Map or quest order

I still consider myself very new to this game so I am sure from time to time I will post about things that many of you know. After advice about where to look for set items in another post (thanks Schot :))I finally found the White Griffon with my level 52 SW. I wish I had known to go west first when I started playing this game. The monsters in this area are such a low level, even the White Griffon had a white circle underneath. So far, I have only done him once and gotten a set piece for an Inquisitor. I don't remember the name or level of it at the moment but if nothing else I can save these set items for younger players. I may run him a few more times if set pieces keep dropping.

But I guess the real purpose of this post is to ask the question: is it always best to fully explore the western part of the map first because the monster level is so low in that location? Is there a particular route to take to keep the monster level in the location you are in closer to your character level?

You should take a look at wiki and check out the levels of monsters in each area. The highest in the elven lands (from the monastery where the white griffon is to teadrop hamlet and all the way up to the mountains) in silver difficulty is 40, if I recall correctly. You won't do well with a 52 level char there, since both XP and drops will be pitiful.

Generally, I would suggest to get a few levels and try to change the difficulty (I think 60 was platinum for online play), if you play online, or do a difficulty rush if you play Single Player. This will make the opponents in each area (even the starting one) have a more respectable level, compared to yours.

Edited by Dobri

Heya Bhall. A shame you didn't start on the Griffon sooner, hehe. In regards to the High Elf region you could travel from east to west. The list of max levels Dobri is talking about can be seen ->HERE<-. It provides a good estimate of enemy levels for each of the game difficulties. :) The next mini boss in terms of difficulty to fight would be the Raging Boar

In "Free" he can be farmed. In a campaign, he will only be there until defeated once.

Ah yes. Very important that. :D

The monster levels will broadly follow the campaign, so High Elf region would be the easiest & the Wastelands the hardest (HE -> Human -> Orc -> seraphim/tunnels -> Marsh -> Desert -> Jungle -> Dryad islands -> Wastelands).

I'm not at all sure if anyone will ever have the energy to take part in such a task, but this topic gave me an idea - it'd be interesting to see if someone could pull together an "Efficient Questing" guide.

Sadly though, I think it'd be better to wait until the next update to do such a thing. Too much is prone to being enhanced ATM, if you ask me.