Get your HC Sacred 2 sets now - One set item dropped per quest completed!

I asked the devs about the amazing drop rate at the moment and the answer was that this is intended.

PMs, emails and threads about it are all over and maybe the devs will think about it twice since not everyone is happy about the situation.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... In a way this helps the players and supports some class builds that are just not good enough to do bosses on their own. This also helps the somewhat inconsistent builds to become more playable. I quite like that, because if you can't do bosses, you can always do quests for the same result and you don't feel bad about it :)

If it is intended, I see no problems with it. However, it does give some unfair advantage to people who wouldn't mind exploiting it. In just 7 hours I have gained 1 full and 2 sets with only 1 item missing for the seraphim. That's fine by me, since I do plan to play the BFG, the Celestial and the dual wielder seraphim... It is a really nice reward for the effort - if anyone is willing to do it anyway. Looking back at what I did last night, I consider myself insane :)

Besides, a lot of people who didn't pick Enhanced perception were complaining from bad equipment... That won't happen now I guess :) But doesn't this render EP sort of useless? :P

Edited by Dobri

Yes, Dobri it will make the game boring.

If all of us will get the items, then there is no need for trading,bargaining (maybe), enhanced perception, farming bosses, equip jewelery with chance to find valuables

and playing for survival bonus (not to be dead).

This will make the game to come to an end sooner or later.

Back in Titan Quest day I had a drop-mod in single player where I could find all uniques / set of

all game. It took me a week if I remember. I equip my characters right away and that what

left to interest me was level up. No anxious about drop => Boring :P

Better set drops from quests do not affect that much as you think in my opinion :) A lot of useful items are unique - and without decent EP and bargaining, you will hardly make much use of both the set and the unique items from regular hunting or boss drops. Even with a HE with a lot of + damage from gold, platinum and niobium runes, she is still pretty much killable by bosses and mobs :) Even woth a ton of defensive runes, you are not impervious to strikes, and bosses have generally higher chance to hit you.

Even with the best set items, with the most base defense, the most sockets, you are not invulnerable...

So you're not safe at all :)

Well, if the quests started dropping a ton of artamark's star - then I would consider it a problem :P

Edited by Dobri

It makes it easier after all (you are not unbeatable), that is what you are saying.

To make the game easier, with whatever that means, will make it to end sooner

Sacred has the good of many variation upon playing a single char which makes it to last longer.

Having to search for items will expire the game lifetime.

A good balance is the best here , not to have crap all times, not to have good drops all the time

It makes it easier after all (you are not unbeatable), that is what you are saying.

To make the game easier, with whatever that means, will make it to end sooner

Sacred has the good of many variation upon playing a single char which makes it to last longer.

Having to search for items will expire the game lifetime.

A good balance is the best here , not to have crap all times, not to have good drops all the time

I agree...and I would like to add to that if you don't mind.

This game has 200 lvls...that in itself gives it alot of life.

I know what u are saying...there was a bug in Titan Quest,,,the fella that made the extra storage...made the mistake of allowing us to copy/ paste...any item in there...so once u got an item..via trade find etc. u put it in yer storage..which by the way...was on yer hard drive...so lots of storage room... and u could make as many copies as u wanted and use them as trade items to get more to copy...well I liked it for about a week..until I had almost every item in the game...well that was it...no need to play anymore...it got very boring.

However in saying this...this bug or if it even is a bug...who knows...maybe it was intended...(although if it was I am sure it would have been mentioned in the patch notes)..is quite different than the Titan quest thing ...let me explain...I am using...my level 52 HE to gather equipment...now as u know most of the drops are HE type drops all my other toons are too low to take advantage of this,

like my HE can.

If my run gets me 7 or 8 pieces...less than half are for other classes.

I would assume the better drop like set pieces I get are directly related to my score with bargaining...ie... better quest rewards...and my score in EP...magic find...so those skills still fit into the build..I would assume.and makes them still valuable...maybe someone can test it with a toon without Bargaining or EP....because I am on my third HE...and quite like those skills...and would hate to see them wasted.

I use my HE to start a Bronze level game...and I will get alot of drops...but they will be like level 15 to 20 set items and a few uniques....so I can give my starting toons alot of good stuff (not too different than other games I have played where one tweeks thier starting toons with cash... equipment etc...most do it)...but if you have all your slots filled for toons already...you probably won't need that equipment...hence u won't likey go to a bronze level game.

I use my 52 HE and start a silver game....not so many set drops but some...and alot more dryer runs...and they max out around level 39 or so.

I use my 52 HE and start a gold game and its a little worse again....drops wise...but still rewarding....and so on.

I guess what I am trying to say is..I would assume if a very high level toon like 150 or so...did similiar runs...with this patch it would most definately be better drops than before the patch....but not even close to the situation I mentioned with Titan Quest where like I said I lost interest after about a week playing with the new storage mod.

