Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Are we following the correct logic when writing in the wiki that such and such a quest is a "chain quest"? I'm seeing some edits that are changing the description "quest" to "chain quest" for quests that aren't chain quests. Did that come out right? I believe a simple rule that we came up with was that if a quest page was comprised of a list of links called "Parts" then it was a chain quest. I'm having trouble remembering though... Here's two of our topics that talk about chain quests:

Chain quests

Chain Quest Page Format

sorted and filled in where necessary

sorted -- the enemies section could use more attention

sorted

sorted

And that finished up Artamark. On to Nor Plat, probably starting tomorrow.

• Like! 1

sorted
sorted

A few comments...

1.) Valeview - In the section with the grave inscriptions - the one credited to Ernest Hemingway is incorrect. The information can be found in a post I made a while back found here... The quote's originator was John Donne in 1624... Hemmingway borrowed the phrase as did numerous others. I'm nominating it as the most plagiarized line in all of literature.

2.) the NPC section is missing the other half of the dynamic duo behind the Manners maketh Kobold quest - the Village Fool - there's a picture of him, but no mention of the guy.

3.) Whisperwood - The Herb Woman is actually involved in 2 quests. The Ghost Village and the one where you need to deliver an invite to some herbalist conference. I can't recall the name, but that also brings up ONE more NPC that is missing from this page.

The Herb Woman, btw, has a proper name - Shadow Shelly. The quest in question is called Witching About.

The bird - Azreal - He sits on the perch and when you go looking for the woman, she isn't there, the bird won't talk until you feed him with food found inside the house in a chest. Then the bird squawks at you that he got abandoned by the old fool as she went off collecting thread rush. She can be found in a came to the west of there, just south of Artamark's Gate.

I won't have time to get to these.. If you could.. Thanks..

Oh.. And here's a picture of the bird..

post-14586-0-95916700-1376366324_thumb.jpg

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

sorted
sorted

A few comments...

1.) Valeview - In the section with the grave inscriptions - the one credited to Ernest Hemingway is incorrect. The information can be found in a post I made a while back found here... The quote's originator was John Donne in 1624... Hemmingway borrowed the phrase as did numerous others. I'm nominating it as the most plagiarized line in all of literature.

2.) the NPC section is missing the other half of the dynamic duo behind the Manners maketh Kobold quest - the Village Fool - there's a picture of him, but no mention of the guy.

3.) Whisperwood - The Herb Woman is actually involved in 2 quests. The Ghost Village and the one where you need to deliver an invite to some herbalist conference. I can't recall the name, but that also brings up ONE more NPC that is missing from this page.

The Herb Woman, btw, has a proper name - Shadow Shelly. The quest in question is called Witching About.

The bird - Azreal - He sits on the perch and when you go looking for the woman, she isn't there, the bird won't talk until you feed him with food found inside the house in a chest. Then the bird squawks at you that he got abandoned by the old fool as she went off collecting thread rush. She can be found in a came to the west of there, just south of Artamark's Gate.

I won't have time to get to these.. If you could.. Thanks..

Oh.. And here's a picture of the bird..

attachicon.gifAzreal.jpg

Nice info! Is that pic of the bird a unique creation in the game? Or is that skin shared by any other ing-game entities?

:)

gogo

You guys are kicking butt.

I've been looking through S1 material since that what I'm playing now (completely unplanned- just fired it up to look at my Wood Elf for a second and now I'm sucked back in).

Anyway, Bondbug's Combo and Rune Guide is missing, just a blank page on the wiki. But I see it's still here on the forums so I'm going to copy it over I guess? Did he remove it himself for some reason?

I also noticed that just about every quest entry for S1 is just a blank template with no info! Since I'm going through the game now I think I'll start to make notes and fill some of them in.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Thanks Flix!

A lot of motivation now, life withouth Wiki was pretty crummy, I think a lot of us love being a part of a "mission" and having a non-consumptive purpose.

Something to do, adds value to the day to day, and as long as we can keep it hosted (:lol:) it's everyone's work and contributions up in stars!

:dance:

gogo

If you mean is Azreal the only talking bird in the game - yes. But is he the only black bird/crow/raven in the game - no. They pop up from time to time in Tyr Lysia and Artamark and possibly even in Nor Plat. Don't recall ever seeing them anywhere later in the game - tho I could be wrong.

• Like! 1

sorted and added some links

there is no see also section but the see also links are in the notes section

sorted

sorted, added some links, completed some sentences

nothing to sort, but did change one word in the description from it to its

I'm noticing a lack of consistency in page formats -- some of them don't have a notes section -- others don't have a see also section -- some have the instructions removed from blank sections -- others do not.

• Like! 1

sorted -- I'm pretty sure there is at least one missing quest npc here

sorted -- there are missing NPCs

sorted

sorted -- light and shadow campaign talk to different clan members neither of whom are listed yet

sorted

sorted - deleted the redundant word quest for the three epic office entries.

sorted - there are missing NPCs/quests

no NPcs listed so nothing to sort

sorted - added Stefan Hinz to the list- there are others missing

And that finished up Nor Plat.

sorted -- I'm pretty sure there is at least one missing quest npc here
sorted -- there are missing NPCs
sorted
sorted -- light and shadow campaign talk to different clan members neither of whom are listed yet

1.) There's only ONE problem with the first link. It's not ORC-Thag. It's ORE-Thag.

It's an easy mistake to make... I've made it myself a few times...

post-14586-0-49216600-1376900876_thumb.jpg

2.) Ruka - yes, LOTS of NPCs missing - see the shadow quests already on the wiki for the quest givers and such.

3.) Tharak - Also missing the shadow path NPCs...

4.) Tiupak - Once again - an erroneous reference to OrC-Thag instead of OrE-Thag...

Maybe Schot needs to do a Global replace on Orc-Thag with Ore-Thag... Would make life simpler, perhaps.

Edit: Posted request for Schot on the appropriate thread.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

I suspect that whoever wrote that wanted to make sure that the people looking for Loromir would have an easier time finding him. I clarified, but did not remove the quest from that sentence.

I'm almost to the Dragonsea Islands in my current play through. I've activated the Epic Office Quest and will attempt to figure out which employee is on which Island. If I do get it figured out, I will add the correct employee to the correct Island, otherwise I will leave that alone.

I suspect that whoever wrote that wanted to make sure that the people looking for Loromir would have an easier time finding him. I clarified, but did not remove the quest from that sentence.

I'm almost to the Dragonsea Islands in my current play through. I've activated the Epic Office Quest and will attempt to figure out which employee is on which Island. If I do get it figured out, I will add the correct employee to the correct Island, otherwise I will leave that alone.

That kind of makes little sense. He's not exactly on the beaten path - so to speak - on the main quest at any rate. You still have to go out of your way to find him. Having a map pointing to his location would be helpful. Fixed Loromir's description to remove the main quest reference and substitute the two quests he actually is involved in.

There are two employees on the same island - the one with the horn. One is in the village in the south (Marc Oberhauser), the other is by a lighthouse on the north (Mark Intelmann). All of the others in this region (except for the one on Seraphim Island) are underground in the cave system.

It's the same island you find Mer-Kil on... The village is on the west side of the volcano's cone (the side you exit the caverns from, go to the bottom and turn left to get there)

Added map to the Swamp Dragon's page...

Also added a map to Loromir's location on his page...

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

Your fix does look better. Torsten Allard's page needs some attention then.

I fixed it, but if you can word it better go ahead. I also added Torsten Allard to the Carnach Caves page.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates