Jump to content

How to access this island/map?


Recommended Posts

Hello again, hoping on some help or information on this one:

I was casually playing in the cursed forrest area and doing some lasts quests I haven't finished, until I noticed I got a new quest on the world map. The questmarker was set in the Shadowy Catacombs, with no info in the log book. When I fast traveled to Sloeford the quest seemed to have disappeared without me noticing, because I couldn't find it anymore when I looked back on the map. After I was done checking up everything at the catacombs, I wanted to go back to doing business in cursed forrest but now I saw another quest marker on the world map, but this time on the island in the Bluestone Lake seen here. I already visited this area, but I cannot remember when it was (or it's a glitch, that the map is visible there). 

Does anyone know how to get there or experienced something similar with quests? 

Other than that I would like to know how to embed pictures on the forum, the "Insert image from URL" function in the editor doesn't seem to be working with pictures from prnt.sc or Photobucket.

Thanks in advance!

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post

It happened to me as well, 5-6 months ago. (you can see here). For me, it started after I killed the 3 Liches from the Undead Legion chain quest. (and it was not the only time this happened during this quest, even on different characters). I believe this is most probably a bug, since I didn't found too much info about it on the internet.

Now started using EE mod (2.4 and now updated to 3.0) and this stopped happening, I can finish the Undead Legion without this random quest marker to appear on that island.

  • Thanks! 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, RavenLight said:

It happened to me as well, 5-6 months ago. (you can see here). For me, it started after I killed the 3 Liches from the Undead Legion chain quest. (and it was not the only time this happened during this quest, even on different characters). I believe this is most probably a bug, since I didn't found too much info about it on the internet.

Now started using EE mod (2.4 and now updated to 3.0) and this stopped happening, I can finish the Undead Legion without this random quest marker to appear on that island.

 

Interesting thing. I was pretty positive that it only could have been a bug, but it seems to be reproducible, if it happened to other players, too. I honestly haven't thought about a way to "fix" it, more like a way to actually get on the island itself and check, if something happens. 

One thing I would like to know is, if you had the same chain of occurrences like I did, with the quest marker on the Shadowy Catacombs. Or if it just showed you the quest marker on the tiny island?

Thank you very much for your reply!

Link to post

I always find these things interesting.

I think I've read a thread somewhere where somebody travelled to normally inaccessible places via a special mount trick. He or she or they found out some interesting things, one was that when he searched for this island in the bluestone lake you can see on the map, there was actually nothing there. I couldn't find the thread anymore but I think that it was right during or short after the CM patch development days, I know that because they talked about a lot of leftover dev places that got removed with the CM patch, e.g. there were a bunch of questgivers in the mountains southern to the swamp area which could be exploited.

A possibility I can think of to check this is giving your character lots and lots of visibility range, although I don't know what happens when the visibility range exceeds the render distance.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Lindor said:

I always find these things interesting.

I think I've read a thread somewhere where somebody travelled to normally inaccessible places via a special mount trick. He or she or they found out some interesting things, one was that when he searched for this island in the bluestone lake you can see on the map, there was actually nothing there. I couldn't find the thread anymore but I think that it was right during or short after the CM patch development days, I know that because they talked about a lot of leftover dev places that got removed with the CM patch, e.g. there were a bunch of questgivers in the mountains southern to the swamp area which could be exploited.

A possibility I can think of to check this is giving your character lots and lots of visibility range, although I don't know what happens when the visibility range exceeds the render distance.

Funny enough, I already done that way before creating this post, due to wanting to explore the whole map without leaving tiny unvisited spaces. Because the vanilla visibility range is so tiny, there are loads of spaces on the map that are not visible on a normal playthrough. With that being said, when I hold down my middle mouse button on the world map, I can see that the island is, in fact, just water (seen in this video). I'm wondering about why I seem to have visited island before, though, because I don't have my visibility distance as high, as to see all the water of the lake shown in the video. And why would there be the quest marker, that's the biggest mystery (except when it's just a bug).

Link to post
43 minutes ago, Flix said:

Might have been this one but IDK because Pesmontis just put this one together a few months ago with D2F installed.

 

He did note that the island is not in fact there. So there's not way there could be any quest at that spot.

I've read through that thread and have to say that it's absolutely impressive. Thanks for bringing it up here. With that knowledge I think I can safely assume that "going there" (with the tutorial of the thread) will result in nothing. It's a riddle to me how I randomly got these two questmarkers, but that adds to the experience of Sacred 2 I believe.

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post
On 1/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, lolbomb said:

Hello

I would like to know how to embed pictures on the forum, the "Insert image from URL" function in the editor doesn't seem to be working with pictures from prnt.sc or Photobucket.

Thanks in advance!

There's a permissions settings for new registrants, this could have gotten in way of putting up pix.  Your status is now member, you should be able to put up pix and even put in a pic for Avatar 

Welcome to the forums!

:)

 

gogo

Link to post
On 1/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, lolbomb said:

 

Interesting thing. I was pretty positive that it only could have been a bug, but it seems to be reproducible, if it happened to other players, too. I honestly haven't thought about a way to "fix" it, more like a way to actually get on the island itself and check, if something happens. 

One thing I would like to know is, if you had the same chain of occurrences like I did, with the quest marker on the Shadowy Catacombs. Or if it just showed you the quest marker on the tiny island?

Thank you very much for your reply!

No, for me there wasn't any quest marker on the Catacombs. It only appeared and remained on that tiny island until I would eventually finish the game and for every character I played since then, the quest from the Undead Legion where you have to kill the 3 Liches and collect the magic pearls (or some jewels) triggered this. Couldn't managed to find a way to access it even now.

Link to post
11 hours ago, gogoblender said:

There's a permissions settings for new registrants, this could have gotten in way of putting up pix.  Your status is now member, you should be able to put up pix and even put in a pic for Avatar 

Welcome to the forums!

:)

 

gogo

Thanks for making me a member! Let's give this a try... 

1378582140_ThumbsUp.png.408615fd0536f28b81c3c1fd3210af3d.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

42 minutes ago, RavenLight said:

No, for me there wasn't any quest marker on the Catacombs. It only appeared and remained on that tiny island until I would eventually finish the game and for every character I played since then, the quest from the Undead Legion where you have to kill the 3 Liches and collect the magic pearls (or some jewels) triggered this. Couldn't managed to find a way to access it even now.

Alright, Isuppose that the first quest marker was just a bug, too. There aren't any quests in the Shadowy Catacombs for Seraphim, so there's that. 

Thanks again for everyone helping me to find out what was going on in my game, I think I got a great answer.

  • Like! 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...