nice to see a great big list of items named after folks who have given so much to the awesomeness of Ancaria. :P