Breaking down - Looking to buy Sacred 2

Well Vampie and I were watching Schot's vid on farming last night and........... well started talking about getting Sacred 2 yeah I know I said I probably would not. But truth be told. For how its set up it looks like it is a Nicely done game and the demo probably put a bad taste in my mouth for it. So now the question is what version to get. We have the option to but it now and play the US version. "OR" I can wait the aggonizing time and order the EU version. But my question is. If I got the US version is there the option to play with you guys. Or are they still working on that. Anyways it maybe a couple weeks before I order it so we can pay a couple bills and in the meantime this will give me the time to sit and weigh out my options. about with version to get. Looking forward to the info you guys can offer and hope to be raising hell with ya guys again real soon.

Cheers,

EM

I got both US & EU verisons.

And 99 % of all Sacred 2 players are in EU servers .

I would get EU version, since they say servers merge - but not when.

Might be next year or next decade for all I know :(

Besides theres so many cool players in EU :)

Been a long time since we ran the servers together, Evil. Same for Vampie. I've been putting off buying Sacred 2. The demo plays well enough on my rig but with all the money I've been spending lately, I've blown nearly $5000 since Early Feb.

I tried installing Underworld...but Vista....well it wouldn't even install.

If you guys start playing Sacred 2 I may come out of retirement a bit earlier.

Hey EM

The link to the site I gave you sent me the game in three days over the weekend.

And... EU's where most of us are at. Hope you guys get it!

:)

gogo

I think its getting more like 75% EU and 25% US.

I see more people playing on the US servers each time I log on.

Of coarse that depends a lot on the time zones. :viking:

I got both US & EU verisons.

I would get EU version, since they say servers merge - but not when.

Might be next year or next decade for all I know :)

Besides theres so many cool players in EU :viking:

There are two major problems for multiplayer:

1)The serial-keys stored are per region so they cannot merge servers

2)Dark and light campaign separated in two pieces all community

Well I guess its settled I'll end up getting the EU version. Sil I hope to see ya on the servers *HINT HINT* But as of right now we will be getting only 1 copy for the time being. Trying to save for a vacation to Montana so we can see my side of the family this year but at least we will have 1 copy where we both can play but taking turns lol. Oh well. Gotta do what ya gotta do. so hopefully in a couple weeks I will be back to killing baddies with ya guys Llama and Gogo.

1)The serial-keys stored are per region so they cannot merge servers

are you saying that the merge of EU,EE and US wont ever happen?

sorry, very offtopic.. just got a bit shcked. im very happy you are getting the game EM :viking:

Edited by Erling
Well I guess its settled I'll end up getting the EU version. Sil I hope to see ya on the servers *HINT HINT* But as of right now we will be getting only 1 copy for the time being. Trying to save for a vacation to Montana so we can see my side of the family this year but at least we will have 1 copy where we both can play but taking turns lol. Oh well. Gotta do what ya gotta do. so hopefully in a couple weeks I will be back to killing baddies with ya guys Llama and Gogo.

Great to hear! Even if you guys just get one, it'll be cool seeing you guys back in game.

hurry hurry hurry

:)

gogo

well I treid the demo again and its seems to be big time ram intensive and lags vampie's laptop is the full version the same or should I think about getting a new pc and holding off on Sacred 2. her laptop will run it but with some lag it seems. even with the settings turned all the way down

Does your system meet minimum specs Evil? Honestly... I would not suggest playing Sacred 2 to anyone who does not meet the Recommended specs.

Minimum

CPU:

* P4 2.6GHz/Athlon XP Class CPU or better

RAM:

* 1GB RAM

Video:

* 256MB VRAM Graphics Card that supports DirectX9.0c with Pixel Shader 2.0 (I.e.: Nvidia GeForce 6800, ATI Radeon X800)

(Note that it is possible, but not recommended, to run the game with a 128MB card that meets the other specs.)

Will not work on the following integrated graphics cards:

Intel 82810/82845/82852/82855GM&GME/82945G/845G/852/855/865G/900/910GML/915GM/925

ATI Radeon Xpress Series, ATI Radeon 9200 and earlier

Nvidia GF440MX and earlier

VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP (and other models), and the SIS (all scale)

Hard Drive:

* 20GB

Sound Card:

* DirectX Compatible Sound Card

Recommended

CPU:

* 2.0 GHz Dual Core or faster

RAM:

* 2GB RAM

Video:

* 512MB VRAM Graphics Card that supports DirectX9.0c with Pixel Shader 3.0 (I.e.: Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS or higher, ATI Radeon HD 3870 or higher)

Hard Drive:

* 25GB

It seems I meet all but 1 sys req I have a 1.8 GHz Athalon 64 x2 dual core processor. so I may be waiting till I get a new pc it looks like unless you think it can handle it

It seems I meet all but 1 sys req I have a 1.8 GHz Athalon 64 x2 dual core processor. so I may be waiting till I get a new pc it looks like unless you think it can handle it

you do meet the requirements over there :)

they ask for at least a 2.6 Ghz CPU, but then we're speaking of a single core.

tyhe recommended is a 2.0Ghz dual core CPU, so you won't be able to run it on high, but will surely be able to run it on medium or low.

My PC runs the game pretty well on the lowest settings. Sometimes my fps gets really low and all I have to do is reboot the system and it plays smooth again for hours. This computer is pretty old so if you think yours can't run the game just compare it to this and you might change your mind. :) Here are my stats:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 216MB used, 2244MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7800 GT

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.8206 (English)

/cheers

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Page File: 216MB used, 2244MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7800 GT

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver Version: 6.14.0011.8206 (English)

/cheers

I'm surprised you can run it with 1 Gig, if you can pick up another Gig of ram, that should help quite a lot (since windows won't have to use quite as much of the page file/virtual memory).