Sacred mode - Allows your toon to die and come back on a closed server?

I don't remember all the game modes anymore. Are there any SC experts here who can answer this? I'm wondering if it's possible to play on Sacred a mode that comes close to what is offered with Requiem.

I'm looking for secure servers so that peeps are assured that there is no cheating, but ALSO want there to be no absolute death penalty. Does Sacred offer this?

Or anything like it?

Thanks

:)

gogo

all I remember from my sc days was that it was up to the players involved to play ethically and adhere to agreed upon rules. I may be wrong, but think you can just host your own server, possibly with a password (can't recall if possible) and just boot those that don't play by the rules. is a bit of work getting the server to run through windows firewalls and every box in between pc and the internet. there are writeups out there, but basics are just opening up ports sacred server uses, then forwarding data to the correct machine in the network. could require a fixed ip on pc that hosts to make things easier if using dhcp.

I haven't played sc in a long time, but if I recall correctly, when you are on closed internet - e.g. Ascaron hosted, if you create an sc toon, it reanimates after death. Same security as HC, I believe.

The only problem is the sc toons share the same slots as hc, so every softcore uses up a potential hc position.

Edited by gial

Well, I guess at this point I can tell you guys the reason for me asking this. It first started off when Sacred 2 was announced...I was wondering how I was going to handle being able to get the main quest done, while meeting up with all you guys online. Hardcore's awesome. Nothing's ever beaten it for me, and it was the community that made it. Schot was actually able to dig the support part of his battle mage out of his love for playing with Community, and a ton of the builds and info that came out of this game had a lot to do with the community.

So yeah, community is nigh important. But this time around, I'm also interested in playing the Main Quest at least once, and seeing what all the Combat Arts can do. Playing in Requiem gave me and idea. Requiem was a ten percent loss for every death, that rewound yer toon's experience level all the way back to the beginning of your last level if you kept dying often enough. I thought it was a fair penalty, and it kept my heartbeat going when my toon's level got high enough that a death began to mean something...specially when you have to grind so much.

So, it got me thinking to see if Sacred had any other game modes that offered:

1-Honest and real accomplishments by playing in secured servers.

2- A lustre offered by an honest level

3-Online capacity to meet up with all the clan

4-Penalties for deaths to keep me interested

5- Nothing so harsh as a complete death which would have wiped out all of the advancements made.

I was involved in a thread in the SIF a few days ago where I was trying to get info if peeps would have liked a HC mode of this game where death wouldn't have been complete and it got me to thinking about the SC version of this game.

Death isn't fully deadly

MP in secure servers with friends

Ability to explore and taste all the game has to offer before settling down into true build discovery.

Gial, that's some great info you put out here. I'm very excited now about SC in Sacred...at least during the beginning of Sacred 2. I'm wondering if perhaps when the game first lands, if our group could perhaps spend our "exploring" part of this game all with each other online without having to die. I'll be honest, lol, I'm a little afraid of having to try out a myriad of Combat Arts without even knowing how they "feel" or...heck even knowing what they do.

I'm thinking that SC closed could be our answer for our group... at least for the first few weeks until we've beaten the game and then...when we've all got a little more beef under our belts...

Our little D.a.r.k group could finally head out into the HC servers and see what the real world is like.

Thoughts?

:crazy:

gogo

If you don't want death to be permanent, head for the SC servers Gogo, all that'll happen is that you'll loose your SB (which seems to accrete slower in Sacred 2) & be respawned back at the last respawn monolith that you activated (so if you see one, click on it! It will also save your character when you do so).

Be warned though, the boss monsters are big & I've died several times (though that may just be me being lame). I can't go into any details on them 'cept to say that they're big & some of them are really ####ing scary (for different reasons).

Edit: Big enough for you Schot? :D

I've been on the same train of thought as gogo, I wonder why, and will be doing my exploring in SC Closed. Now that I think of it SC could be considered for exploration and HC for Build challenges. First thing I'm very excited to do is explore. And there's a LOT to explore. Honestly... It happens so very often that I begin exploring one aspect of Sacred 2 and in the process stumble across something I've never seen before and so divert my attention to the new shiny thing I just saw, hehe. It just goes on and on like that. It's a great deal of fun exploring and discovering so many new things in Sacred 2 and for that reason I'll focus on SC gameplay for the first while.

gial, you bring up a good point about SC Closed characters using up character slots that HC characters would also use. Hopefully we'll have the option to export our SC Closed characters at the very least. I hope!

Oh and about your second paragraph there Llama... Ummm, I'm not saying anything but could you put that paragraph in bold type? And maybe a larger font too, lol.

SC looks to be good compromise between discovery, community and excitement. I'll be in it for a few weeks while exploring and doing the main campaign. After which, it's off to the HC servers forevah!

:smart:

gogo

p.s. I keep reading now how much tougher this game is than it's predecessor... Great no death penalty here :P