Return to Titan Quest Immortal Throne

P.S. (llama we know why xmax ain't so hard for 'twinked' toons eh? try doing it with a default char with no ...ahem... "given gear" .... a bird told me lol! :D)

:bounce:

Did the bird tell you that he gave me my current bow? :P

Is there any way to control the movement of your character with w,s,a,d?

Using then mouse to move around just plain sucks and I do not see any way to bind movement to any keys.....

Not that I'm aware of.

I tried the Ubermod (with a brand new level 1 character) & #### that's hard! I died while trying to kill the monsters around the horse right at the beginning. Things got easier when I got a bow, but it still involves quite a lot of kiting (and dieing)...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. (llama we know why xmax ain't so hard for 'twinked' toons eh? try doing it with a default char with no ...ahem... "given gear" .... a bird told me lol! ;))

:thumbsup:

Did the bird tell you that he gave me my current bow? ;)

Using then mouse to move around just plain sucks and I do not see any way to bind movement to any keys.....

Not that I'm aware of.

I tried the Ubermod (with a brand new level 1 character) & #### that's hard! I died while trying to kill the monsters around the horse right at the beginning. Things got easier when I got a bow, but it still involves quite a lot of kiting (and dieing)...

xmax is likewise on legendary, especially vs. large numbers of archers, or tough mobs.... of course without the 'gifted' toons :)

There is none. TQ is a true ARPG, ala Sacred 1 etc, and there is no WASD. To be honest, there wasn't WASD in Sacred 2 till very late, as it's not custom for these types of games. You'll find as you level though, it's actually a good thing.

TQ in later modes and in the difficulty mods that you will need that hand for the hotkeys and targeting them... like non stop. Moving with that hand would be fatal.

Sorry if that's not to your liking though ;/

1) My time is EST, and I plan on being on evenings and weekends, around 6PM onward weeknights, and who knows on the weekends :D

2) ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT!

Any skill that says 'bind to left mouse' actually BIND THEM TO RIGHT MOUSE!!

Best tip I can give ;)

3) Lastly, I would recommend just sticking with the patch stubbs. 1. Almost no cheaters use the fanpatch, 2. It fixes many things, including item drops that developers etc forgot to add in and such. If you read the release notes, it's not wise to 'roll back' as it were.

4) -- possible use the defiler to make a level 1 char that can access all diffs, just to join the server and such, we can set games from there.

Cheers!

1) It would be a big help for me mate if you could try and be online at 6pm for the next couple of days. That's 12midday here and that's 1 hour before I have to leave for work. I could then at least check that I am configured right to join your servers.

2) That's a great tip!

3) I am going to uninstall everything and reinstall again tonight. ;)

4) I might try that, but only after I can test that I can actually join one of your servers :)

Still trying to find cheaper then steam copy (steam requires the original game to be steam version too). I also alrdy ordered The Orange Box (for TF2 to play in LAN's).

It'll have to wait till after Sacred 2: Ice and Blood except if I find a copy quick & cheap.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I was able to join up with Darkelf for a little while tonight.

While he was online I was able to configure my game all up and test it, so I'm all ready :)

Now............ if I could just remember how to play :D

I have never seen your server r00 in the two days I have played TQ, and I can't join any other server as I have the "wrong" version of the game(1.17).

Are you still going for server name r00s c00p?

EDIT: just found your server, but couldn't join(unable to connect to server) message popped up ;)

Edited by Spunky

I was able to finally join r00's server ;)

Looks like my time conversion was out a bit lol.

r00, your 6pm is my 8am :spider:

I may be able to join you online after all.

spunky...are you sure you haven't installed any mods?

Some mods such as changing the fonts work okay but some other mods that modify the database .arc, for example, will stop you from connecting.

Nope, no mods installed, but maybe the reason I couldn't join was that the ping was 2500 on the server?

I saw that too spunky....but as soon as I clicked on the server I was able to join and the ping in game was around 250ms.

I have no idea why it showed the ping so high in the server list.

So I don't think that was the problem either mate.

Well I wanted to go join you peops in my Sacred 2 break...

But Helena want me to repaint my house.

Sooo thats what I spend 4 weeks total gaming break on.

After that maybe Sacred 2 expansion or hmm go play with friends x-fire where-ever or whatever game...

Well I wanted to go join you peops in my Sacred 2 break...

But Helena want me to repaint my house.

Good to see the "boss" has put you to work mate. :whistle:

I'm surprised she let you go this long without taking a break.

(maybe when shes not around you might try going into Titan Quest and see if we are online......we wont tell :oooo: )

Ordered my copy of Immortal Throne, only costs me 4.99 euro, I still have to pay for it thro banking cuz the stupid website won't let me pay on delivery (actually pay in shop when I go get it).

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Got me an oracle up to level 16 at Athens in the sp campaign. Having lots of fun after getting used to the interface. I'll probally finish up the campaign and decide where to go from there. My right hand is cramping like a mofo because of the lack of wasd. I doubt I could play this game more than once because of that one flaw. :badbad:

Still its lots of fun thx for the heads up rooster.

I forgot how much I loved this game.

Perhaps that's because I only ever played SP with it......I don't like online games that allow cheats.

But now that I know there is a cheat free server (though I still haven't managed to join up with r00 for a game yet) I am having a great time just playing and hoping to join up soon.

I'm sorry that you cant enjoy the mouse driven movement system viper.....perhaps there is a utility out there that could help?

What about a gaming keyboard that you can configure to use wsad to move?

Titan Quest is a great game and Immortal Throne only made it heaps better.

Whereas Sacred 2 was getting a bit easier in the higher difficulties, TQ just gets harder.......but its a nice harder. ;)

I hope I get to play with some of you guys soon. :badbad:

Any chance you could make a server stubbie, then I can see if I can join you or not?

absolutely mate.....just tell me when you will be online.

Give me some times for the next couple of days please...preferably in GMT (well actually in aussie time would be preferable but nobody uses that time zone :) )

I'm having a bit of a real life situation here atm and I cannot commit to gaming times like I used to :)

Just saw your thread on the SIF, and I'll say it again, good luck with your surgery :)

I'm online almost all day so just drop me a PM either here or on the SIF when you are ready.

If you have not played this game before you have really something to look forward to Chareos :unsure:

Alrdy played the original but never rly got into the multiplayer, I'm looking forward to the Dream mastery and will probably go Dream + one of the 2 fighter classes.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

It's really weird to get back into the game again lol... It's been ages since the demo...

Played again for a while yesterday, and made it as far as SPARTAAAA :P lol that name wil never be the same again :D 300 :)