Armoured Mounts?

Hi Zandrama. I remember reading before that they were supposed to have items for the mounts, but near the end, it got canned. Who knows...maybe in a later patch?

Latest patch gave us Christmas...who knows what lies ahead.

:)

gogo

For what it's worth, the mount armor & saddles are still in the game's item blueprints file. And if you do the console command "print" and "hero"(Or something like that, just do "print" and after that do the one that says hero in it), it will tell you that you have an unused saddle slot. So it looks possible that they'll be back. :P

Well...they did a nice job...with the horses is all...and I liked the armoured one in Sacred 1....I don't really use my mounts much anyways...I just like the look of them...I would rather hoof it ...doesn't seem right leaving all that experience and gold and loot behind..if ya know what I mean?

Zandy

• 4 years later...

Well I'm pulling up this thread because I had a similar question based on something I saw in the manual that made me blink and rub my eyes in disbelief:

lbtdmFo.jpg

Yep, apparently they had planned on having armor/saddles for mounts, as well as a much more in-depth way to manage your horses and special mounts. It also looks they got so far along in development of these features that it actually made it into the manual. They must have pulled at the last minute. Or was this ever in any version of the game?

It's a real shame...seeing as how a lot of the framework is already there it would have been cool if someone could mod it back into the game. I almost completely forget the actual "Mount" tab in the Equipment window because it's so pointless, just a picture of your Mount with the same mouse-over info you already have elsewhere.

By the way, that’s page 20 of the PC manual of may 2009 release (at lest that’s what Last Modified data says for the PDF).

For those not in the know, this picture is a common failure when making manuals. Nowadays the manuals are often written during the active development of software so they are both ready for release at the same time. When new features are still being added to the product the already made manual needs updating. This often means redoing all out of date pictures. Nobody is going to make a new manual from scratch, so they continue the old one.

With a very busy stressful last minute schedule it’s completely possible to miss something this obvious. We are talking about a manual 64 pages long with a picture of a rarely looked at window.

We have the first 3 options in the game. I have no idea what “Revive speshal mount” is supposed to be. Give CPR to your Draconicon? And I’m not comfortable with the “Kill current mount” option, which probably just deletes it from the memory slot.

• Like! 1

They have/had killer art, details, and math. Thing was, they had so much creativity going on, a lot of the game wasn't finished, which CM Patch tried to get through to.

I forget how big this game was when shipped, many many gigs, game changer for a stand up, NOT subscription. off hand, can't think of anything else released like it at the time.

I remember looking forward to the different mounts, as the game is pretty much specced for mainstream playing that way with all skills from mount being available, and horses pretty much useless except for left hand builds.

Maybe one day in the future... a hack?

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

:o

My manual 's just the same, just checked it out, but IIRC (wich I doubt, since I have a permanent condition with memory leaks) there was an announcement, something like a last-minute addition that that page was "outdated" and the concept of mount-gear had to be scrapped

On a sidenote, this looks to be right in my backyard right now, maybe, if ever I get around finishing that exclusive mount freeing thingy, I could have a look at this "feature"

Hmm..

This game never has bugs. It just develops random features!