And....if u really want to know....there is nothing worse than doing a chain quest...taking you or if u have a party..like a fair amount of time doing it...opening chests and getting nothing but garbage drops...or how bout killing a boss monster and getting a few blue items...and maybe some dammed potions...that I have over 1000 stored in my chest...it really erks me.

So with my level 52 HE...I will most likely get alot of up to level 15 to 20 set items and more than likely...a bunch of up to level 39 to 40 set items...but I don't have any higher toons...so after that...I am back on campaign mode...and I like the fact that I may recieve a set item for my time killing a boss type and maybe a unique...item.

This patch is not going to ruin my game...I still have alot of playing time left...and I honestly think they have just made it more fair.

One more note....its not exaclty exciting...playing over and over the same thing....referring to these bronze loot runs...I am sure after a time it will settle down and we can get back to buisness..with the main campaign.

Just my two cents...and I hope I have explained my thoughts somewhat...because ...lol...I tend to ramble on.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

Yeah, good point to distinguish from Titan Quest.

But on the other side I could speak about Diablo II.

It has worst drops than any other game and it was intended especially for battle.net to further increase game lifetime.

Of course, things are not as bad as TQ but I really want them back to where they were

(I remembered now also the random unique of Sacred2, which has been removed and that was also a good thing - know what to find)

Yeah, good point to distinguish from Titan Quest.

But on the other side I could speak about Diablo II.

It has worst drops than any other game and it was intended especially for battle.net to further increase game lifetime.

Of course, things are not as bad as TQ but I really want them back to where they were

(I remembered now also the random unique of Sacred2, which has been removed and that was also a good thing - know what to find)

I really liked Diablo 2 but the cheaters ruined the game.....and yeah they were the worst drops...it was annoying...and I have no idea why on earth...they would want to annoy us.

Simply put I think....it must be very hard to balance a game such as this....but I can assure u of one thing....this is a major issue....which I am sure....will be adjusted again...and most likey before u or I quit it...lol.

Alot of times they fix one thing only to mess with another....but let me add to this....for a free online game...it seems to me in the short time I have played it....that the devs are very interested in keeping this wonderful game around for a long time....so I am sure they will mind it properly.

You have probably read the patch notes....for a patch....they added alot of content...wouldn't u say...and like I said earlier.... tweeking the drops could be tricky...and slightly too much or too little could and can have drastic effects on gameplay...they will fix it ....and in the mean time...I will get a bunch of good loot for my starting and lower toons...thats not so bad....and....lol...I think of it..kinda like a gift...for some of the trouble we have had in the past.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

As for the increase of game lifetime... Not everyone can spare like 6-8 hours a day to play Sacred 2. People work, have families and such. I remember while I was in university, like 6 years ago, I was doing a ton of pindleskin and mehpisto runs in D2 and what did I get? Nothing special. If something useful dropped, that would be a godsend. And Stone of Jordan trading currency? That always made me laugh.

The difference between D2 and Sacred 2 is that Diablo 2 isn't that user-friendly and people in it tend to keep their items till the end, or give them out in extreme cases. In Sacred 2, a lot of people easily share and this makes the game very rewarding and with better team play. The difference here is the mentality of the players. That's why I would pick Sacred 2 over D2 anytime.

I'm not saying that more set items from quests are a good thing. All I'm saying that it provides options. If one was doing Campaign boss runs, he will probably continue to get his items that way, since in free play, you are not expected to complete the campaign to do the bosses. I was doing that. Some campaign bosses are just too easy for certain chars. An besides, quest items do not drop from every quest. For all I noticed, they have the same drop rate from 1 star quests as they have with 4 star quests.

Once again, I feel like this is the way Ascaron made the game for us. And I have no guilty conscience over that. I will always play a game the way the developers made it. Besides, if this was a bug, since it would be considered a major one, it should have been fixed overnight. I'm sure Ascaron is not full of idiots who do not see what's happening or wish to ruin their game and reduce the income revenue from purchases. It is a company who wants to make money just like any other. So, the bottom line is - as it still stands, I would think of it more as a bonus than a bug then.

Edited by Dobri
As for the increase of game lifetime... Not everyone can spare like 6-8 hours a day to play Sacred 2. People work, have families and such. I remember while I was in university, like 6 years ago, I was doing a ton of pindleskin and mehpisto runs in D2 and what did I get? Nothing special. If something useful dropped, that would be a godsend. And Stone of Jordan trading currency? That always made me laugh.

The difference between D2 and Sacred 2 is that Diablo 2 isn't that user-friendly and people in it tend to keep their items till the end, or give them out in extreme cases. In Sacred 2, a lot of people easily share and this makes the game very rewarding and with better team play. The difference here is the mentality of the players. That's why I would pick Sacred 2 over D2 anytime.

