Jump to content
DanteColtz

[ERROR] Connection Lost (10)

Recommended Posts

I've recently bought Sacred II Gold through steam to satisfy my nostalgia of Fallen Angel during ps3 console, and since I've last played this game on console I have no idea how to solve this problem (not the most PC savvy).

Problem:
I am getting an Error right after character creation in Single Player Campaign;     Connection Lost (10). (looks exactly as it is in the title)

Although this is an aged game, I am still hoping someone could help me out on sorting this problem please~
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to DarkMatters, DanteColtz. Let's see how quickly we can get you into the land of Ancaria, slaying Kobolds, and leveling up! It seems that members more often report startup problems with the Steam version. I play Sacred 2 Gold purchased from GOG and never have had any issues. I was wondering if you have already added the latest patch, as that seems to clear up problems from the start. If you don't mind, I'd like to point you to the thread below, so that I don't have to post, yet again, the same responses that may solve your issue. If you are still at a loss for the right solution please reply here. Also, it would be very helpful if you would post what ultimately worked for you in this thread as a blessed service to anyone who requires assistance in the future and may benefit from a resolution. Thank you in advance, sir!

Sacred 2 not starting up!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Welcome to DarkMatters, DanteColtz. Let's see how quickly we can get you into the land of Ancaria, slaying Kobolds, and leveling up! It seems that members more often report startup problems with the Steam version. I play Sacred 2 Gold purchased from GOG and never have had any issues. I was wondering if you have already added the latest patch, as that seems to clear up problems from the start. If you don't mind, I'd like to point you to the thread below, so that I don't have to post, yet again, the same responses that may solve your issue. If you are still at a loss for the right solution please reply here. Also, it would be very helpful if you would post what ultimately worked for you in this thread as a blessed service to anyone who requires assistance in the future and may benefit from a resolution. Thank you in advance, sir!

Sacred 2 not starting up!

Hi thanks for replying! , before posting I've downloaded and installed correctly the CM 160 patch, Made sure that I don't have conflicts with my firewall or antivirus, and fiddled with Hamachi futilely. My Sacred II GOLD Executable is running on XP Service pack 3 compatibility mode.

I'am using windows 7 64bit.  I've even installed the ingame PhysX, downlaoded Legacy PhyX to download, and even replaced Redlist physX with the legacy; just for when I get to that problem I guess.

Is there a way to directly troubleshoot? Or perhaps I should try reinstall the game and see if something changes.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before you try reloading you may want to check this:

Capture.thumb.PNG.2fbe2e7d4a1d33315de597fd9dbeebd7.PNG

Right click on the Launch Sacred 2 icon and under the target path add:

"D:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe" -nocpubbinding -skipopenal

If that doesn't work you may want to try a fresh re-installation which involves uninstalling the game and all of the remaining files created by the game found within the game's folders. Then install the game (I run Sacred 2 from Drive D and let Windows run on the main drive, "C"). Then add the patch and, if desired, its addendum. Let us know if this grants you passage into Ancaria.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, I've tried the shortcut, launch cmd string posted above. Although I wasn't able to tweak the original application's file, so I instead use "send to" to desktop and tweak that shortcut there.  However the same problem persist, I will reinstall everything and I'll keep my progress posted.  Much appreciated !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See if it happens without the CM Patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reinstalling, everything seemed to have worked without any tweaking.

Only difference was I still retained my PhysX 9.13.0604 Legacy installed from the Sacred II Gold I've installed and it immediately worked right after installation and after installing CM patch 160.

I appreciate the support Hooyaah, cheers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flix said:

See if it happens without the CM Patch.

Yeah I still get the Connection (10) pre-reinstallation regardless of having the CM patch or not. However after reinstalling it works regardless of the community patch.  I am uncertain if the legacy PhysX is the reason for the turn around, but I've seen others on steam who use the legacy PhysX still has similar issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DanteColtz said:

After reinstalling, everything seemed to have worked without any tweaking.

Only difference was I still retained my PhysX 9.13.0604 Legacy installed from the Sacred II Gold I've installed and it immediately worked right after installation and after installing CM patch 160.

I appreciate the support Hooyaah, cheers!

You are welcome, indeed, DanteColtz, I am just pleased to know that your access to the land of Ancaria has been achieved and that now a new hero has arrived to aid the denizens there, making their world a better place!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

You are welcome, indeed, DanteColtz, I am just pleased to know that your access to the land of Ancaria has been achieved and that now a new hero has arrived to aid the denizens there, making their world a better place!

Great work Hooyaah!

:bounce:

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DanteColtz said:

After reinstalling, everything seemed to have worked without any tweaking.

Only difference was I still retained my PhysX 9.13.0604 Legacy installed from the Sacred II Gold I've installed and it immediately worked right after installation and after installing CM patch 160.

I appreciate the support Hooyaah, cheers!

Always happy when members are able to get the going and meet up with the community.  G'donya Hooyaah for the help

And a hearty welcome to you Dantecoltz

welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×