18 Screenshots

About This File

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition by Flix

• Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition (S2EE) is the continuation of my work on older mods such as Enhanced Spells and the Community Patch, of which S2EE is meant to be the successor.
  • S2EE contains hundreds of bugfixes, as well as numerous gameplay enhancements such as redesigned balance, quality-of-life improvements, and cosmetic changes.  Enemies are more challenging, quests are more rewarding, and items are more varied, unique, and useful.
  • This mod also features AI-Upscaled Textures that will work if the Elite Textures are installed. These all-new HD textures will be used for the DLC and expansion content which never received any official elite textures.
  • S2EE is designed for the player to install the CORE module, then they may install some optional add-on modules.
  • See the "Sacred 2 EE Manual.pdf" for full list of modules and features.
  • Currently supported languages:
    • CORE module: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Hungarian.
    • Alternate Spells: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.

Optional Modules:

• Alternate Spells - Swap out several vanilla combat arts with new custom ones.
  • Challenge Mode - Significantly increased difficulty.
  • SuperSpawn - Increases enemy spawn count by 2-3x.
  • Enhanced Music - A game-wide expansion pack for all regional background music.
  • Portrait Overhaul - Revamps all the NPC and enemy icons with new artistic portraits with more character and personality.
  • Free-For-All Quests - Makes all quests available in all game modes, and allows all bosses to respawn each game session.
  • Classic Icons - Restores the aspect background and combat art icons to vanilla.
  • Classic Icons for Alt. Spells - Change the aspect background and combat art icons to the "classic" style.

=================================================

Installation:

• If upgrading from vanilla or EE 3.0 and below: I HIGHLY advise NEW CHARACTERS or you may have broken spells & quests, re-rolled bonuses on gear, or other odd behavior.

• Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
  • After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
  • Extract/copy/move the contents of the compressed zip file into the "MODS" folder.  There should be 9 folders (the Docs folder need not be placed in the MODS folder).
  • S2EE contains one CORE module and eight optional add-on modules.  You must install "Sacred 2 CORE EE 3.2 - Required" at the very least.
  • Run the GME and enable the CORE module.  The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.
  • - Optional - add-on modules should be installed afterward.  Do not install any of the add-on modules without the CORE module installed first.  Overwrite warnings are to be expected when you install the optional modules.

==================================================

Compatibility:

• This mod requires Sacred 2 + Ice & Blood expansion with the latest patch (2.65.02) installed (or simply Sacred 2 Gold).
  • This mod additionally requires that Community Patch 1.60 be installed.
  • No previous versions or components of the old Enhanced Edition should be installed.
  • No mods that alter scripts will be compatible with S2EE. This includes: Diablo 2 Fallen, Boss Arena, Age of Heroes, Survival Mod, Llama's Mod, Wardust's Mods, Dimitrius's Patch Addendum
  • Mods that are known to be compatible: Music Mods, Interface Mods, Main Menu Mods, Reduced Fog, Elite Textures (either official or the unofficial "trimmed" version), and simple texture mods like Eye mod or Grass mod.

Development (Enhanced Spells module):

For detailed list of changes to combat arts (and Alternate Spells) , and for pictures and videos, and development info, visit this thread:

Known Issues:

• Not all properties of a Combat Art update dynamically in the CA tooltip text. This is a pre-existing issue in the vanilla game as well. However rest assured that all properties of Combat Arts should be clearly described in the CA description text and will appear (if applicable) in the Sigma bonus overview and/or character overview.
  • Dragon's Wrath cannot go into a combo. No known solution.
  • If you find bugs, exploits, or other issues, don't forget to let me know so I can address them.

Credits:

• Flix - Main author, scripts, game texts, textures, sounds, icons.
  • Dimitrius154 - programming, scripting, advice, asset importing.
  • Pesmontis - new model importing, text encoding tools.
  • desm - French translation.
  • Shadowflare85 - German translation.
  • KrystianCzach243r - Polish translation.
  • Nikoleagle and LordKomar - Russian translation.
  • Deivix - Spanish translation.
  • Pokolfajzat - Hungarian translation.
  • Loromir - Italian translation.
  • Lindor - reworked Ancient Bark FX.
  • Ysendra - new Daemon textures.
  • SX255 - new Deathly Spears icon.
  • Luthal - helped work out how to handle summoned minions.
  • Caledor - ideas on adjusting balance, skill effects, and the interface.
  • Charon117 - tools for cleaning & optimizing scripts.
  • Everyone who played the mod and posted feedback.
  • Gogoblender and Schot - hosting this mod on DarkMatters.
  • Llama - making his CM Patch Mod and showing me the way into modding Sacred 2 spells.

What's New in Version 3.2a   See changelog

Released

Included new updated German texts with corrections by jwiz.
Fixed Mist of Miasma having extra buff spell - may have caused it to be unresponsive or game CTD.
Fixed a minor typo with Stone Commander equip set entry.
Some rare weapons would sometimes roll an extra bonus for a character class who couldn't use the weapon - these bonuses have been changed to a silver socket instead. This change has no effects on other items or modifiers.
"Children and Demons": Fixed an exploit to sneak around the trigger area at the beginning of the quest in Sloeford to kill the (non-hostile) Black Seraphim twice for extra drops and XP.
"Ancient Bark": Moderately increased the transparency of the new buff FX.

