What's the weather like over there?

And that was my morning read Chattius, thank you! No boarsigns here.... and I'll be careful to keep my eyes open ever if in even Berlin! :D

Montreal weather?

- 8 but with a glorious sun!

:)

gogo

Forgot to mention it were no people in the car who were injured, the boar was running amok attacking everything moving when injured.

Snow vanished quickly with rain and now people in valley prepare for flooding. Takes 36 hours for the highwater to flow from origins of river to the valley. Luckily (considering floodings) we wouldn't even have a flooding at polecaps melting. But summer the fountain may run dry...

Cool info about the boar, Chattius!

Holy smokes, I didn't know you lived here in Oregon, Etherian!

If you think that's a weird smiley, Gogo, check the one out I found the other day:

Iconspank.gif

Hillarious Emoticon!

Oregonian through & through. Moved here from back East at the tender age of 4. Grew up in Newport on the coast. Now live in Central Oregon.

~the weather.

Snow is once again in the 7 day forcast. Was 22 degrees at 5:30 this morning. 13 including wind chill. As a side note: The sun rise/set here lately have been something out of a photography book.

Amazing just does the images no justice. Breathtaking!

I remain, :bounce:

Sometimes I hate good news/bad news scenarios...........

Good News......I will finally have a full weekend off after several months

Bad News....forecast for Friday/Saturday calls for 30+ inches of snow and 50 mph winds :sigh:

goodluck up there mates. had a warm day here, went for a swim and walk around in shorts, short sleeve shirt, and slops, car thermo said it was 31 at 10:30 this morning...

Delta!

You guys don't have two foot piles of snow and cars snowed in all along the side of the road?

:crazy:

gogo

Let's hope Knuckles will do fine too. He is currently affected by the same storm than us, but it's worse on his side.

You guys don't have two foot piles of snow and cars snowed in all along the side of the road?

:crazy:

gogo

Snow? here? hell I've never even seen snow... would love to though, make a snowman, and have a snowball fight just once... but with all the :evil::diablo::heat::sun: I doubt I'll ever see snow in South Africa...

Right now it's pretty brutal...70+mph wind gusts and snow at 2-3 inches per hour....can't even see the house across the road...heck almost can't see other side of road :) Iid say we got a foot so far. Power has been trying to go out for a couple hours now, lights flickering every few minutes.

All I can say is bless whomever invented the snowblower

haven't seen you on msn today Knuckles, hope yer holding out

And... the gloom and doom has broken here, and we're under beautiful sunny blue skies... -14 aieeeeeeeeeeee... this dont count the wind, winter's a long, and frustrating relationship

:oooo:

gogo

Lost power about midnight and just got it back now....absolutely freezing in the house....me and the kiddo were actually packing up ready to go and find a hotel that had power....according to the electric company website (ty cell phone) approx 95% of Cape Cod is/was without power.....we had a mix for about an hour and everything and I mean everything got a layer of ice sandwiched between two layers of snow...took me over an hour to get into my truck

Luckily for me by the time high tide hit the winds were in the wrong direction to push the water up into my yard....still have a lot of salt spray covering everything though...the whole end of my street is an ice rink....I'd guess we got about 2 feet of snow...hard to tell as it was blowing all over the place...some spots are barely snow covered while one side of my house has 6 foot drifts..

Still snowing here though not that bad...wind is still gusting to 30-40mph....can't wait to see all the work waiting for me....have a feeling I'm getting called in tomorrow....all that ice had to mess up a few antennas

Rache ist Blutwurst!

Hochsitz_zps4f31a922.jpg

'Rache ist süss' is a saying translating into 'Revenge is sweet'. In the famous book 'Nothing new on the western frontier' a soldier doesn't like sweets but has Blutwurst (blood sausage/black pudding) as his favourite meal. So he transformed the saying into 'Rache ist Blutwurst'. The translation used in the english version of the book reads: Revenge is Black Pudding!.

So why this headline? Photo is from today. You remember the boars,you see the apple-tree, you see the ladder, you see the dug up ground near the forest, you see the platform in the apple-tree, you can image a projectile trajectory from this platform to the the dug up ground, you can image what I will do with the boar if I get it?

Blutwurst!!!

Cut a potato in scale in half, cut away a bit from the inside. Fill the hole with pieces from herbs and Blutwurst. Bake the potato halves in an oven. Serve it with Sauerkraut.

328933-big-mit-blutwurst-gefuellte-gebac

It is cruel, it is more, it is barbaric, it is more, it is HESSIAN!

• Like! 1

Nice one, chat. :)

Weather's been kinda meh. Was in Stocholm yesterday. I guess it was around +1C or something. Slush everywhere and more snow raining. We returned Helsinki last night and today was same there, even worse. More snow, more slush... And back home, showeling that same wonderfull white substance. I think I'll pass. Shoveling will have to wait for tomorrow. The cruise took it's toll. :P

Today we're supposed to get a small ice storm, just what we need. But at least it's small. But I removed all the snow I could off my roof, just in case. Last thing I need is all that extra weight on there. I'm on the same power grid as the nearby hospital and the new fire dept down the street, so typically my power isn't out too too long. Feel bad for all the others still without power. Cancelled school cape-wide since most are still being used as emergency shelters.

I should have taken a vid of my dog (that's her in my avatar). She is a wonderful gentle golden retriever, but is she lazy lol. We adopted her after she was retired from a breeding kennel and the poor girl doesn't really act like a dog. She has to this date never retrieved anything, or even chased a ball. No tug of wars or anything. Her one and only skill is sleeping right next to the bathroom door. Ended up putting a night light there as I've tripped over her numerous times

Well back to the vid.....the one time she shows any energy or acts like a dog is when we get snow. All of a sudden she's a puppy all over again. She'll get a running start and plow nose first into the nearest mound of snow and then proceed to make doggy snow angels all over the place. She usually comes back in the house with an inch of snow caked over her entire body. Got to remember next time we get some new snow. My daughter and I laugh so hard everytime she does it...sure you guys will get a kick out of it.

• Like! 1

Well guess I won't have to wait too long for some more snow...forecasting 3-6 inches for thursday with another storm expected to hit on the weekend. Cape is just a huge mess. A lot of places still don't have power including a couple co-workers, even invited them over to my place. Got an extra bedroom and a pull-out couch.

Luckily the ice ended up being plain ole rain, but now we have several lakes on the roads. Can't wait for all the slush to freeze over tonight. Got several towers that are on generators but they will run out of gas soon. Prob is they normally have nothing more than a small dirt path to them and many are quite a distance from the main road. Going to have to get a front end loader to clear some out...a few have trees down across path.

Needless to say, I'm going to be busy (busier?) for awhile.......again

After reading up on Knuckles mis-adventures. I feel obligated not to post on our current 7 day forecast.

For the love of the gods, the man has had enough already!

Be gone with you, Atlantic weather patterns.

I remain, :flu:

Uhh... Be well all who has to deal with excessive amounts of that white wonder...

Luckily we have a comfy -2C and seemingly only little to none snow. Which is really good, as I'm deffo not touching a shovel anytime soon.

Got quite nasty flu or something. Mebbe from the cruise and our adventures on the deck. Me, without jacket. Seems like I ain't from the lineage of bears, as one of my friends seems to be...