Failed Characters you continued

I think most of us did some characters which didn't work as plamed but were continued. I did a temple guardian in my early sacred2 times which was planed to support the high-elf pyro of a collegue at firefighters. But somehow the character was a total mistake.

Sorce Warden Lore

Armour Lore

Source Warden Focus

Combat Discipline

Concentration

Ancient Magic

Smith

Tactics Lore

Damage Lore

Spell Resistance

Combat Arts modified in this Order:

Fiery Ember, Charged Grid, Untouchable Force, T-Energy Shroud, Primal Mutation, Icy Evanescence

The problem was not that he was too weak, but that the enemies dropped dead in a way too big area. A smaller radius would have speeded the looting significantly and even levelling.

The character was continued because: It was a smith

Everytime he did some forging he first was teleported to some enemies and doing a single combination: Fiery Ember, Charged Grid, Deathly Spears, Primal Mutation. Collecting only the nearby stuff and do the smithing. The items he was using were mainly from other characters. He did this playing with hiis mainly +allSkills gear for Smithing.

• Like! 1

My very first ps3 seraphim fits in this category. She was just all over the place.

Level 146

HP 23841

DP 19785

Tactics Lore 97

Combat Reflexes 30

Exalted Warrior Focus 82

Concentration 57

Celestial Magic Lore 55

Revered Tech Lore 60

Dual Wield 92

Armor Lore 75

Constitution 75

Spell Resistance 28

Pelting Strikes 105.4

Dashing Alacrity 110.6

Battle Stance 125.2

Divine Protection 70.2

So a failed character for Chattius is one that's too good? :lol: Way to backdoor brag lol.

I don't think I have any failed characters but I do have one that always dies/is always on the brink of death: My triple aspect Inquisitor. I think I spread him too thin. He only has one defensive skill: Armor Lore. So he's always taking heaps of damage. And I'm reluctant to drink health potions because his Purifying Chatisement buff increases his damage the lower his health gets. So I'm always skirting the line between doing great and almost dead.

He was also the first character I rushed through Silver, rather than do every quest and fight every boss. So I think he suffered because of that. Not as much time getting loot, plus not as much time for me to learn the ins and outs of all three Aspects.

Edited by Flix

A failed character is a character which doesn't do what it was planned for. My friend wasn't needling the elf fire spells. So no teamplay.

It is like when my mother gives me 8000euro to buy a nice second hand car for her and I buy a Porsche Boxster. The Boxster may be way better than another used car at the same price: faster, better brakes, more agile, has the room she needs as a single person, ... But because it is too low for entering after her hip surgery it would be a failure.

For solo playing: My dragon mage Sohei had a better kill rate because his combat art radius was just the size of the radius of the q-pressed loot. So kill, loot and run to next - no searching.

I turn of sound at the temple guardian: I am always angry when sets and uniques drop where I can't find them. So better don't know they dropped.

• Like! 1

well, I have built the toons to try to make less powerful CA's work... but when something like twisted torment didn't pan out as a viable killspell in higher difficulties, I just changed the setup around to use an actual powerful ca (say, totem in the Voodoo build, etc) and still finished Platinum. Rarely have I taken many builds all the way to end-niob since I lose interest in the long grind to find the gear needed for the tough sections of the last difficulty.

I think most of us did some characters which didn't work as plamed but were continued. I did a temple guardian in my early sacred2 times which was planed to support the high-elf pyro of a collegue at firefighters. But somehow the character was a total mistake.

Sorce Warden Lore

Armour Lore

Source Warden Focus

Combat Discipline

Concentration

Ancient Magic

Smith

Tactics Lore

Damage Lore

Spell Resistance

Combat Arts modified in this Order:

Fiery Ember, Charged Grid, Untouchable Force, T-Energy Shroud, Primal Mutation, Icy Evanescence

The problem was not that he was too weak, but that the enemies dropped dead in a way too big area. A smaller radius would have speeded the looting significantly and even levelling.

The character was continued because: It was a smith

Everytime he did some forging he first was teleported to some enemies and doing a single combination: Fiery Ember, Charged Grid, Deathly Spears, Primal Mutation. Collecting only the nearby stuff and do the smithing. The items he was using were mainly from other characters. He did this playing with hiis mainly +allSkills gear for Smithing.

I think it was one of the first Dryads I ever built. HC, ZERO def skills... worked so so very hard to finally get her to a decent level to set her up as a bargainer, and there she stayed. It was too dangerous to take her out anymore, as more and more almost one hit kills kept occuring.

Too much experimenting gone awry

:oooo:

gogo

Well, my shopper seraphim I consider a failure that I continued up to niobium for the fact she does everything right save that she has little to no defence. She hurts much too easily. My ranged dryad has this tendency to miss her mark against the nameless guardians, but is otherwise fine everywhere else. Finally, my first inquisitor is simply a mess. He's some kind of melee hybrid. Just not sure what he's a hybrid of. :P