Burning Down the VoT with my Widder BM

Heeeey guys. I've been working on my very first UW widder. A BM of course! In the olden days of Sacred Plus I would run amok with my health kept near around 500 health points and 500-600% Widd. Shooting off fireballs and blowing everything to ash. Well times have changed and in UW, as some have said, widd is not as powerful as it once was. :cow_white: I endeavor to find this out for myself.

Here in this video you will see my level 130 BM using 440% widd, 16% life leech, over 20% open wounds, Burning Bone(Looooove dah burning Bone!) aaaaaand... 26% split! :hugs: I'm using 13 Aranums Wrath rings that I have collected from my 3 plat chars. This ring is significant in the fact that they each have +20% fire damage +30% widd and +2% Split. Normally I would use Byleth Sparkles which I love so much. I am using 4 Byleth Sparkles actually but in previous builds I would have used much more than that and not used the Aarnums Wrath rings at all. Well Byleth Sparkles are much harder to find than the Aarnums Wraths so I decided to give them a try. At first I was kind of scared but I soon realized that the 26% Split can not only be a burden but also a blessing. Because I always use Flameskin it means I am always getting life leech when in combat and with the split comes extra enemies to fight. But also extra enemies to leech from. So I'm finding that things have remained balanced after all. Plus the fact that when I take damage I do extra damage and that means even more leech. So where I once used widd powerful damage I now seem to be using widd in the VoT for powerful leeching when the need is great.

I am struggling with one particular thing though. It has been an obstacle I have not overcome every since I began playing melee style BM. That my attack rate(chance to hit enemy) has never been high enough. :3lmao: You can hear in this video that I am missing very often to my great frustration. I plan to jack up my Cataract of Agility but it's already level 113. Also I am in search of a great horse that will increase my attack rate. If thats even possible. And of course I'll be shopping for a nice saddle to help. Maybe a better sword can be found for my poor BM. I've been using the Paternus sword for the longest time so maybe it's time that I change that.

Any suggestions on how I might improve my attack rate? Maybe unique +strength rings could do the trick?

Well enough babbling from me. Here is my BM splitting everything under the sun and then burning them down in a Plat LAN game. *Note that Burning Bone is guaranteeing that everything splits except boss types.

P.s. On closer inspection I noticed that during one of the battles my health went waaaay down and then one of the following Flameskin hits did 53,895 damage. With full health it does 6-7000 damage. Not bad. Not too bad me thinks for a start. :blush:

Do you need faster attack or more hits? I found the same with my only char to ever hit niob - my to hit went way down, to about 35%. Even at 220 attack speed, it wasn't good enough. I think that you could adapt my WE strategy, but use forged attack rather than defense. Each would replace a socketed ring, unless you increase your socket count.

Each one adds 20% to all damage, 15 base attack points and 35% to attack. You'd need to get more sockets for this to work. Don't know what you've got in there now (other than the Aarnum and Byleth), but it seems there a re a few sockets to toy with. I think I can have up to 24 on my WE (4 bow, 4 body, 2 shoes, 3 gloves, 4 belt, 2 legs, 3 hat, 2 arms) There should be room in there for some attack sockets I think. You'll need you dwarf to get really good equip with the max sockets, though.

Schot You've done it again!

Your years of work and thinking into this build, finally materializing...

And How!

This video is a great example of a master WIDDer at work. A victory for your all your extreme ideas brought to life in dazzling technicolor...

The damage via WIDD and leech is an incredible display of this games high end mechanics.

WIDD RULES!

:P

gogo

p.s. So how much pepto bismol did this video take to make? :)

Ah great suggestion gial. I hadn't really thought of using Dwarf forged attack. That could do the trick. My attack speed is max 220 so that's no problem. and as for sockets I think I have 27 sockets to work with which includes the sockets from my weapon/shield. I have 3 sockets devoted to increasing my attack rate/chance to hit. Each of those three sockets have amulets that add about 120 to attack as well as increasing my resistances. I can't be certain that the Dwarf forged attack is going to be better than an amulet with +120 to attack but it's definitely worth a try! Thanx again for that suggestion. :P

Hehe. Thanx gogo. How much Pepto bismal you say? *shakes empty bottle upside down* :)

I'm going to do some research into unique socketables that can help you with your percentage to hit.

My WIDD seraphim I'm running right now has a combo or rbol and sof. Seraphim's are notoriously awful at hitting things, and since I don't want to inveset in my DW, I just use SOF now, all the time. I'm surprised yer Cataract doesn't help you more.

Anyone else have any ideas here?

Is there any sockeable uniques that can aid with percentage to hit?

Also your weapon.

Is there other weapons out there that could help with this?

With your sword lore you have wide access to a LOT of weps. If you are using yer weapon to increase yer damage, count that as irrelevant.

The WIDD is more than enough. But if yer missing more than half the time...well then there goes a HUGE percentage of that damage you won through WIDD.

So...look for better socketables and...a better weapon.

:D

gogo

If you have only 3 sockets dedicated to attack boost, this may not help. With four, using the forge in one is 3 x 35% frm the remaining 3 ammys, or about a wash, BUT ALSO GIVES A 20% boost to damage as well.

Actually, the forge works on all attack you have, so it'll be better than that. I know that each 36 def ring I wear adds over 400 to my defense value with all my defensive forges. Look at you bonuses and you should be able to do a quick calculation.

