8 replies to this topic

#1 Jan

Jan

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 3 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

I had made many workarounds the last years every time I installed Sacred 2.      I uninstalled Sacred 2 often because the game crashed after (10 min with PhysX)    or 30-60 min (without PhysX )

I hate it.^^ Every Sacred player know this feeling^^

New install , search and many many many  workarounds later I found  the sacred ^^memory cleaner.      

This man is so awesome he solved this f... problem.          The game starts and runs and runs and runs no crash anymore,  because the programm delete the memory all 5 min^^ AWESOME YEEEEHHHAAA

Here is the link.     

Have fun .   I have to play now ^^     

#2 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

Hey there!  I don't think you're able to post links until you've made a certain number of posts on the forums.  What's the exact name of the program?  I'll search for it and check it out, and post it on here if it's legit.

Edited by Flix, 14 September 2015 - 09:11 PM.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#3 Knuckles

Knuckles

Grand Poobah

• Site Moderator
  • 6,271 posts
  • Steam Name:Knuckles (Robb)

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:21 AM

I think Jan is referring to this

Sacred 2 File Cleaning Utility

#4 Jan

Jan

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

Aaah there was one before......   

The real name ? It`s memory cleaner.

#5 King Angel

King Angel

Radon Master

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Steam Name:Danu88

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

This is? http://www.koshyjohn...tware/memclean/   This software works great :D

Edited by King Angel, 18 September 2015 - 03:09 AM.

picture_55273.png

#6 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,202 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

I had made many workarounds the last years every time I installed Sacred 2.      I uninstalled Sacred 2 often because the game crashed after (10 min with PhysX)    or 30-60 min (without PhysX )

I hate it.^^ Every Sacred player know this feeling^^

New install , search and many many many  workarounds later I found  the sacred ^^memory cleaner.      

This man is so awesome he solved this f... problem.          The game starts and runs and runs and runs no crash anymore,  because the programm delete the memory all 5 min^^ AWESOME YEEEEHHHAAA

Here is the link.     

Have fun .   I have to play now ^^     

Thanks Jan for brining this up, memory leaks is Sacred 2's middle name :P

Also thanks to everyone who's posted help, and a big welcome to you Jan, to DarkMatters, the Sacred forum!

:)

gogo

#7 Jan

Jan

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

Hi I´m back with Win 10 ^^  The last 3 days were terrible.   I tried many many different things.

Here are some points I figured out.

Don`t use " Roccat Kave XTD " - game crash after 10 - 15 min

Don`t use "4 gig patch "  (it doesn`t work with Win 10 )  (10 different settings)   - game crash after  1 min - 6 min  without 20 - 25 min

My settings now   1  GOG version (  browser download / not gog galaxy ) for many installations (install as admin /                

2   NO compatibility mode /   never (I tried all)  / with ca 25 min and game crash

3   "Memory cleaner" and a second  one " Wise Memory Optimizer" (advanced settings you can                                     choose auto

optimization and ram settings "   without them  ca 15 min

4   "Borderless Gaming"  without only 1 hour.   

5    and most important /  I love all the flying leaves and stones but deactivate physX.  

with physX and all settings above the game crashes after max 25 min.  / without after 1.50                                    h - 2.30 h (for me it`s long enough) 

6   Test Char : Temple Guardian with Energy Shield.  (you know what I mean if you enter a cave                                                    /portal with  enabled physX)^^

PS: MOST OF THE TIME  (98% of the game crashes) If I enter or leave a cave or I use teleport.

Edited by Jan, 20 February 2017 - 09:23 AM.

#8 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

Ancarian National Geographer

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts
  • Gamertag:Hooyaah

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

There is one fix that may work in game and I tried it once (by pressing the tilde key, ~ and then in the command prompt I typed: sys flush and then Enter). The game paused, went black and the character, gr2s, skins, textures, and shader files reloaded and the game simply seemed to refresh itself. I think it might work for the memory leak issue but I would strongly recommend to anyone who tries this as a possible fix quick-save the game with F10 first so that any campaign progress and the character (should) be saved to that point. I do not experience any memory issue unless I play for a solid hour or more (usually two +) and have covered a large portion of the map. What happens, I believe, is that the game is storing all of the game progress and associated graphics files, etc. to be saved in the character's files when the one exits the game. As the amount of data collected reaches a critical level without having been saved the game crashes.

I have also had the game crash after extended play when I enter/exit a cave or dungeon or teleport is activated. I also have game crash issues whenever PhysX effect is activated. Otherwise, I have no other issues and all of my other settings are set on the highest graphics and texture settings.

perception ≤ reality

#9 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

There is a claim on the Steam Forums that there is a fix for the infamous memory leak problem.  Actually several solutions are claimed, but there is one I never saw before that may be worth testing.

Fix: Replace mss32.dll v7.e with v7.2g
Download the dll file from a trusted source:

http://originaldll.c....dll/27327.html

https://www.dll-file.../mss32.dll.html

http://www.dlldownlo....com/mss32-dll/

The version you want is: 7.2g
Navigate to the "system" folder in your Sacred 2 installation.  Back up the old mss32.dll and replace it with the new version you downloaded.

I've had mixed results.  The first night I used it, it seemed like a miracle.  I couldn't provoke a crash even if I tried, and memory usage never went above 600MB.  Since then, my results have been fair but I've still had some memory-related crashes.

So this may be worth testing, especially if you like to use elite textures.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users