• Like! 10
  • Thanks! 1
  • Respect! 2
  • Appreciation 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, Flix.

Sry for my bad eng)

Will this mod work on CM-Patch v.0160b

I tried to install it. Mod removed some files from the game.

I saw "Sacred 2.....CM-Patch 0150+ESM" in game menu (but I want to see 0160+ESM :drool:)

No.  CM 1.60 is in beta testing status.  Not a good a idea for me to start releasing mods updated for a patch that isn't even finalized yet and changes every few days.

All mods will be updated for CM 1.60 only after the final patch is released.

• Like! 1

Hey I'm new to sacred 2 and would like to try this mod out.

I'm just curious as to what exactly challenge mode and superspawn do?

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Fabur said:

@Flix I just tried out your mod for a few hours and like it so far. There is one thing that bugs me a bit though: The Sublime Guardians ability to convert enemies for a short time. For me it slows down the gameplay a bit, as I cannot kill enemies that are currently under the influence of the convert spell. So I have to wait for the spell to finish or have them teleport after me for the duration of spell. Is there any way to make them killable while they are effected by the spell? Or maybe reduce the duration or even replace the skill completely (as you have already done for the Seraphim herself)?

Thanks for trying the mod!  I gave the Sublime Guardian the Conversion CA because I would have liked a way to keep that spell in the game.  Similarly, I gave the Inquisitor's Daemon Raving Thrust.

If there's negative feedback about Conversion I'll consider removing it.

2 hours ago, AnonEMoose44 said:

Hey I'm new to sacred 2 and would like to try this mod out.

I'm just curious as to what exactly challenge mode and superspawn do?

I added the descriptions of these two modules to the details on the file page.  :) 

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Thanks for trying the mod!  I gave the Sublime Guardian the Conversion CA because I would have liked a way to keep that spell in the game.  Similarly, I gave the Inquisitor's Daemon Raving Thrust.

If there's negative feedback about Conversion I'll consider removing it.

Thanks for creating the mod! :D

Hm, maybe rework it into a mod for the Sublime Guardian, if that is possible? So people who like the playstyle can mod for it and everyone else can go for a straight power up for the summon.

• Like! 1

so I downloaded the mod and installed it, I thought I didnt have the new spells but I do. Thing is they are new ones but all the text including the names and the modifications to all the combat arts are the old spell text.. how do I fix?

Edited by ben007
4 hours ago, ben007 said:

so I downloaded the mod and installed it, I thought I didnt have the new spells but I do. Thing is they are new ones but all the text including the names and the modifications to all the combat arts are the old spell text.. how do I fix?

What language is your game installation?

I believe I had to change it to "language uk" because no text was showing up on menus  or in game. Not sure now, I think the advance spells added all the formatted langues it supports. When I have it set to US I get game sounds and voices but no text, when I set it to UK I get old combat art text and no sound, but updated combat arts,

Edited by ben007

But what was the language set to originally?  US?  This is the gold version of the game?

Great job Flix and I'm glad to see some of the balance aspects I posted last july like the tweaks to sockets. I'll definitively try this. One thing is missing and it makes me wonder (since you said you liked it)... why did you decide against giving Temple Guardian and Inquisitor additional amulet/ring slots? Our discussion from back then for reference:

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Caledor said:

Great job Flix and I'm glad to see some of the balance aspects I posted last july like the tweaks to sockets. I'll definitively try this. One thing is missing and it makes me wonder (since you said you liked it)... why did you decide against giving Temple Guardian and Inquisitor additional amulet/ring slots? Our discussion from back then for reference:

I guess I just forgot?  :(  I added it to Diablo 2 Fallen a while back.  Just never made it onto my EE project list I guess.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:51 PM, Caledor said:

I know it's been 4 months but I was just reviewing this feature and it turns I did in fact add the extra TG jewelry slots in v2.0.  I just forgot to list it the changelog!

• Thanks! 1
On 30/7/2018 at 4:41 AM, Flix said:

I know it's been 4 months but I was just reviewing this feature and it turns I did in fact add the extra TG jewelry slots in v2.0.  I just forgot to list it the changelog!

Thanks for the heads up and I'm glad you went along with it in the end

• Like! 1

Could you tell me the answer to the questions of the modding
1) Is it possible to tie the ability to an object so that when it is put on, the spell is added to the free cell. Can the ability be given from a complete set of things?
2) Can I add new abilities when turning into a dragon form?

3 hours ago, Wolfcat92 said:

Could you tell me the answer to the questions of the modding
1) Is it possible to tie the ability to an object so that when it is put on, the spell is added to the free cell. Can the ability be given from a complete set of things?
2) Can I add new abilities when turning into a dragon form?

Greetings!

1) No this is not possible in Sacred 2, sadly

2) No, we never found a way around the code limitations to add new player combat arts, even when shapeshifted.  All you can do is change the existing ones.  If you want to do that, look in spells.txt and edit the entries:  "dm_form_drgn_teleport", "dm_form_drgn_feuerball", and "dm_form_drgn_feuerwand".