I'm not saying that more set items from quests are a good thing. All I'm saying that it provides options. If one was doing Campaign boss runs, he will probably continue to get his items that way, since in free play, you are not expected to complete the campaign to do the bosses. I was doing that. Some campaign bosses are just too easy. An besides, quest items do not drop from every quest. For all I noticed, they have the same drop rate from 1 star quests as they have with 4 star quests.

Once again, I feel like this is the way Ascaron made the game for us. And I have no guilty conscience over that. I will always play a game the way the developers made it. Besides, if this was a bug, since it would be considered a major one, it should have been fixed overnight. I'm sure Ascaron is not full of idiots who do not see what's happening or wish to ruin their game and reduce the income revenue. It is a company who wants to make money just like any other. So, the bottom line is - as it still stands, I would think of it more as a bonus than a bug then.

Me too!...its all how u want to play it...It was my own fault for ruining my Titan quest game...I didn't have to install the storage...but I did.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

WOO HOO!

Confirmation of it being a bug!

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...amp;postcount=8

I was so worried...was starting to get bored of this game quickly with drops in combat now made worthless :)

However... I'm now wondering if this was a ploy by Ascaron?

:P

gogo

p.s. Course... if it's a ploy to get us on their good side... take advantage of it while you can... get... those...sets...your few hours remaining have value... go go go!

:)

gogo

WOO HOO!

Confirmation of it being a bug!

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...amp;postcount=8

I was so worried...was starting to get bored of this game quickly with drops in combat now made worthless :)

However... I'm now wondering if this was a ploy by Ascaron?

gogo

p.s. Course... if it's a ploy to get us on their good side... take advantage of it while you can... get... those...sets...your few hours remaining have value... go go go!

:)

gogo

Well that puts a smile on ma face....nice reporting by the way....very quick.

Zandy

This was giving me a heart/stomach ache all day. I like the fact that the community got boost...but having this here all the time would have been like killing the golden goose.

Happy we had this little time, but just as happy that it'll be over tomorrow.

gogo

LOL wow... I was about to crap when I read up above that it was intended. I was thinking: "Uh, if this is intended, I'll see you guys when the expansion comes out. This is TOO easy."

But it does make it interesting and it begs the question: Could there be more intended incentive to do quests (aside from the silly achievements)?

Balance.txt in is the server/scripts folder of your sacred 2 installation. However, it only affects SP and LAN.

To add something about the set hunting mania :) Having your bargaining set on, or just having a higher total bargaining skill while completing the quest increases the chance to get a set item. I have just confirmed it. I got a run of 4-6 set items twice in a row thanks to the shopping gear. Hope it's not too late :)

Balance.txt in is the server/scripts folder of your sacred 2 installation. However, it only affects SP and LAN.

To add something about the set hunting mania :) Having your bargaining set on, or just having a higher total bargaining skill while completing the quest increases the chance to get a set item. I have just confirmed it. I got a run of 4-6 set items twice in a row thanks to the shopping gear. Hope it's not too late :)

Yeah its pretty funny I confirmed that about an hour ago myself....I was using my EP stuff and not getting near the drops.

U might note though...turning on the EP stuff just before your critter dies...boss etc...helps for the drop...then turning bargaining back on to go back to the quest giver...same goes for chests if ya open them ....got a few set items from chests.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

Do you mean MP?

P.S. I will play later today. If they release a patch either Server or Client please do post it here.

No, I'm sure Dobri meant sp and lan - the games you can host on your own machine, so it would probably apply to open net as well. For closed net, the file would be on the server - behind closed doors, so to speak, where you can't change it.

No, I'm sure Dobri meant sp and lan - the games you can host on your own machine, so it would probably apply to open net as well. For closed net, the file would be on the server - behind closed doors, so to speak, where you can't change it.

My point, exactly :D In MP the only way to increase XP is the one Chrona used to make the big level jump - a lot of + XP ker kill and people in the server - it seems 5 is the optimal value.

EDIT: They still haven't fixed the set item bug.

Edited by Dobri

Yes still there (it is a weekend no bug fixing for Ascaron),

although I am against it, I admit I collect my own set for future usage.

But, if Ascaron would do a fix thing that they could also remove all set items gotten so far and replace them with new ones

like the ring/amulets changes :D It would be huge move!

Edited by Spyrus

They won't. How will they determine which set piece was from a quest and which from a drop? Unless they keep every single drop in a database (which I highly doubt), the only thing they'll do is to lower the drop rate of set items from quests. That's it I think :D

And besides, I don't see it as an exploit. That's something they gave us. If it was that much of an exploit, it would've been fixed during the day the patch was released :D