Enhanced Perception and/or Bargaining.

Greetings.

It seems to me these two skills are somewhat vague..in thier despription...and I thought maybe some of u veterins could shed a light for me.

My Enhanced perception...with rings and plus all skills and what not is roughly 95 ish at toon level 52...pretty much the same with bargaining.

This is what I do...and please correct me if I am wrong on this.

When I am out adventuring leveling and quests and such...my orb is set up with three EP plus ...currently 4 to EP...I have that working so it gives me a little more armor and 12 to EP.

Another section of the Orb has Bargaining Relics and 12 there...so before I sell or talk to a merchant I switch to that.

Now is this the most effective way...and....how does the magic find...enter in the picture...because all my slots are filled with plus to all skills.

Like do I need magic find equipment to compliment my EP or does EP work effectively by itself ...because if u see the definition of EP it does not mention finding magic items from drops except for the chance to open a second container on chests.

I think u know what I mean....its like I said...quite unclear...to me anyway.

Thanks

Zandy

Edited by gogoblender
  • 3 months later...

so I have a char with one and one with other, I am finding bargaining to net me alot better items both in drops from bosses and from shops of course.

my question is does enhanced perception not really kick in until mastery ?

wiki says it works all the time but I just dont see it that much. (currently level 26 base and 94 with bonuses)

bargaining, I simply have above double my level on my other char and am getting alot of nice items.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a high elf that is level 51 HE and her barganing is at 132 (with +57 all skills and a few general skills) she was finding good stuff at the shops until recently... I was doing the orc cave and all of the sudden all four of the orcs hit me with about 1100 damage twice at the same time so I couldnt get my potions drank in time. She did havea survival bonus of about 89% now she has 22%.

My question is: what affect does the suvival bonus have on your character in regaurds to drops and things you find at shops?

Also this is a little off topic but if someone does reply to this I have another question that maybe you may have the answer to... it would seem that everytime I put more all skill stuff on (like adding to the +57) her combat arts drop in damage. now I have not eaten but one ruin in each combat art, becasue I was under the impresion that it was not needed until much higher levels (so most of the build guids suggest). Her regen times are great (0.1 for fireball and 0.3 for the rest off the tree) so she can make up for damage by casting them so fast. I dont wanna eat ruins in fear of changing armor and lossing my regen times. so what I'm getting at is, is there a way to raise my combat art damage with out sacrificing regen times too much becase I love to cast about 6 temtest waves all over the screen and mow mobs down. it would seem that now in gold it is not enough :( and I KNOW in platnium and beyond it WILL NOT be enough... Help is much appriciated! :P

in regards to the debate over bar. or EP. I have wanted to build a sara buyer. but have not been able to get past giving up a stat slot. If I was to give up even one of the mains, plus having to have a primary to recieve bargaining anyway. I have a feeling that it would be harder to level it evenly. I realize that this might be noobie problem, but it's one I have yet been able to get past.

I have noticed that when I created my HE shopper, she was getting more items for dryad, and Inquisitor more often then not. and my dryad shopper find more TG and SW items. is this a glitch. or is this a regular thing for the game.

so...that just leaves me with making a sara shopper

Any suggestions would be helpfull on what to replace, so as to add bargaining and still be effective during gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

dryad PS3

I have read the merits of both and both sound quite nice

in order to have an uber build for me and the little mrs and have good survivability and major loot, which skill should I pick if I were to choose only one?

thanks

:thumbsup: