Where did it go?

Based on some of the bug threads I've read here and the SIF, I would have to say that I am very lucky. Here I am with a mid range(lower mid range) box with integrated graphics and I can play the game flawlessly.

I had one problem this weekend, but it could have been lag. There is a quest where you talk to a wounded soldier and then take his companion to a cave to rescue some other soldiers. You know the one. Well this time, he did not lie down and clicking on him froze the game. Windows did not lock up and I could easily exit, but when I came back in I got the 'user already online' error. No problem.

Now last night I was running around with my two clubs, one doing ice damage and one socketed with a lava chunk was flaming nicely. After awhile I noticed that my attacks looked different. I quickly noted that I was only using one club. My other weapon, with lava chunk was gone.

Do weapons wear out?

It wasn't a great loss; both clubs are blue from bronze and I did slip into silver to get a couple of axes. But I like clubs better--just a style thing.

It seems the old problems are back again... Sometimes when you equip stuff it disappears during lag. I did lost a few items that way, but not as of patch 2.40... That's bad, Sil, sorry :)

Edited by Dobri
It seems the old problems are back again... Sometimes when you equip stuff it disappears during lag. I did lost a few items that way, but not as of patch 2.40... That's bad, Sil, sorry :)

Ahhh. So it is a known problem. Well at least it wasn't something really good. I think each club was doing about 50-54 of damage. I am finding a ton of nice staves and halberds--perhaps I should have taken longhandled weapons and dual-wielded two quarterstaves.

I thought that particular bug was only when swapping items? It sounds like you had both equipped (dual wield) and it was working fine for a bit. Maybe you accidentally clicked on weapon slot? I know I drink a pot every once in a while if I move cursor too far toward bottom of screen when exploring/fighting.

I thought that particular bug was only when swapping items? It sounds like you had both equipped (dual wield) and it was working fine for a bit. Maybe you accidentally clicked on weapon slot? I know I drink a pot every once in a while if I move cursor too far toward bottom of screen when exploring/fighting.

That's what I was thinking. I ran around looking for the weapon, but no luck.

I am always clicking mentor potions by accident.

I lost a non active bow once when fghting. I accidentally clicked on it and took it out of the slot, but was in such a firefight I figured I would pick it up after I finished. By then itwas gone. Items have a fixed lifetime on the ground, even if you are present.