Don't Sabres also have a supremely high chance of hitting as well?

I ferget now :D

Maybe there's a fantastic unique sabre out there you can use?

:D

gogo

Congrats Schot! I'm still not able to see those silly vids but I'm sure its great!

And keep the WIDD BMs going strong to avenge the death of mine!

StiCk_eM

P.S. - Started my Pure Earth Mage

Ok. I tried the dagger. Yuck! lol. My BM looks so lame using a dagger, haha. I just happened to have a Hasty Firetooth dagger which is a unique and substantially increased my attack rate. One big negative though is that if it misses then I lose a ton of time vs # of hits compared to my normal sword attack. It seems the strike speed that I get from my Sword Lore doesn't help the use of daggers at all. :( So I'm opting not to use daggers. Ultimately I don't think they are worth it.

On the plus side I managed to increase my Cataract of Agility 30 levels which brought my attack rate up from about 11,000 to 15,000 so things are looking good again. I really didn't think increasing CoA was going to make much difference but happily, to my surprise, it did. :D

I'm going to try to improve the sockets I'm using to increase attack rate but ultimatley I'd rather use them for widd. I think what I'll try next is increasing my CoA further. Presently I cast it at level 160. Then I'll look at buying a very good saddle to increase attack rate while riding. But man the VoT monsters have some very high defenses. :D

Congrats Schot! I'm still not able to see those silly vids but I'm sure its great!

And keep the WIDD BMs going strong to avenge the death of mine!

StiCk_eM

P.S. - Started my Pure Earth Mage

Thanx Stick'em! I'm doin the best I can to keep the race of BM widders alive. Every kill is a kill for you mah friend. :D Oh and you'll need to go this link to see the movie Stick'em: DivX Web Player

Oh and here's a direct link to the movie on my stage6: Burn baby Burn!

Hey Schot, excellent vid, though I'm not quite sure why you feel the need to hit things with your sword? Surely for dealing with large groups, Flameskin is doing most of the damage (with WIDD)?

Hmm.. There isn't much WIDD action as you seem to have full hp allmost all the time in the video. Also it looks like your Flameskin is doing all the killing as you hardly ever hit anything. You CoA level must be low? or why your AR is too low to hit things?

The reason why he's got so much health all the time is becuase he's lazy and is socketing Aarnum's WIDD rings instead of "normal" ones! :o:smart:

Those rings have splits on them and I think his bm now is running at about more than twenty percent split! :pitcher:

The split is giving him TOO much leech right now and with all the overspawning of monsters he's getting,he's leeching back too much and so this is why it's taking him longer than usual to kill things because too much leech combined with WIDD turns into an Uber super Defence system rather than a massive damage dealer, better than socketed defence ammies, IMO, but if you're looking for the thrills of high damage values, Widd gets transformed when leech is too high.

Basically it's almost impossible to die, but the damage is not quite the astronomical values we expect.

:)

gogo

Whaha cool. That truly rocks :smart:

I couldn't ever imagine, that Flameskin could be a serious Killer CA, so.. wow.

And such a hich Attack Rating with simple Hits.. that's amazing :o

Very good Job, and nice Video as well :pitcher:

OMG, where did all the posts come from:) lol. Totally didn't even realize the last 5 posts were here until just now.... Ho hum. I'm so dum. :cool:

@Llama:

Honestly. I really don't. I could opt for any one of my attack Combat Arts and I'd be totally on top of things. In all truth this build is quite ideal for a Fireball BM. All the right pieces are in place. Alas, I'm on a mission and determined to get this darned sword to hit something. Effectively I might add. *dreams*

@Sylph:

Hehe Jasper. I would suggest you play any other way. It's a TON of fun. Very effective. Never have to worry about being hurt. :)

@Obsession:

Yah... *sigh* I'm not getting the widd fun I'm eager for just yet. Reason being this is my first UW widder and VoT scares the crap out of me, lol. I'm still testing. This particular example is a direct export of my "playing it safe for now" BM widder. It will be a little while before I publish a video of me running around with low health in the VoT. :P The Flameskin has really shocked me in UW though. I jacked it up as soon as possible and I swear it's waaaaay more powerful than it was in Plus. Same with ice ring I think. But dang that Flameskin. It keeps killin stuff before I can swing at anything, lol. I imagine once I tweak my health/widd that I'll just take strolls through the VoT and incinerate everything as I go without lifting a finger. Those Golems are total wimps when it comes to fire. The Cereprepods on the other hand... They have super high defense! Ugh. CoA is now level 160. I'm gonna see about jacking it up more.

@gogo:

Nono. The reason why I have so much health is because I'm scaaaaaared! haha. Do you have any idea how valuable this char is? I mean... Just look at all the jewelry he's got on, lol.

Oh and speaking of thrills. I've adjusted my leach to 6%. Eh heh... :D Doing great though. I little too great still. I'm debating adding 1% pain... That, or I'm going to start using Stoneskin. Lock my health down, scrap all my leach and then just lower my health with pain to a nice amount and go off into battle. That's how I used to do it. No leach.

@Therion:

It's sooooo much fun Therion! :) I always knew Flameskin could hurt things bad but never thought it could do THIS much. And it's only at level 221.

Thanx for the comments guys. :)

• 4 years later...
Please Sign In or Sign Up