Concentration Skill

Anyone have any idea why I cannot put up three buffs now....after this patch.

My concentration is 102....I am wondering if they have made it a hard 75 now....no rings or ammies or sockets?

Zandy

Correct.....you can no longer gain Masteries by soft lvls( Skill lvls from equip). Now each mastery is only unlocked if you assign 75 skill points (Hard lvls)

Correct.....you can no longer gain Masteries by soft lvls( Skill lvls from equip). Now each mastery is only unlocked if you assign 75 skill points (Hard lvls)

Raaaaats!lol

Ok am only gonna forgive them cause they gave me all these sets.

Does that include bargaining and EP?

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

Wow! I never knew that...what a goose I am.

I always thought that the 75 skill points had to be hard points.

Guess I never got a toon to a high enough level to check. :)

Stubbie - Not all Masteries could be gained by soft points (before patch) So don't feel bad if you didn't know. Actually not knowing probably helped you. Several people relied on them and massive amounts of +skill items. Right now those characters (many over level 100) are seriously gimped. There are a couple threads by peeps on SIF complaining about the plight of their toons, glad I'm not one of them :D

Ok...just a bit confused...here...maybe someone can shed a light on this for me.

Here goes...My toon is at level 55.

I took all armor off...no rings ammies just bare bones.

Now my concentration skill is at level 10...so u trying to tell me...if I focused on getting just my concentration back to level 75 it would take me aprox..10 or so levels I would be level 65 before that skill is mastered.

'Is that why The lettering color...of the Words..."At level 75 Concentration Master" is in RED?

Now on to a similair matter.

Remember no armor rings or ammies or weapons just bare bones.

My Arrant Pyromancer Lore is currently at level 46

Damage +130.1 %

Chance for Critical hits +10.2 %

Execution Speed +26 %

My Arrant Pyromancer Focus is currently level 22

Regeneration Time -43.5 %

Highest level Skill without Penalty 25

Ancestral Fireball level 33.6

Regen Time 6.2 s

Damage 1300-1300

Ok wheres my penalty?

Where does it tell me ?

I am currently over on my fireball by 8.6

What penalty are we talking about here...sheesh I am so confused on this issue.

I am only 55 right now and don't want to be in the same boat as those dudes u are talking about... so am going to fix it now.

Thanks

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

Yes by level 65 you could invest enough points, however you also have to remember that you cannot put more points into a skill than your current level, so you need to gain 20 levels before you get a mastery.

The penalty in question:

Max Level without penalty: 25

vs

Current level: 33.6

I suspect that if you look on the tooltip for Fireball it will say "Runes Read: ~45-50" (I'm not sure of precise numbers there)

The penalty is that once you reach said max level, each rune/+CA will give you less than your full benefit. Instead of getting +1, you'll get +0.8, then 0.6, 0.4... etc etc etc (not a linear decrease but it's to show the idea).

Ok now we are getting somewhere..

New stats with all armor back on rings etc.

Arrant Pyromancer Focus.

level 117

Regen time -68.5%

Highest skill level without penalty 42

Ancestral Fireball level 48.1

Regen time 1.6s

Damage 3350

Still 6.8 High

Tool tip says.......Mem runes 51

So I take it adding another rune at this point is kinda a waste until I raise that figure...highest level without penalty...because like u said it may take me like 4 runes to gain one level...instead of just one rune to raise it a full level.

So in effect I should save them up...right?

Zandy

No, it just means you won't get the full benefit, it'll cost you more to get less. It's to keep you from getting massively high levels of CA at low levels.

Here's an interesting question.

let's say at one piont it's taking ten runes to get you one full level

Because you had to eat ten runes... do you get regen penalty x 10 as well as only getting one full level of that ca?

:D

gogo

Here's an interesting question.

let's say at one piont it's taking ten runes to get you one full level

Because you had to eat ten runes... do you get regen penalty x 10 as well as only getting one full level of that ca?

:D

gogo

OMG....what the heck are these game designers doing to us ...my head hurts thinking about this...lmao

And a comment on yer point...GOGO ...not getting mass amounts at low lvls...well monies not a problem now so I just trade one rune in...at a cost of 125,000..I can make double or triple that at my level in one run alone...but I get the point none the less.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

Yeah...if yer popping jewllery in and out of equipment....every few levels...starts getting over a mil to change it out lmao....they are't dummies are they...they don't want to make it too easy...lol

Zandy