The Related Word Game - 2017!

bold -> expert

In old German -bold is somebody who is strong in something. Often in a negative sense:

Trunkenbold/Saufbold -> someone overdoing it with drinking, saufen is the way animals drink, so even worse

Lügenbold -> ... with lying

Witzbold/Scherzbold -> ... in telling/making jokes

Tugendbold -> overdoing morale and virtue

malaria -> Berliner

1915 Ernst Berliner wrote about using a bacterium found in Thurengia infecting certain insects. A variant of the bacterium was found at a WHO study in dried out mud pits in Israel which is now used to fight maleria mosquitos.

This subtype is named Bti (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis). Bti can be bought with a reason here and used to kill certain stinging beasts. Normally in our fish ponds the fish take care of these larvae. But at heavy rain there are mud pits without fish and I sometimes spray Bti if I see to many dead mother insects on the surface.

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

malaria -> Berliner

1915 Ernst Berliner wrote about using a bacterium found in Thurengia infecting certain insects. A variant of the bacterium was found at a WHO study in dried out mud pits in Israel which is now used to fight maleria mosquitos.

This subtype is named Bti (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis). Bti can be bought with a reason here and used to kill certain stinging beasts. Normally in our fish ponds the fish take care of these larvae. But at heavy rain there are mud pits without fish and I sometimes spray Bti if I see to many dead mother insects on the surface.

berliner -> Atomic Blonde

just saw the movie last night... AMAZING...and set during the fall of the Berlin Wall!!

:)

gogo

Atomic Blonde -> Good Bye Lenin

The mother of a boy is a leading member of the communist party in East Berlin. She has a weak heart and falls into a 8 month coma. She awakes from coma. The docs say a shock may kill her. But there is a problem, she is a communist and the fall of the Berlin Wall happened while in coma. So the boy tries anything to hide the news. With a friend he makes videos for fake news magazine played on TV. They search garbage for old east german food tins and refill them,,,

A probably too German movie. But who knows, perhaps a remakle: a Republician falling into coma while Trump is president and when he wakes up a female chinese democrat is president.