Set a Guiness World Record, download Firefox 3 June 17th!

... You can pledge, in advance if you like. ...

I don't feel right about publishing my email address like this but I finally decided to join in. Hope they make such a high number that no one else (M$?) can come anywhere near breaking the record for many years to come.

I'm not a fan at all of giving my email addy...but in this case I donated a throw away one to the cause...I want something out there to give ms a run for the money... and this whole thing is so community oriented... love it

:twitch:

gogo

I jus got the email and went to the link provided for the download but it is NOT FF3, it is only FF 2.0.0.14 which has been out for some time. Wonder what is going on?

BTW, your initial link no longer works. I wonder if someone is simply trying to overload the FF Servers?

Edited by Spock

Ooooh boy am I gonna be busy... :P

Well it looks as though Firefox 3 does not want to play nice with darkmatters. After doing some searching it seems that any sort of transparency in a skin causes some severe lag in Firefox 3. :P

I just downloaded and installed firefox 3 as well. I'm encountering the same lag when scrolling down the forum's front page. Ahh, Schot sorry...I hope you'll be able to find the fix. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of lag as well with the new firefox on our forum?

:P

gogo

Ok, problem has been bandaged, heh. Checked out Mozilla's bug reporting system which helped a lot and also left some comments regarding this FF3 bug. Hopefully they will iron it out soon. In order to resolve the issue I've had to allow the background on the forum to scroll along with everything else. Very wierd... There's still a bit of tearing going on in FF3 when scrolling however. Not too visible but it's there.

Might be a bit too soon to make the switch to Firefox 3 I think. After spending a bit of time in Mozilla's bug reporting system it seems there is still quite a lot of work to do on FF3 it seems. Probably a good idea to stick with FF2 for at least another month.

Nice work with the quick fix. Schot to the rescue again!. lol, DarkMatters feels so weird with a fixed background...

The world has gone flat!

:badbad:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...