Benefits of Hardcore?

I am fairly new to Sacred 2 as I have only just got on top of my Uni work and managed to upgrade my computer enough to play it. I'm having a bit of trouble getting online cos someone is already using the key I have on the book, but as soon as that's sorted I will be.

I was just wondering though, what are the benefits of playing Hardcore? Obviously only playing single player, I'm not so much limited, as reluctant to pour lots of time into a character, only to have it die and then lose all that work. I mean I have a fairly strong SW that died for the first time tonight at lvl42, and I was gutted that I'd let that happen.

Are the rewards greater, more experience? Or are the items better? Or is it just cosmetics for the achievement that is completing the game on Hardcore?

Thanks for any feedback.

Nothing really

Except a great experience. An awesome community (if you play closed mp that is)

the feeling and pride you get when you're closing in on the final levels without dying :)

It's all about survival really.

Number one benefit is tha danger buzz. In a non HC type gameplay I feel like I'm just "going through the motions" without any kind of purpose. As soon as I hit HC though I suddenly feel a purpose. To protect mah *** and run for tha hills! Haha. Been doing it for years and it has never become boring. The buzz of nearly dieing in battle adds a tremendous amount of value to the game for me. Even dieing itself has great value. I think HC has developed some very noble values which transcend the game world and into real life. Maybe?

HC is a great way to make you proud of the build you've created. In SC, you die, lose your SB, and, well... so what, the resurrection shrine is right around the corner. HC mode, you care about your character.

Losing your character is painful, especially to bugs. And I've lost'em both to my own actions and glitches. But my characters journeys before they died more than made up for their loss.

Ultimately, the satisfaction I have in my current character is not something I could get in SC.

Edited by Mystic
HC is a great way to make you proud of the build you've created. In SC, you die, lose your SB, and, well... so what, the resurrection shrine is right around the corner. HC mode, you care about your character.

Losing your character is painful, especially to bugs. And I've lost'em both to my own actions and glitches. But my characters journeys before they died more than made up for their loss.

Ultimately, the satisfaction I have in my current character is not something I could get in SC.

Fair enough. Thanks guys... maybe I'll try it!