Flix

Funny/Interesting Sacred 2 Screenshots

hm%20Tarot%20cards_zpsh3cbz5g1.png

Tarot cards do appear quite often throughout the game.

I did notice this

Is there actually a set that they used, any recognizable images?

:)

gogo

Glorious, Flix!

To think of all the time that went into these images... for simple cards just left on tables and corners...

what a game... kinda heart breaking too

gogo

• Like! 2

To think of all the time that went into these images... for simple cards just left on tables and corners...

what a game... kinda heart breaking too

S1 and Sacred 2 are full of these overdetailed textures. You'll never see most of them until you crack open the archives and go through the sea of files.

For example the Amarri's Secret for the BM. This is the set all in one texture, scaled 1 to 1, full of little gems and pasterns.

MAGE_SA6.jpg

And here it is in the game at maximum zoom

AmarriChar.jpg

Do you see the bottom left gold texture piece on the chest? No. But its there. :mellow:

Edited by SX255
  • Like! 3

That's insane. Those textures are as high quality as most Sacred 2 textures (or better!).

• Like! 1

Not all of them. Most are as big as 64x64 to 256x256 pixels. But there are some that are huge 1024x1024.

hm%20Tarot%20cards_zpsh3cbz5g1.png

Tarot cards do appear quite often throughout the game.

I did notice this

Is there actually a set that they used, any recognizable images?

gogo

The arrangement of the Tarot cards in this previously posted screenshot of mine is likely the standard arrangement, it is identical to the one in the screenshot posted on page four (post #71) of this thread by none other than SX255: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21413-funnyinteresting-sacred-2-screenshots/page-4

• Like! 1

a%20childs%20balloon_zpsaxfuyx7s.png

"This is certainly a sinister looking ballooon; is it truly one with which children should be playing."

• Like! 3

a%20childs%20balloon_zpsaxfuyx7s.png

"This is certainly a sinister looking ballooon; is it truly one with which children should be playing."

at least the kids from Sacred 1 ^^

:devil:

gogo

That strange blue light under the flying eyes nevere appeared before...what the h... is that?!

post-30912-0-37848000-1427796848_thumb.png

• Like! 3

I really can't say, and I should know because I was just editing the spells of the flying eyes just today for a mod. It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen. There is an "energy leech" buff that the yellow flying eyes have, but I don't think it looks like that. And the purple ones don't have that buff. They can only cast a red lightning attack and summon the little poison eyes. Maybe it's the casting fx for one of those spells?

• Like! 1

During one of the first Blood Forest sequences, the flying-demon-eyes cast a lightning spell (same animation as Seraphim's lightning) from the bottom of their tentacles on a zombie, killing it.

( That's when you realize creatures inside the Blood Forest are actually fighting eachother and thus begins your investigation on the causes of the conflict within the land. )

I have seen them doing it only in that situation, though. Should be a scripted quest step, not a spell in the spell.txt , in my opinion.

• Like! 4

Another screenshot from the cursed forest (one of my favorite places of ancaria )
This is a bit 'strange ... why these eyes are disposed in this way? Resembles the shape of a key ...
I took this screen near the cage where you met Mishirla for the first time

post-30912-0-78655200-1427814356_thumb.png

• Like! 3

During one of the first Blood Forest sequences, the flying-demon-eyes cast a lightning spell (same animation as Seraphim's lightning) from the bottom of their tentacles on a zombie, killing it.

( That's when you realize creatures inside the Blood Forest are actually fighting eachother and thus begins your investigation on the causes of the conflict within the land. )

I have seen them doing it only in that situation, though. Should be a scripted quest step, not a spell in the spell.txt , in my opinion.

You're right it's the casting animation for the lightning attack. Looks like it appears whenever they cast it. Here I am getting toasted by it:

LPi99zMl.jpg

• Like! 2

These pics are all so awesome! I am constantly amazed by the amount of detail that was put into creating the world of Sacred. Makes me wish there was a free cam mode.

• Like! 2

You're right it's the casting animation for the lightning attack. Looks like it appears whenever they cast it. Here I am getting toasted by it:

LPi99zMl.jpg

Yah, I remember that "moment" of the game... another one of those "surprises" that the devs sneak in with those one of a kind CA's that make HC'ers run in fear

yah...

there was a lot of running...

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1

Yah, I remember that "moment" of the game... another one of those "surprises" that the devs sneak in with those one of a kind Combat Arts that make HC'ers run in fear

there was a lot of running...

:lol:

yep...hit and run on higher levels, trying to seperate them, especially with that quest killing ten of them! :D but if I remember right, I lost more chars at the poison spiders in the swamp than to the fliying eyes
Edited by Dorimil
  • Like! 1

0Dsgiqk.png

What a grizzly scene... note the dead and the dead undead... I mean the undead dead... uh...

fOw7FL1.png

I did find this scarecrow in the Bloodwood, although some regions seem devoid of any at all, such as the Wastelands and Dyr-Laigh.

• Like! 2

I did find this scarecrow in the Bloodwood, although some regions seem devoid of any at all, such as the Wastelands and Dyr-Laigh.

Oh you creatures of flesh and bone, using sticks and carved pumpkins to ward off unwanted pests. Ofcourse there are none of your scarecrows in our lands. True creations of Testa don't waste time with basic materials for scarecrows.

Scarecrows.jpg

• Like! 2

QKMp2HC.png

Aye, 'tis true verily, yet even in the desert the desert the humans employ their lifeless guardians to protect their scant agricultural patches.

• Like! 3

xzy4RPE.png

"'Sup bro?"

"Just hangin' sis."

• Like! 4

27HuEqg.png

"Ah, the Boots of Remembrance, how ironic that I had not considered them for so long until just now."

• Like! 1

w3jX5ZG.png

"I can feel the intense heat from the lava penetrating through my armor. I'm no volcanologist, yet, even from my layperson's perspective I know that building a settlement directly adjacent to a volcano is at best an unsafe proposition."

• Like! 3

"I can feel the intense heat from the lava penetrating through my armor. I'm no volcanologist, yet, even from my layperson's perspective I know that building a settlement directly adjacent to a volcano is at best an unsafe proposition."

What is unsafe for orcs? They summon orbital strikes on command and live in lands spewing unrefined T-energy. One measly erupting volcano cant hurt them. So they built a volcano and harvest the molten rock. It has a slope going into the sea. What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

• Like! 2